Unofficial Preview Round 5 Changes vs. Sydney Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

A bit stiff on Josh there. He played half a game and had a dozen touches with a couple of i50s and a heap of tackles. I'd be more tempted to start him on the ground than send him back to the magoos.

It really depends on structures doesn't it.
I mean hes probably that direct swap for Son Son at the moment isn't he.

Have to be Crozier out for Fyfey and Tabs out for Mayney if fit.

Would Sherro come back in for the Yalgoo Flash?

Lachie Neale or the Flash can crumb in the forward line for mine, we chose not to replace Walters and went for height against the Bombers.

Just reported on the Sydney news
That Tippett will play. So who goes to buddy and who goes to Tippett ?

It will definitely stop them bombing in long like they did last week

Ross seemed very confident on 6pr that Mundy and Mayne will both play.

If so, I'd have to agree with Harry and say out: Crozier and Taberner. Seems a bit rough on both of them but I think Simpson should be given another shot as the sub.

Not sure if Sydney in the rain is going to play to Simpsons strengths and he might go missing.

Still looks like fine weather at the moment for the game in the forecast. However today Is pissing down.

I like to give some reports from within opposition territory so here you go.

Maaaaaaaan these guys have turned feral over here, the media, the fans the general public are calling for heads to roll in the swans camp. It has got so bad that there are some supporters calling for Hannebry's and McVeigh's heads !! WTF

I have never seen them all so against the club and the team since I have been living in Sydney.

Many supporters also don't feel that Tippet will fix anything. That is if he plays seniors at all. He may play reserves yet.

The media are all saying, lose to Freo and you can kiss the season goodbye.
Horse has declared that every player is playing for their spot and he is not afraid to drop stars.

All I can say is that they are a proud club and this week is going to be like a grand final for them. I hope Ross has the boys switched on and ready to expect a VERY physical contest. There will be some changes and we will see a very different Swans. They will be playing for their spot in the team and their Season.

Also don't forget 3 of the swans games do far have been in the wet. They don't play well in the wet. The only dry game was Adelaide and they flogged them. Expecting a dry game this weekend. They will be much better

We have the team to do it, especially with Fyfe back, but they need to be switched on and not have a crap first quarter (like every game this year) or they could find themselves behind quite early.

Go Freo !!!! Can't wait to be there Sat night

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just another general warning that the ticketing website for the SCG is very misleading in regards to seat information.

eg The website map may show your seat as being outside the 50 but in reality the seat can be deep in the pocket.

Bear it in mind when buying seats over the net at the SCG.

Ross will know he has to get the boys ready, the swans will come out with a lot of aggression, they'll be hitting the packs hard.

Is it worth selecting Ibbo ? Looks like he may be good to go. He goes back and Clancee takes Barlows spot

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2014-04-15/hbf-injury-update-walters-waits-good-news-for-injured-stars

Simmofreo is right, hes listed as a test. Would be surprised if he plays, especially if we play Mayne. Quick recovery nonetheless, might even play for peel and you'd have to say should be available next week if he doesn't play this week which is great news. Interesting that they didn't mention Barlow in the video.

Last edited:
Reckon that without Walters we in general need to keep a forward line of Pav, Tabs/Keplar, Clarke/211, Ballas, Mayne/defensive forward and a Rotating Mid.

That said Mayne shouldn't come in unless 100% (was struggling before he was injured anyway) and we do need to be wary of Simpson - are we sure he can run out a full game yet and how will he go on a small congested ground?

If it is wet I would go smaller and take out Tabs for Fyfe. Sheridan maybe also instead of Simpson with fitness and a bigger body but Sheridan needs to inject himself into the game more.

If it is dry I would stick with Tabs and Fyfe comes in for Crozier or maybe Simpson who can travel for the experience and be fresher for the following week back at Subi in more space.

I cannot see Mayne getting up for this one.

Inconceivable that Josh won't play in this game.

Ross stands to gain far more by playing him in this match, than not.

We really only need one change for Fyfe and it probably will be Crozier.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back