Preview Round 6: The Sydney Swans vs. The Adelaide Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

porps is a definite danger. dangerfield looks to be in ripping form so far this year, someone we should keep an eye on. stick k.jack on him.

pretty confident of our chances in this one. 3-4 goal win i hope.

We should go fine win it in the mid field and we should dominate just like our last 2 games.

Although I didn't watch the derby (will record the replay to see form) going by previous years they are usually very physically demanding games. add on our huge win over the hawks at home, I expect to win by 3+ goals. (on field the game will be tight but I expect us to pile on in the 4th)

Crows have a 10-5 win/loss record at the SCG

crows have 21-10 overall win/loss record vs Sydney

since 2002 there have been 13 matches, crows won 11 of the 13.

The two games the crows lost their missed the finals those years.
Crows recorded six of the eleven wins at the SCG.

On the Taylor walker, I think he has no carry over points so if he gets a one match ban, he could get off with a early guilty plea. For the record I have not seen the incident.

from todays paper;

Adelaide was dealt two serious pre-game injury blows with ace forward Jason Porplyzia (shoulder/back) and key defender Sam Shaw (hamstring) withdrawing with muscle soreness.

On the Taylor walker, I think he has no carry over points so if he gets a one match ban, he could get off with a early guilty plea. For the record I have not seen the incident.

If you haven't seen it how can you comment. It was dangerous !

I'm sorry but I just feel like all streaks or records against the Swans hold little relevance this year. The team just feels.. different. Completely different game plan to Roos.

We've gone into games against Adelaide as favorites and been embarrassed by them many times. Let's not get too cocksure (lol. I like that word)

Really excited about this game! Any of you BF'ers feel like a meet-up? Pre/Post Drinks?

Lyons (debutant) looked like he tweaked a groin so one change there I think.

Van Berlo got a corkie but I'd expect him to come up.

Porplyzia and Shaw were late withdrawals. They were a little coy and secretive on the injuries, especially Porps with his shoulder, so I worry that it's worse than just a one-weeker. Shaw has had a history of back problems so I'd expect them to be cautious and not rush him back.

Lynch most likely in for Walker.

Brodie Martin likely in for Lyons.

Vince, Knights and Douglas are all still a few weeks away.

I worry about our ability to kick a score if Porplyzia and Walker both don't play.

And I hope LRT is fine for next week...when he was on he was doing a great job for us today in my opinion...[/quote]

lrt was not his usual self, throwing himself at packs, desperate second efforts etc... he seemed a bit frigid to me... and as usual his lack of arwareness saw him run down though he did the same to be buddy beforehand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bring Lewis Johnston back!

i'd be interested to hear how johnston is going. is he even pushing for a spot in the crows lineup? has he been playing up forward or down back in the reserves? lynch seems to be well ahead of him. just before he got traded i saw him running down king st towards sydney park. he looked fit as a butcher's dog.

And I hope LRT is fine for next week...when he was on he was doing a great job for us today in my opinion...

lrt was not his usual self, throwing himself at packs, desperate second efforts etc... he seemed a bit frigid to me... and as usual his lack of arwareness saw him run down though he did the same to be buddy beforehand.[/QUOTE]

When a player's running and looking upfield for his next target it's up to his teammates to give him some voice. A couple of Swans almost next to him should have been doing more to protect and inform the ball carrier.

i'd be interested to hear how johnston is going. is he even pushing for a spot in the crows lineup? has he been playing up forward or down back in the reserves? lynch seems to be well ahead of him. just before he got traded i saw him running down king st towards sydney park. he looked fit as a butcher's dog.
The Adeliade Crows do not have reserves

The Adeliade Crows do not have reserves

i know. i just didn't know what club side he played for. i checked out he's stats. seems to be doing ok. nothing spectacular. the little i saw of armstrong when he came on as a sub, combined with his continual lack of first team football, lead me to be a little more at ease with the trade. if lewis ever gets some mongrel he might have a decent afl career. could say the same about everitt i guess. although he's shown more in patches than lewis ever did.

He had a good record, that is what saved him.

Actually, he hasn't been around long enough to have a good record. What saved him is a peculiarity of the MRP system in that a negligent, low impact, high contact rough conduct assessment results in the same number of points (125) as a negligent, low impact, body contact assessment. Combine it with an early plea and no carry over points, and he gets a reprimand.

Johnston is back at his old SANFL club, North Adelaide. A few weeks ago he kicked 4 goals from CHF, but the last two weeks they played him at CHB. It should be noted, SANFL clubs are under no obligation to play their AFL listed players where their AFL clubs want them to be played, and it is a sore point, especially with Glenelg.

Johnston is back at his old SANFL club, North Adelaide. A few weeks ago he kicked 4 goals from CHF, but the last two weeks they played him at CHB. It should be noted, SANFL clubs are under no obligation to play their AFL listed players where their AFL clubs want them to be played, and it is a sore point, especially with Glenelg.

These clubs are independent entities with proud histories. They play the players where they need them the most for their own purposes.

I guess that's one advantage of our reserves team. The comps not the SANFL but we get to ensure we develop our players our way.

Id like to see Armstrong get a crack.. I know someone would be stiff bit still...

he would be a walk up start in Adelaides best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back