Review Round 4, 2023: Box Hill Hawks v Collingwood, 16 April 2023, 12.00pm @ BHCO

Remove this Banner Ad

Wet weather footy they let that stuff go a bit more, not as strict on high contact because it's slippery

Yeah don't mind if they let more go in the wet - the game will naturally have a lot more stoppages, so want to avoid scrum packs as much as possible.

Joined the broadcast about 5 mins into the 2nd. From that point, I thought Bennetts was best on, and Lynch excellent around the ground and OK in the ruck. Bennetts and O’Sullivan seem to work well together.

Brown also good, but kicks a few floaters.

Kosi not too bad - I think the wet suits him, so no-one else is marking and he can impact on the ground.

Lynch been awesome.

Reckon Bennets is a player.
Bennetts has smarts and workrate. That gets you places.
Picks the ball up in the second, gave the hands out and then puts his head down for 10 meters and bursts to find space on the outside and then ends up getting it back - we subsequently goal.

I like him a lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weddle and BMac combined well there

BMac was so clean off that ground ball get. Really quick hands - he's done something like that two games in a row, where he's just super quick at passing off clean by hand, under pressure.

Been watching Ethan Stanley too from Box Hill - I was super impressed with the young lad last week, he was just so solid in a mixed inside-outside role, had a lot of good ground-ball gets & I50s. His positioning just seems to be really good, always pops up in the right spot.

Been a little more muted this game, but expecting him to play out the 2nd half well with it drying up a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back