Autopsy Round 8: Sydney vs Hawks 3 things you learnt

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Them

1. Excuses, excuses from Clarko. Basically, mate, you were outcoached and outplayed
2. Lake's re-injury a worry for them
3. Fine for Mitchell for being a thug

Horse and the boys

1a. Fewer inside 50s but took our chances
2a. Smashed in clearances but physically our mids put on pressure
3a. Rebound footy just like 2012. Our defence deserve most of the praise. All of them solid.
Well said bungee

I totally respect their team but god damn what the hell is with their supporter base they are very very few Hawthorn supporters that are actually reasonable.

I don't know how they keep a grudge for so long you would think winning last year and smashing us was enough.

Theres a few who are ok

Actually if you just get them talking footy usually on neutral sides they are quite good on big footy

Hawks losing threads are comedy gold i couldnt resist a look today.

Tedeski being told to get back to the shithole he lives in and replying he lived in hawthorn was my highlight
Link please, ******* gold

Its amazing how entitled some of those hawk fans feel in destroying someones character they have no idea about. I keep reading and hearing the same sort of person say that Goodsey is a massive flog, whatever that means, when Goodesy is the last person in the AFL who has a massive ego and who is a s**t person.

How some of them can pass such nasty judgements on a person they have no idea about and then proceed to make horrible assumptions, is baffling me.

Why isnt the same kind of hate directed at footballers who are actually s**t blokes. Brian Lake from all reports is a terrible guy, he was accused of taunting a player with depression issues, he is a sniper and yet nothing. When Will Minson was playing hardly got boo'd and he has said some down and out horrible things to players on the field...and nothing. There are more examples as well.

Goodes does so much work for charity, is articulate in the manner he carries himself, is intelligent..oh i answered my own question. I forgot i live in a country where we worship scumbags and tear down intellectuals and thrive in being stupid. We also hate academics and piss on people who stand up for themselves.
Bogans eh.

Just had a read of the Hawthorn thread. It makes for very entertaining reading. Of all things they aren't happy with the umpiring;
- I have no doubt in my mind we would have won that game with some fair umpiring. It was abysmal.
- If that arsey advantage on that non-free in front of goal wasn't paid, we win the game, end of.
- Bad kicking and bad umpiring. Probably could have been 3 or 4 goals in it.
- maggotting appalling but our kicking was worse.
They were from the first page only. These people clearly know nothing about the games rules.

Last edited:
Guys, as amusing as the Hawks board after a loss may be, can we please keep the comments about moderator issues off the boards. They have every right to run their board how they see fit, whether you like it or not. If the shoe was on the other foot, I can guarantee you that their posters would be copping the same treatment on here. If we spot any whinging about moderation, we'll just start deleting posts. Thanks.

robbieando Bonz

- I have no doubt in my mind we would have won that game with some fair umpiring. It was abysmal.
- If that arsey advantage on that non-free in front of goal wasn't paid, we win the game, end of.

I actually watched the 3rd qrt with sound down as it was annoying me so much. Made for a good change BUT then with the amount of betting ads after goals and on the LED signage and the amount of dubious free kicks to the hawks and lots of money on the hawks by punters it made me think that this code is seriously compromised with how much betting there is. Was not a good look tbh.

We can thank the former boss for it, the guy is a massive gambler. Before smart phones (a decade ago) you could find ANdy D most weekends betting on the horses at the TAB in hawthorn. The guy basically sold the code out to gambling firms because he has a gambling addiction.

Guys, as amusing as the Hawks board after a loss may be, can we please keep the comments about moderator issues off the boards. They have every right to run their board how they see fit, whether you like it or not. If the shoe was on the other foot, I can guarantee you that their posters would be copping the same treatment on here. If we spot any whinging about moderation, we'll just start deleting posts. Thanks.

robbieando Bonz

Fair enough. :)

I'm sure that most of those boos weren't because they were racist. More so because so many Hawkes supporters have such a low moral compass that they'd prefer to insult a champion of the game just so that they might put him off his game ever so slightly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure that most of those boos weren't because they were racist. More so because so many Hawkes supporters have such a low moral compass that they'd prefer to insult a champion of the game just so that they might put him off his game ever so slightly.

I would like to think that, i really do, but i just cant. Now i am not saying all of them were doing it becasue of 2013 but i am sure there was a mid % of them doing it for that reason.

He upset a lot of people that night when they should have been compassionate towards him.

I dislike many champions who have torn us a new one but i would never use so much energy booing him. I would prob call him a c under my breath if that champion player kicked a goal but thats about it.

I would like to think that, i really do, but i just cant. Now i am not saying all of them were doing it becasue of 2013 but i am sure there was a mid % of them doing it for that reason.

He upset a lot of people that night when they should have been compassionate towards him.

I dislike many champions who have torn us a new one but i would never use so much energy booing him. I would prob call him a c under my breath if that champion player kicked a goal but thats about it.
You'll be happy to hear Carro on Footy Classified went off at all the Hawks supporters who booed him and said "whoever says it's because he dives is kidding themselves

The coaches always see it differently, they are the ones who are actually paid for their knowledge of the game.

the talking heads and pundits are there to fill space and talk s**t. Cyril was good, but not BOG tbh which was what some pundits gave him.

Was as sick as a dog today so I took today off, watched the game on replay. Already listed most of my thoughts.

However I must add, it is amazing since we have moved Bird to play Tom Mitchell just how much more of a unit our midfielders look. Plus I thought on replay Shaw was better than I thought live, although I still would 'rest' him this week.

Yer watching the replay again now Pyke looked absolutely cooked not sure if he is carrying a injury but he couldn't compete with Ceglar around the ball and ground which contributed to our clearance issues.

Pyke has had a really good season so far but on the weekend his game was poor but understandable if he is carrying a injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back