Autopsy Round 8: Sydney vs Hawks 3 things you learnt

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lloyd did give off a nice handball for a goal, but he seems a little slow on his reaction. He will learn and get better.

He didn't have a blinder. But something always happens when he is around. If he could keep his feet more, he would be very dangerous.

Yeah he seems to be easily outmuscled, there was a contest on the wing were he was shoved way to easily.

Maybe needs to bulk up more, but then his pace will diminish.

Both youngsters

Both offer more than shaw

Why is Shaw on the outer? He still offers a lot to the side, his kick to find a team mate very late to set up a goal was a beauty.

Plus he is the general down back along with Ted.

also has a nice swans tat on his right ankle in black. I noticed it when he went down, guy loves the swans so much that his collingwood days are just going to be a shitty footnote when he retires.

No Rioli is in a unique world of his own, its not his fault he has skills but they act like he leaps over 20 men, makes miracle kicks from 90 out

Rather than being a pretty skilful player getting 14 touches kicking the odd goal and getting injured a lot
I remember a very skilful kick that had hangtime but still landed in Grundy's arms with no Hawk within 5 metres. I recall a huge leap - straight past the ball. Then there was the handball miss.
He's pretty to watch - but you need more than showponies to win brutally tight games.

1. Hawthorn fans are the biggest bunch of entitled sooks in this or any other universe/dimension. Reading their autopsy thread, there is near-unanimous agreement that they were the better team on the night and only lost through bad kicking. Talk about loving the taste of your own piss.

We were clearly the better side. Hawthorn's night consisted of hacked kicks forward, and the misses they are complaining about were generally set shots from range after an exhausting contest. Our shots were from the goal square or from 10-20m out, because we outplayed their defence. They can bang on about "beating Buddy" all they want. Yeah, good game Frawley, maybe you missed the fact we basically ignored Buddy as a target all night and used other targets instead. You didn't beat Buddy, he was a decoy, numbnuts.

They were out-worked, out-played and out-coached. And a bunch of then squibbed the hard stuff. Q1, Jack and Burgoyne are coming on opposite directions for a loose ball, and Burgoyne couldn't s**t himself fast enough. Birchall and Suckling too... slightest hint of contact and they're running for the sidelines and hacking the ball in any direction in the hope the nasty Swans men will go away. Pathetic squibs.

2. See 1.

3. See 2.

Very harsh - but brilliantly fair! Absoutely spot on.
Department of Education should take this first quarter video around to all schools and say "this is how you deal with bullies".

Why is Shaw on the outer? He still offers a lot to the side, his kick to find a team mate very late to set up a goal was a beauty.

Plus he is the general down back along with Ted.

also has a nice swans tat on his right ankle in black. I noticed it when he went down, guy loves the swans so much that his collingwood days are just going to be a shitty footnote when he retires.

Bruest kicks straight shaw would be copping it

Bruest kicks straight shaw would be copping it

If my aunty had bollocks, she would be my uncle.

Players under pressure stuff up.
If the kicks were 20-30 metres out, a different story. But Swans rarely let Hawks get straightforward close kicks. Gunston and others were kicking from the fifty.
Give them no credit. Our defence pressured them - they choked. Shaw was part of that. Loved it.

If the kicks were 20-30 metres out, a different story. But Swans rarely let Hawks get straightforward close kicks. Gunston and others were kicking from the fifty.
Give them no credit. Our defence pressured them - they choked. Shaw was part of that. Loved it.

Im with you. I am over this narrative that the hawks lost it and we arsed it. We won that fair and square, like we won 2012. If the hawks kick poorly, well thats there issue not ours and all we can take away from it is we pressured them into mistakes.

We should be proud the way they came out and bullied the bulles. I would imagine how shitty this board might have got if we didnt, yet there are some who are trying to pass this notion that we were lucky.

No we wernt, we won because the swans wanted it more and they played the way we know how they can play through controlled aggression and fierce tackling. The hawks arrogance caught up with them.

Lol yep it didnt happen that way true, but i bet people would be whinging more

On the night he was largely absent or average

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im with you. I am over this narrative that the hawks lost it and we arsed it. We won that fair and square, like we won 2012. If the hawks kick poorly, well thats there issue not ours and all we can take away from it is we pressured them into mistakes.

We should be proud the way they came out and bullied the bulles. I would imagine how shitty this board might have got if we didnt, yet there are some who are trying to pass this notion that we were lucky.

No we wernt, we won because the swans wanted it more and they played the way we know how they can play through controlled aggression and fierce tackling. The hawks arrogance caught up with them.

Poor goal kicking is no different to our poor turnovers v the dogs they got at least 6 or more goals from, its just a result of poor execution under pressure,

Hawks were rushed, panicked and did not perform

I was proud regardless of the result, because i felt we set the pace and controlled the game

Hawks fans can delude themselves otherwise if it brings them comfort, perhaps their players do as well and thats why they are 4-4

There is an arrogance about the side, they did not like a team daring to challenge them, meant to bow down to the gold afl logo

Our boys did a lot to regain trust of their fans this week, feeling better about the year, just from one effort

I liked how Parker ignored that little thug Mitchell when he was trying to troll him with the ball. hahah if that was me I think i would have grabed the ball of him and them hand balled directly into his face and laughed at him as he went down.

I also loved the way hanners ran over gave a little push for sammy so to try and fake a fall and the ups told to get up and hanners in such a smug manner just walked off.

They were pumped for sure.

They will come out breathing fire in the next game. Clarko will shown them this while grinning:

22 seconds in..and its similar to a few of the king hits from behind from a few weeks ago..

I wonder where lewis and hodge get their ideas from eh..

They will come out breathing fire in the next game. Clarko will shown them this while grinning:

22 seconds in..and its similar to a few of the king hits from behind from a few weeks ago..

I wonder where lewis and hodge get their ideas from eh..

In a Grand Final they might bring the biff, but judging by Saturday they will lose the fight again. They were scared of Parker and Kennedy, so they targeted Jetta and the kids. Soft. Thugs.

I liked how Parker ignored that little thug Mitchell when he was trying to troll him with the ball. hahah if that was me I think i would have grabed the ball of him and them hand balled directly into his face and laughed at him as he went down.

I also loved the way hanners ran over gave a little push for sammy so to try and fake a fall and the ups told to get up and hanners in such a smug manner just walked off.

They were pumped for sure.
Mitchell isn't a thug, he's a big headed rat

Them

1. Excuses, excuses from Clarko. Basically, mate, you were outcoached and outplayed
2. Lake's re-injury a worry for them
3. Fine for Mitchell for being a thug

Horse and the boys

1a. Fewer inside 50s but took our chances
2a. Smashed in clearances but physically our mids put on pressure
3a. Rebound footy just like 2012. Our defence deserve most of the praise. All of them solid.

Just watching the replay of Riolis superhuman no one else could possibly do genius tackle on tippett, surprised he didnt get sighted for chicken winging him

How come rioli can tackle everyone by the arm pulling it back

I hate the way he does that. That much force cannot be good for the joints. One day the guy will rip someones arm out. Terrible way to tackle..should be outlawed.

Hawks losing threads are comedy gold i couldnt resist a look today.

Tedeski being told to get back to the shithole he lives in and replying he lived in hawthorn was my highlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back