Review Round 4, 2023: Box Hill Hawks v Collingwood, 16 April 2023, 12.00pm @ BHCO

Remove this Banner Ad

Mostly hybrid forwards are tall but a liability when ball hits ground, but Ramsden is sharp when it hits the deck. Would be a really tricky match up if he was the 3rd target down the track, if he can get a height mis match but also show that class off the deck.

Kosi's performances at this level are bafflingly poor. As an athlete he should be head and shoulders above most of his opponents but he just looks lost.

On a more positive note tho, how's the depth? It's great to have an organisation as strong as Box Hill aligned with us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to admit I thought all the ramsden hype on this board was a bit nuffie at first but having watched a few games from him last year and this year, gee he really is impressive. Credit to those that called it early. Could be an absolute steal.
I always felt it was reasonable. There's been far more hype on far poorer players, where Ramsden is a bit of a unicorn athletically and seems to improve every game he plays.

Kosi's performances at this level are bafflingly poor. As an athlete he should be head and shoulders above most of his opponents but he just looks lost.

On a more positive note tho, how's the depth? It's great to have an organisation as strong as Box Hill aligned with us.

I don't want to kick Kozi at the minute, as it's pretty clear he's down on form bad.

But one thing really annoyed me today. Went for a marking contest in the 3rd, didn't mark it and just sort of stopped/gave up afterwards, even though the ball was still being contested. Like zero second efforts - just frustrating. Basic efforts will help to break his form rut.

I don't want to kick Kozi at the minute, as it's pretty clear he's down on form bad.

But one thing really annoyed me today. Went for a marking contest in the 3rd, didn't mark it and just sort of stopped/gave up afterwards, even though the ball was still being contested. Like zero second efforts - just frustrating. Basic efforts will help to break his form rut.
This isn't a form rut, this is Kosi in the VFL. He's worse in the VFL than he is in the AFL, it's inexplicable.

DAMN - wanted Ramma to get his 5th. Still a little more time to get it.

This isn't a form rut, this is Kosi in the VFL. He's worse in the VFL than he is in the AFL, it's inexplicable.

He's been better than he was last week - he was largely invisible last week. Had some neat efforts and contested marks better.

He's clearly down on form, he's played better for us. But there are some concerning trends in his gameplay - big part his contested work and second efforts for mine.

What a nuffie umpire, giving a free kick for deliberate out of bounds for missed shot at goal off the gorund.

He needs to be tried as a close-checking KPD, he's just completely lost as a forward. Especially when the game is scrappy.

He obviously looked better previously when there was space for him to lead into, but he's just not going to get that at this level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back