Game Day Round 8 vs GWS @ Spotless

Remove this Banner Ad

Its so hypocritical though!

Everyone has a go at Craig for being too stubborn, won't change when needed

Then everyone has ago at Sando for not changing quick enough.

Then PW has a belief, figures he needs to change it for the benefit of the team. Tries something else and gets called out for something that really is quite petty at the end of the day all because he has made a change and is not stuck in his ways.....

Can't win!

I think a few are just upset that Lyons is the sub again. But lets face it, he's not taken his chances when he has got a full game like the others in his position have....yet

I feel a little disappointed for Lyons, can see him requesting that trade at the end of the season now
It was his decision and his alone to stay when the Demons were sniffing around 2 years ago. Lyons to get more game time needs to make far more impact when he is on there, it's not just about stats, he always gives me the impression he's coasting which for a player that wants to become best 22 regularly is not good enough. Let's face it he failed to really impress Sando and the evidence thus far under Walsh suggests the same.

Last thing we need is a coach who doesn't do something because he once in a post-game interview he sort of said he wouldn't do it.

We need a coach who does what he thinks is best for the team each week, regardless of "principles"

Geez, if football. Principles? Please. The principle is win the fricken game. If you think Lyons shouldn't be sub, then argue that, not argue, oh no, Walsh has gone back on his word (if you ignore Lyons played 3 quarters)

We don't need a dumb coach.

and you don't think the things he says and does won't impact on how quickly some supporters (especially some on this board) will turn on him?

Win the ******* game and say as little as you only need to.

Him saying those things just opens a can of worms.

Like when Sando said Matt Crouch was going to be sub even before we were eliminated from final 8 contention, so the decision had been made.......
Sando seemed to be forever stuck to his principles. Though if Walsh comes out and says, "Actually ground ball is not all that important", Ill start thinking that maybe he is just making it up as he goes along!

and you don't think the things he says and does won't impact on how quickly some supporters (especially some on this board) will turn on him?

the only question that remains will be if he get sacked after two or three years

Cmon Alex. If he starts going back on his word regularly and the results aren't there people will question. But this is a small thing and if it's the choice of doing what's best for the team and playing Lyons as the sub two weeks in a row then I know what I'd prefer.

I could not give one damn about what supporters think. Turn on him? The supporters will turn on him if we stop winning. They won't turn on him for playing Lyons 2 weeks in a row as sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was his decision and his alone to stay when the Demons were sniffing around 2 years ago. Lyons to get more game time needs to make far more impact when he is on there, it's not just about stats, he always gives me the impression he's coasting which for a player that wants to become best 22 regularly is not good enough. Let's face it he failed to really impress Sando and the evidence thus far under Walsh suggests the same.

I'm not saying that it wasn't, and him being the sub is probably justified, it's just disppointing to see, he stuck with us and so far it hasn't come off for him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back