Preview Round 5: Lions v Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong are a great team. We could have easily made the score line a bit more acceptable if we kicked straight. The effort wasn't that bad, just poor kicking. We won a fair chunk of the stats. Not too dissappointed in this game. Shame it was a loss for Blacky. A true champion bloke and player. Here's to Blacky!!!!

Well what can you say:eek:
Few of our older players should take a good hard look at themselves.
That was horrible.
I am so sick of Geelong being so!@#$%^good.

Jed ,Polec were our best and probably Rich.Rocky ok.
The endeavour was there, our skills were shit.
Everything seemed to go against us.
Possibly the worst game I have ever seen us play.
I think I have almost lost faith.
Almost.
BUTtomorrow is another day.

We won clearances, inside 50's, contested possessions, tackles. Just completely lack class and composure. We really need some composed small options up forward. Oh god how I hope Zorko can offer this.

None of us are happy with the game, particularly being Simons 300th, but given the conditions it could quite easily have been an absolute thrashing....it wasn't.....it was 38pts..

We just have to move on, and hope like hell there isn't another game like it...

Raines went for the ball but put himself between the ball and Selwood, should be ok, couldnt believe the commentry on the other Raines Selwood incident. Selwood punches Raines, Raines goes down and he gets weeks no doubt. NO, he just goes whack back and if you listen to the guys on Fox it was like he was the agressor. Will be an interesting few days before the tribunal.

Glad we fought it out, we won the contested poss and also inside 50's so any that think we were crap didn't see a young side on the up against the reigning premiers.

Even if 4 of those behinds had been turned into goals it would have reflected the game a lot more. We would have only lost by 18 points I think, if my maths is correct. If we had turned 7 out of those 17 behinds into goals we had ourselves a draw. Disappointing but it shows we have improved this year to last. We really could have matched it with Geelong tonight if the conditions were dry because we would have kicked straighter!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

None of us are happy with the game, particularly being Simons 300th, but given the conditions it could quite easily have been an absolute thrashing....it wasn't.....it was 38pts..

We just have to move on, and hope like hell there isn't another game like it...

Agree it was so hard to watch, you just wanted to get out and help them.

Love the foxtel footage right now. Sans any audio but they're showing Simin getting a presentation. Lynchy, Roosy and Rocket doing a great tribute all the same.
Roosy and Lynchy spoke for all of us when they said Simon gets absolutely no coverage in Melbourne....

We didn't play too bad tonight they still have superior skill than us when they need too in and around the packs in pressure situations. Thought polec and rich were good and rocky was just himself now.

What I will say and said it few weeks ago now is what is banfield's role in the team? He's a small forward who doesn't kick goals. Simple. On a wet slippery night you need guys like that to create thongs up front for you but he doesn't have the skill set to do that. It's time he either moves up the ground or I can't see a spot for him I'm afraid. Lets all be honest here if he didn't have his speed would he have his top 22 spot?

OK Raines vs. Selwood.

First one earlier in the match - he shouldn't get reported, but he definitely may. Selwood's head was almost touching the ground that is how much he ducked - I'm not exaggerating - Raines still got the ball but got a bit of Selwood's head.

Shouldn't really get anything, but he could get anywhere from 0-2 weeks.

Second incident made me laugh. Selwood punches Raines in the face out of the blue - anywhere from 1 to 2 weeks. Raines instinctively cops him a beauty straight on the chin in response - but possibly with a slightly open hand - in all fairness should get less than Selwood given it was an instinctive retaliation. But in the stupid reality that is AFL it is results that matter, not intention - so Raines could get 3 weeks given Selwood went off groggy [which made me giggle - I bet he didn't expect that when he lashed out].

(BTW I have no interest in how the MRP scores are calculated so my suggestions are just based on educated guesses).

Been at a family thing so haven't caught the game. Why was Drummnd subbed off? Surely not another injury already?

No game impact and doubt he had the legs to run out 4 quarters on that bog.

if kicked straighter then it might have been a better match tbh... the stats dont show that we were flogged... this isnt nearly as bad as the carlton match

Dunno....IMO it just reaffirmed where Geelong are at. they look to have lost a yard or two...but they seem to do enough to get the job done... you don't start a marathon by sprinting..

Game to forget and move on. Rocky best for us once again.

Look into the light kids:

mib-memory-eraser.jpg

You can win clearances, I50, contested possies etc but it's more about how you use those stats to your advantage then actually getting them.

I thought tonight some of us (Myself included) were more disappointed that our first 3 quarters happened on Simon's 300th.

10 Touches from Sam Sheldon tonight and he didn't get subbed off, I'm not a fan of him (I know some think he shows a bit) but he really isn't improving,
I think his forward pressure and tackling is fine but he needs to fine more of the footy since he doesn't kick goals.

I'd also like to apologize to Lionshine as well since we got into a little argument, Footy can make us upset some times, more so on an occasion like Simon's 300th. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back