Round ball code talk

Remove this Banner Ad

I've heard the same, from Liverpool supporters.

"Nothing like a footy game"

So obsessed
Sorry for you it turned out that way, if you are upset it turned out that way that is. If it makes you feel any better it would probably be the same for any touring team playing in an exhibition match.

Sorry for you it turned out that way, if you are upset it turned out that way that is. If it makes you feel any better it would probably be the same for any touring team playing in an exhibition match.
I don't live in Adelaide.

You've made like 3 posts about this... Do you support Liverpool or something? Can't stop talking about them. I don't blame you though :)

You've made like 3 posts about this... Do you support Liverpool or something? Can't stop talking about them. I don't blame you though :)
Sorry for posting on topic on a football thread. I see how you got your mod stripes. On top of everything.

Posts like this are why it would have been a great idea to build a big wall around Adelaide Oval during last night's game to contain the scourge.

Josep Gombau quits Adelaide United

http://www.sportsfan.com.au/gombau-...bau-to-depart-adelaide-united--reports_240715

Adelaide United have split with coach Josep Gombau and appointed Barcelona legend Guillermo Amor as his successor.

Gombau had two years remaining on his A-League contract with Adelaide but has been released on compassionate grounds as he seeks a move closer to his family.

The Spaniard is set to start his own private youth academy in New York City.

"It was a very hard decision, one that I thought about a lot and one that's probably the hardest decision I've had to make in my life, but for family reasons I need to leave," said Gombau.

"The last two years at the club has been such an amazing time, one I will always cherish.

"Together, as a club, we developed a brand and style of football that the people enjoy, along with a trophy for the club, and with that I am satisfied."

http://www.sportsfan.com.au/gombau-quits-as-adelaide-united-coach/tabid/91/newsid/170358/default.aspx?cid=BP_LINKLIST_sportsfan_1_-gombau-to-depart-adelaide-united--reports_240715

Sorry to see Gombau go, he was doing good work at United.

Amor is a star player at the highest level and was a coup getting him here as technical director. Should be able to carry on Gombau's work more than adequately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aleksander Mitrovic sent off after 15 minutes for Newcastle v Arsenal at SJP.

Arsenal 75% of play, 18 shots to 1. Lead 1-0 after 80 minutes. Newcastle another 5 yellow cards.

Turned the Australia v Bangladesh 2018 World Cup qualifier on after 29.45 and the score was 4-0 to Australia.
Disappointing they only won 5-0 but the Bangers did park the bus after that 4th goal.

Disappointing they only won 5-0 but the Bangers did park the bus after that 4th goal.
Could have easily been more. There were at least 2 posters that I saw, one an inside poster. There was a free header that brought out a good save but should have been put out of the goalies' reach and there were two scooped over the bar from close range; although that may have been because they were just out of reach.
But a bit of luck and it could have been 10.
The parking bit was true, though. A standard pitch is around 90m and Bangladesh were very rarely within 50m of their goal. The ball may have been over the halfway line sometimes but more often than not that was just because Australia was passing it to a player who was in their own half to start another attack. Towards the end of the game one of the comments being made was how many times the Aussie goalkeeper had touched the ball.

Pretty boring first 35 minutes in Dushanbe Tajikistan for Socceroo viewing tonight. If you are watching in delay on SBS you can go make a cup or tea during this period.

Just got back from the Maracanã, where I watched my team Flamengo beat Cruzeiro by 2-0 and climb up to 4th position. We've now won 5 games in a row... just last month we were supposedly in crisis, around the 15th position! It was awesome. Goals below if anyone's interested.

Just got back from the Maracanã, where I watched my team Flamengo beat Cruzeiro by 2-0 and climb up to 4th position. We've now won 5 games in a row... just last month we were supposedly in crisis, around the 15th position! It was awesome. Goals below if anyone's interested.

Blooter! When did Stevie G sign for Flamengo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back