Game Day Round 8 vs GWS @ Spotless

Remove this Banner Ad

On the radio they were saying VB playing good to half time and in our top three possession gatherers. Go figure. I believe what you are saying to be honest as well.

I have never criticised VB on here before but it was very noticeable to me that every time he got the ball he panicked and did not use best option or dispose effectively. Dropped mark just before which every quarter time siren it was was a shocker ... after that he just looked to dish off the easy handball and "make it someone else's problem".

Bit hard for all our midfielders to shine when our rucks are getting monstered by Mumford...he is one mean mother!!
They showed some stats. Sauce 21 possessions and 20 odd hit outs to Mumford 7 possessions and 40 odd hitouts. Hit outs to advantage were 10 to 17 in GWS favour. There is effectiveness in just Rucking and not gathering disposals.

just got home from the game, my key takeaways

1. our starts are a concern and our midfield need to own turning this issue around
2. we tried to win today with grunt however I left the game with no doubtthat if Smith, B Crouch, Sloane and Douglas played today we would have won the game
3. be patient with our defence, I am a big believer that the back 6-7 wins you premierships, Talia is proven, Lever will be a beauty while Brown, Kelly and Laird a competitive monsters, we just need to add a KPD and find another run and carry player, if not Smith should go back to HB
4. VB 's ball handling is woeful and add his low possession count he is giving nothing to this side, Wright I am confused with his role, surely if you play forward there is an expectation that you hit the scoreboard.... Defenders defend, Forwards score..... selection of both players is impacting team development

my main concern for the defence is the size. we can't keep playing cheney as a key back, he battles hard but when you're not strong enough or big enough, there's nothing you can do. hartigan having a horror month just hurts us so much

I have never criticised VB on here before but it was very noticeable to me that every time he got the ball he panicked and did not use best option or dispose effectively. Dropped mark just before which every quarter time siren it was was a shocker ... after that he just looked to dish off the easy handball and "make it someone else's problem".
Dale Lewis definitely talked him up to half time on the radio saying he's playing better than recently. But yeah, like I said, I also take stock of what someone says who was at the game.

It has probably been said but I can't be bothered reading back through as I missed the game, IQ'd it and just finished watching .....

I thought Dangerfield and Walker were both very good today and both showed great leadership. Dangerfield kicked surprisingly well, maybe running off halfback can be a good position for him. It's when he is running full pelt towards the forward line he seems to completely shank them.

Highlight for me was that Eddie Betts goal from his adopted pocket for the day, what a cracker!

Bit hard for all our midfielders to shine when our rucks are getting monstered by Mumford...he is one mean mother!!
Agree bicks mumford was dominant and won them the game. Swap rucks and the result may of been reversed.

All good for Jacob's to win ball around the ground but too many times he coughs up goals or can't spoil the long ball to the square. For some reason he frustrates me most in our losses.

Agree bicks mumford was dominant and won them the game. Swap rucks and the result may of been reversed.

All good for Jacob's to win ball around the ground but too many times he coughs up goals or can't spoil the long ball to the square. For some reason he frustrates me most in our losses.
The Buuldogs have somehow been able to turn losing the hitouts to a positive. Our mids read Mumfords ruck work quite badly.

Mumford also smashed players during contests. He is a Unit. Sauce can't be like him so has to be damaging in other ways. Today the big, heavy ruck With less disposal but more taps to advantage was more effective.

just got home from the game, my key takeaways

1. our starts are a concern and our midfield need to own turning this issue around
2. we tried to win today with grunt however I left the game with no doubtthat if Smith, B Crouch, Sloane and Douglas played today we would have won the game
3. be patient with our defence, I am a big believer that the back 6-7 wins you premierships, Talia is proven, Lever will be a beauty while Brown, Kelly and Laird a competitive monsters, we just need to add a KPD and find another run and carry player, if not Smith should go back to HB
4. VB 's ball handling is woeful and add his low possession count he is giving nothing to this side, Wright I am confused with his role, surely if you play forward there is an expectation that you hit the scoreboard.... Defenders defend, Forwards score..... selection of both players is impacting team development
Have to totally agree. If we didn't have do many injuries... pretty sure the result would be different. We were controlling the match but lairde went down after kerridge did his ankle and it was all over.

The other thing which annoyed me somewhat was our forward entry in the last qtr. Also vb looks really lost out there. He seems to have lost some pace and we could not match their midfield speed. We really missed sloan and smith.

The other thing which annoyed me somewhat was our forward entry in the last qtr.

Yes, there were about 3 kicks in the last quarter that were bombed deep into our forward 50m when we had nobody there and GWS had a spare back there. That is just dumb football. If we were more patient early in the last we may have still been a silly chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, there were about 3 kicks in the last quarter that were bombed deep into our forward 50m when we had nobody there and GWS had a spare back there. That is just dumb football. If we were more patient early in the last we may have still been a silly chance.
The jenkins one really stuck on mind. . I was sitting along the boundary line. .. thought he could have run further and just had a shot but just kicked it to nobody .. also i think that walker was actually going for a goal but didn't connect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back