Preview Round 23- Lions v Tigers. Sunday 25th August 2019 3.20pm MCG.

Who wins and by how much?

• Lions by 1 to 9.

Votes: 21 14.3%
  • Lions by 10 to 29.

Votes: 36 24.5%
  • Lions by 30 to 49.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Lions by 50+

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Tigers by 1 to 9.

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Tigers by 10 to 29.

Votes: 46 31.3%
  • Tigers by 30 to 49.

Votes: 19 12.9%
  • Tigers by 50+

Votes: 5 3.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get 70k this will be the biggest audience most of our boys have played in front of..

Yes - Hodge, Robbo, Neale, Cameron..

Maybe - Lyons (with the crows? don't think so), McCarthy (maybe with the cats? doubt it, did he play a final?), Rich (Don't think so, Dogs elimination final in 2009 was played at Docklands wasn't it? other contests would have struggled to push 70K along the way?)

What a great day for our club if that crowd rolls through.
Not great for those of us surrounded by Tiger fans though (couldn't get a seat in the Lions only area). If they win they are bad enough, but if they lose .....

Playing on the G against a contest in front of a big crowd will give the coaches a great look in to see what we might need to tweak heading into finals.

Based on this, I would suggest that the bench against Richmond is going to be:

Cox, Answerth, Bailey and Rayner.

If Fagan wants to pick a more 'in form' bench it will be

Cox, Answerth, Bailey and Mathieson.

The article confirms my previously stated view that we are going to be OFFENSIVE as possible against Richmond and blow them apart early like we did against GWS and Port Adelaide.

The article confirms my previously stated view that we are going to be OFFENSIVE as possible against Richmond and blow them apart early like we did against GWS and Port Adelaide.
Think your read on it is spot on. Coaches will know better than us if Cox is able to handle the big game pressure and speed of the game coming straight from NEAFL. I have been thinking Matho so we will know at 5pm.

Na, Adams to Lynch, Dizzy to Riewoldt, Harris to play intercepting defender role.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It could go many ways & there are different schools of thought, all with some merit; so it makes interesting discussion. I'm excited to see how Fagan first matches their forwards up!
I have my doubts about Adams (192cm) starting on Lynch (199cm) & would expect Andrews (201cm) will get that job. Whilst Hawkins (who Adams gave a bath) is almost as tall as Lynch, Hawkins (198cm) tends to use his strength more & Adams was our best match up on the day. Also taking into account Ratugolea (197cm) flies higher (plays taller) than Hawkins, Andrews was probably our only match up for him. This Sunday, Riewoldt (193cm) imo could be covered by Dizzy (193cm) or Adams. Personally I'd go Dizzy to shut down Riewoldt & free up Adams to hurt Richmond with his intercept skills, while covering a lesser opponent.
According to interviews, part of the "pitch" when recruiting Adams was that he would not be getting the number 1 opposition fwd, as he did at Footscray & ended up suffering many injuries. Adams called playing on the No.1 spearhead "playing in the slot" & he seemed extremely happy being offered a move away from that role at the Lions. He said he was pitched being given a more versatile role with chances to even play on the third tall fwd & be more attacking.
Whichever way Fagan lines up the side, the anticipation going into this week's game is enormous 😵

For mine, the Lions will make their biggest statement so far this year & give Richmond a touch up! $17 for Lions 40+ looks mighty generous for the leagues highest scoring team.

That's why the $17 for the Lions 40+ looks a terrific bet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This game has a v Essendon 2001 vibe, if it bleeds we can kill it.

I’v been saying this all week, this is our current groups ‘if it bleeds we can kill it’ occasion, take this ruthless attitude into the game and we’re a real chance of knocking them over, time will tell

Would have been nice for the Club to include that in it's email, it just said rock up and try on the day and if you can't get in try somewhere near by.

That's annoying.
From memory GA is mainly up in the clouds.

From memory GA is mainly up in the clouds.

Narr generally behind the goals in GA - was for the Essendon game. Usually if its a 'ticketed' game its plastered everywhere. Email could have just said, "this section is ticketed for this game so we recommend those wanting to sit with other Lions supporters to get online a pre-book tickets using there membership bar-code" - I would have gone on and done it Monday, just assumed it was GA like every other MCG game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back