Round 3, 2015 - Vent Thread Strikes Back

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not truly realise it until tonight but the quality of posting on this board has reached rock bottom. You can always expect the odd rubbish post but reading post after post after post of absolute bullshit pisses me off.

If you want to vent, vent your little heart out but some of the s**t I have read tonight is ridiculous. Stop acting like little bitches, stop having a sook and accept the fact that the team is currently rubbish and it will take time to develop this young list. If you can't put a loss like tonight into perspective with players like Rockliff, Hanley and Merrett out and you want to make a big show("Sack Leppa!" "**** this team!!!!") you may as well just give up on the sport.

Don't get me wrong, tonights performance was nothing but woeful and anyone who is referring to it as such has every right to do so. This post is not directed at you guys.
I haven't read any other posts so not sure if it's been touched on, I think it's the fact that it's meant to be an 8 year turn around, roughly, and we are at the same point of 6 years ago. I completely understand everyone's anger and emotions at this, there is no light in the tunnel. Club needs a complete overhaul.

It's frustrating to see us constantly aim to improve every year. When was the last time our coach said. "Our goal is finals this year?" Because i cannot remember it.

Can we just stop hiring these weak coaches and hire someone with the balls and talent to tell our fringe players to step up or leave and tell our under performing leads to show by example or be dropped.

And for the love of god! Stop hiring ex brisbane lions players as coaches!

He was the only one running his guts out all night. He stays in the team.

He's probably in the top five worst players in the league, but hey, lets keep playing him because he tries hard. He's just a dumb player - brb spoil your own player, run into an open goal and fall over, kick to the opposite team. He's the gift that keeps on giving.

This is definitely the wrong thread, but I was thinking the same thing and made a list...

Had last year (at least 11 games), not this year:

Patfull
Hanley
Merrett
Rockliff
Brown
Harwood

Have this year, not last year:

D. Beams
Robinson
Christensen
Leuenberger
McGrath
Rich

Five out of that six are just quality. Even disregarding Brown, who barely made it to 50% of our games last year, that's still four of our best players gone from last year.
Yeah we lost a bit more than we gained IMO but nothing to suggest we would be putting in gutless performances for 3 weeks. Maybe it is the assistant coaches or something? I know we had quite a few new faces come in.

Never understood the recruitment of Robinson. The guy is a horrid player and to top it off he was selected for round one despite not having a single effective possession all pre-season.

One of the few memorable plays of the game for me was when Robinson snuffed out a Richmond forward push by diving on the ball and knocking it free. The guy has serious limitations for sure, but if most of our list showed the heart and toughness that he does we'd be a better side.

He's probably in the top five worst players in the league, but hey, lets keep playing him because he tries hard. He's just a dumb player - brb spoil your own player, run into an open goal and fall over, kick to the opposite team. He's the gift that keeps on giving.
Who will you bring in instead? Another 18 year old to get smashed in the contest? He may not be skilled but with him in the side you at least know he is going to put in the effort every week.

The worst bit is that in 2013 we looked like we were ready. We only JUST missed finals, the future was bright, and now everything is arsed up again.

And we have no one to blame but ourselves.

If you will all excuse me, I'm going to go and read my little red book from 2013 that has all my plane and game tickets in it.

Who will you bring in instead? Another 18 year old to get smashed in the contest? He may not be skilled but with him in the side you at least know he is going to put in the effort every week.

Dawson comes to mind straight away - he performed much better in the pre season then Robbo. Cutler could come in too if we change the team structure around a bit. O'Brien "tried hard" like you said last week but got dropped. Still have hope Bourke can return because I'd prefer him in defense and move Paps to HFF which would remove Robbo.

I understand he puts in effort but he simply isn't good enough to play reserve footy. Just hurts the team too much with horrid skills and decision making. Too many times he burnt our forward movement by taking too long to make his mind up then eventually putting one of our players in trouble which lead to a turnover.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was a passage of play in the last, tonight; Deep inside 50 for the Tigers, the ball is contested, not far outside their goal square, we win out, sopping a score, knocking the ball out toward the pocket. Loose ball between Aish, his direct opponent and the boundary. I'm looking directly at Aish wondering what he is doing/thinking. His man is after the ball, but he is watching him and I reckon what's going through his mind was something along the lines of "He's going after the ball. If he gets it, I'll get him. I'm waiting for you pal, and you better watch out if you pick up that ball".
He was not the least bit interested in attacking the ball, just watching and waiting for his opponent to get it.
Well, his opponent did get it, and it was as simple as picking the ball up, uncontested, turning and getting it on his boot, which he did, straight to a team mate providing a shot on goal.
Just no thought for chasing or applying pressure, let alone actually getting the ball himself or at least killing it. It was as though he was trying to corral a player before they even had the ball. I remember thinking, "If you're going to play like that, you can * off to Adelaide". It was one of the laziest, weakest, apathetic things I saw tonight.:mad:

The worst bit about the game was our disposal by foot. The Richmond defence was clearly on top for most of the night which obviously made scoring difficult. Still, I wouldn't be disrupting the side even more by making wholesale changes for next week. Assuming he's fit I'd be bringing in Merrett, Cutler (who apparently is playing well in the twos) and Robertson (for his tank and running ability). I'd give McGrath, Maguire and maybe Robinson a rest.

Look, we have been terrible for the past 3 weeks, probably worse than Fitzroy...It isn't the time now man

I don't know about you but I watched a lot of Fitzroy games in '96 and I don't think the Lions are anywhere near "worse than Fitzroy".

Why was Lewis Taylor the sub? **** the sub rule. It is crap.

Looking forward to next year, strong rumours they're going to scrap it with 100% of senior coaches against the rule.

Looking forward to next year, strong rumours they're going to scrap it with 100% of senior coaches against the rule.

I certainly hope so. Sub really does nothing. Would be better off using a harsh interchange cap instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back