News Rucci: Travis Boak may or may not renew contract at Port Adelaide (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah the sheep would have (are having) a field day regardless of if Primus left this week or the option for a third year was accepted.

I'd piss myself if you stitched Geelong up as payback and traded him to us after all this comotion.(with due compensation of course)

If any players walk out because of what has happened with you guys over the last few days you should be blaming your own board. Can't work out what possible gains there are in getting rid of the coach with 4 weeks to go and appointing an interim who won't be applying for the senior job. The way it was handle was disgraceful and the board should be putting their hands up if things get worse and resign rather than sacking coaches.

Whats there to be gained....If the board didn't think Primus is the right man for the job, well they now have plenty of time to search for a new candidate and have a plan in place when it comes to the list, be well prepared when trade week arrives......they did the right thing.

Lolle.

If losing Boak is a side effect of the change that is hopefully happening at our club, I'll be a bit miffed, but it absolutely has to be done.

If he leaves when the clubs making massive changes to his benefit then what can you do really. Geelong may look great now but when they were missing their senior guys (and not even all of them) they were very ordinary this season and was a big taste of the drop to come, I see it he can either stay here or go there and enjoy the downward spiral again where we've already been through it here. It doesn't make sense to me to go to a team about to plunge off a cliff but maybe it's just me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if Boak ends up leaving because of Primus' sacking then i see that as acceptable collateral damage

It also shows me that Boak isnt the type of person i want at our club

This change in coach, president, and whatever else comes out in the wash is 100% needed and necessary for our club to survive then i can handle losing Boak, and anyone else who wants to jump ship

Those that do jump ship are part of the reason we are up s**t creek and we are better off without them

so you think north melbourne will finish higher than geelong ?? and they haven't activated their compo pick have they so it cant be used this year

Sorry, you're right.......the compensation pick comes at the end of the first round.....so effectively Geelong has two first round draft picks this year.

If he leaves when the clubs making massive changes to his benefit then what can you do really. Geelong may look great now but when they were missing their senior guys (and not even all of them) they were very ordinary this season and was a big taste of the drop to come, I see it he can either stay here or go there and enjoy the downward spiral again where we've already been through it here. It doesn't make sense to me to go to a team about to plunge off a cliff but maybe it's just me.

I hope Boak stays with Port during these tough times for your club, but I just have to clear something up, Geelong are not on a downward spiral and about to plunge of a cliff, almost half our side last Friday night were kids who are the future of our club and we defeated the team many say are 'unbeatable' in Hawthorn.

Geelong has a good future ahead of them and I hope Port do as well, you guys will bounce back, never good seeing another club go through tough times like this.

Gee the Geelong board is a laugh. We either have to sell him for a packet of chips because he wants to go there or else we're just acting unprofessionally. :rolleyes:

That was my post you've probably read, didn't mean it that way, meant it as in Port will 'most likely' want more for Boak then what we should actually give, I just hope that if Boak really decides he wants to play for Geelong that a deal can be struck and that neither party is being unprofessional through it.

That was my post you've probably read, didn't mean it that way, meant it as in Port will 'most likely' want more for Boak then what we should actually give, I just hope that if Boak really decides he wants to play for Geelong that a deal can be struck and that neither party is being unprofessional through it.
Yeah I get what you're saying, I'm sure all clubs usually ask overs for any player in trade week, especially for a player of Boak's calibre. Realistically though he is near enough to our best player so I would hope we are either asking for both your first rounders or one first rounder and a good, solid player. I don't believe that is too unreasonable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back