Autopsy Round 5, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Reid's a ball pig !!!!

Wce Phil... you didn't this his game would translate to AFL. You wanted us to trade the pick

View attachment 1959616

I sure did, if it meant for picks 2 & 3. I then would have traded 3 for 6 & 11. Would have drafted McKercher (after bidding on Walter), O'Sullivan (After bidding on Ethan Read) and Wilson. Then would have gone straight for an inside mid with our nominal second rounder with Hall and been done.

In an open draft I still would have taken Walter above Reid and still would.

It was a great game by Reid and i'm happy to have him at the club.

- Richmond were decimated by injury in exactly the areas we needed them to, and our defence still sucks.
Back in 2022 when we put a team of seconds on the field for a lot of the year I don't remember the other teams saying "this win sucked because they were decimated". All I remember is being bagged out for being so sh*t.

Far out with Harley Reid current endurance he mother ****ing pulls out a 27 possession game.

Amazing! I compare HR with JHF in terms of how I want development to be. However Jason didn't pull a 27 possession game in first year

When we talk about breakout games this was Harley's not last week's.

Prime Yeo is a big reason why we are better.

Last edited:
I was a kid at the time, so don't remember it clearly, but is this what it felt like watching Judd's first few games?

Yes. Different era but Judd was not this.

Judd was showing glimpses of the player he would be. Cousins too BTW, he came out the block.

Harley is like….already there yet there is more to come.

I can’t remember anything like it

I was a kid at the time, so don't remember it clearly, but is this what it felt like watching Judd's first few games?

People got out of their seats whenever Judd was in a 10 meter radius of the pill. It was something to see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Highly recommend a double header re-watch, the Beagles and then the main course.

Positives:
My entire wishlist was pretty much ticked off

Things I hope to see:
  • Another break the line and goal from Chesser. (Close enough with the break and pass) :whitecheck:
  • Reid fending off dusty :whitecheck:
  • 3+ goals for Waterman :whitecheck:
  • Yeo to continue beast mode. :whitecheck:
  • Hough to continue his domination of small/med fwds. :whitecheck:
  • For once the ball doesn't get to the d50 often and it's a easy day for the defenders. :whitecheck:
Reid 100% a lock for the Rising Star nom (and i'll go early and say a lock for the award).
Petch had a great game.
Longy was very good.
TK got a little too excited for once and started spraying them a bit in the last but nice to see him go for those goals, keep doing it!
Smashed them in the stats

Screenshot 2024-04-14 185500.png

Negatives:
Birds of Tokyo song.
Cutting to Bounce instead of staying with the game.
Defense was sub-par but thankfully we gave them a good break so it didn't get down there much

Honestly I felt like Judd's early AFL career wasnt as scintillating as Reid's currently is.

He was always gonna be great, but Reid is just scary when thinking about his potential ceiling. I equate Harley closer to Cousins myself.

I sure did, if it meant for picks 2 & 3. I then would have traded 3 for 6 & 11. Would have drafted McKercher (after bidding on Walter), O'Sullivan (After bidding on Ethan Read) and Wilson. Then would have gone straight for an inside mid with our nominal second rounder with Hall and been done.

In an open draft I still would have taken Walter above Reid and still would.

It was a great game by Reid and i'm happy to have him at the club.
All good. Just a gentle ribbing. Don't take it to heart.

Huge game by Waterman today. He started very strong last year but after his illness it is so good to see him come back and produce the way he has. And he should be even better when he's playing with two proper forwards (sorry Jacks, though you both were solid as well today). Beast mode Yeo is fantastic to watch. S & C should just book the entire team in to the Qatar clinic now. Reid following his breakout game with an even better game.

We dominated clearances today. Arguably our biggest weakness is now our biggest strength.

It was nice to see some proper forward craft today. It is so much easier for midfielders to spot up a target moving into space than sitting it on the heads of a pack of players.

Slightly less noticeable but I thought Ginbey looked good when he was in the middle and Long looked good on the wing.

The only real negative was the inaccuracy in the second half and we took our foot off the pedal a bit in the last quarter.

Yes. Different era but Judd was not this.

Judd was showing glimpses of the player he would be. Cousins too BTW, he came out the block.

Harley is like….already there yet there is more to come.

I can’t remember anything like it
You're right. It took Judd until that Brisbane game to announce himself and that was after 30 or so games.

Reid already did it last week in his 4th and shat all over that effort this week in his 5th.

It's unreal.

Even better, he looks heavily invested in the club already. Look at his interactions with his teammates vs JHF's in his first season, for instance.

People got out of their seats whenever Judd was in a 10 meter radius of the pill. It was something to see.

Nic Nat was the same too.

In terms of the crowd getting excited whenever he was near the ball or lurking in the forward line when it came in high and long.

Fantastic result. I confess, I was a tad cross at the start. A big test for the club today, an expectation of playing well and getting a win. To turn it around after being hit hard early was excellent. You can forgive what looked like a tired and fatigued group in the last, was a big effort to be able to overhaul the deficit and then take complete control of the game.

Too many positives to list. If we can bring that effort each week, we should be able to compete more often than not.

Another big test next week. A win would be be brilliant, but after the last game against them, time to restore some pride and really be up for a fight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back