Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt it. Only gotta finish above Saints, GWS, Melbourne and one other team to equal where it's presumed we'll finish. Best thing about finishing so low... the only way is up!

Finishing below GWS next year is a big possibility. I just have massive concerns over our KPF forward stocks. Henderson, Casboult and Matthew Watson. :(

MS3 Trade Scenario

Carlton

#5, Levi Casboult and Jeff Garlett
for
Tom Boyd

St Kilda
for
#5 and Levi Casboult

GWS
Tom Boyd
for
#1 and Jeff Garlett

Honestly, although the scenario is as realistic as you'd get on this board I still doubt it would get done.

The major concern is St Kilda... they're losing their chance at a KPF for a downgrade to 5 and Levi Casboult. Although to us it sounds fair, I just doubt they'd do it.

It's basically like Richmond saying "Hey, we'll give you Pick 15 and Griffiths for Pick 5".

If Boyd opts to leave and signals his intentions to GWS I've got no doubts that what GWS are receiving in this scenario is suffice. The sticking point is clearly St Kilda.

If Sam Reid is available what would it take to get him AND Mitchell in a deal.

Reid + Mitchell = Pick 5 + ?????

Load up on your offer, they won't be letting those two go cheap, especially Reid. They rate him highly and he is a commodity in the league a handful of other clubs are also after (Dogs, Saints & Dockers).

Reckon it would have to be someone we would prefer not to lose actually. Be awesome if they said 'give us Robinson or Warnock' but it'd have to be someone further up the line (eg. Walker, Kreuzer or Yarran) to make it happen.

Honestly, although the scenario is as realistic as you'd get on this board I still doubt it would get done.
The major concern is St Kilda... they're losing their chance at a KPF for a downgrade to 5 and Levi Casboult. Although to us it sounds fair, I just doubt they'd do it.

It's basically like Richmond saying "Hey, we'll give you Pick 15 and Griffiths for Pick 5".

If Boyd opts to leave and signals his intentions to GWS I've got no doubts that what GWS are receiving in this scenario is suffice. The sticking point is clearly St Kilda.

Casboult has done more than Griffiths to date as is only a year older anyway. Think we're doing that thing again..............:)

We don't really know what St.Kilda want.............we presume we know but we don't know and it's still somewhat early as to know which player may fall where in the draft.

It may just work out that St.Kilda get Casboult for nothing. It's possible.

Casboult has done more than Griffiths to date as is only a year older anyway. Think we're doing that thing again..............:)

We don't really know what St.Kilda want.............we presume we know but we don't know and it's still somewhat early as to know which player may fall where in the draft.

It may just work out that St.Kilda get Casboult for nothing. It's possible.
Ah yeh I getcha.

He can be A forward without being THE forward. From what I've read, I'm not sure who is actually arguing he will somehow magically evolve into Boyd MkII come the beginning of 2015. I'd be happy for Earl Spalding MkII.
I have said this in the past... Levi is a Spalding type CHF. He can pinch hit in the ruck and roam around the ground making it tricky for the opposition to match up on him. If he can hit the scoreboard with a goal or two a week, then that would be a win.

He isnt a full time forward really (I have come to accept this from the days when I thought he would be the next coming of Sticks) and accepted that he would be the next coming of the Duke.

This GWS/Saints deal may be a starting point but it won't be what eventuates. A few variables to consider... Dees might get a first round pick for Frawley (and God forbid a priority pick :mad:) pushing us to pick 7/8, which would put any current deal in serious jeopardy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This GWS/Saints deal may be a starting point but it won't be what eventuates. A few variables to consider... Dees might get a first round pick for Frawley (and God forbid a priority pick :mad:) pushing us to pick 7/8, which would put any current deal in serious jeopardy.
I would suspect the Dogs will go past us this week. We are riddled with injuries and will likely lose. The Dogs have GWS. Even if Boyd doesnt eventuate, we would then have pick 4! Worst case scenario pick #6 (highly unlikely we go past pick 5). We are going to get a very good KPF at pick 4 who is only going to be 1 year behind Boyd as we wait for them to develop. The club will seek a ready made KPF in the meantime to replace Waite which we have 1 year to do, or maybe 2 depending on his form next year.

I would suspect the Dogs will go past us this week. We are riddled with injuries and will likely lose. The Dogs have GWS. Even if Boyd doesnt eventuate, we would then have pick 4! Worst case scenario pick #6 (highly unlikely we go past pick 5). We are going to get a very good KPF at pick 4 who is only going to be 1 year behind Boyd as we wait for them to develop. The club will seek a ready made KPF in the meantime to replace Waite which we have 1 year to do, or maybe 2 depending on his form next year.

Need Lions to beat the Cats to get pick #4. We should get pick #5, though. Pies are going to get Moore under the F/S rule and McCartin looks like he'll go to the Saints or Dees before our pick. I'd probably prefer to trade for a proven key forward than pick the 3rd best in this year's draft TBH.

Dont see how we get pick 4. Saints, Melbourne, GWS, Lions at 4, then us at 5 if the dogs go past us

I'm with Etsy. Levi is a good mark and does the job pinch hitting in the ruck. But he has kicked less than one goal a game over his career, this year included. And he is closing in on 25. This is not a kid, he is prime age for KPs.

Don't mind him getting cut slack but you have to recognise that he gets cut a lot of it. He is no spud but he is no Carey either.

Watson's weight was apparently a mental issue. Well, at least the testers said 'it's all in your head'....
slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

He can be A forward without being THE forward. From what I've read, I'm not sure who is actually arguing he will somehow magically evolve into Boyd MkII come the beginning of 2015. I'd be happy for Earl Spalding MkII.
Earl sat in front of Sticks. Our best KPF ever.

Casboult doesn't have that luxury, so we might need our 2nd tall to be a bit better than Earl, which Cas ain't anywhere near atm.

Need Lions to beat the Cats to get pick #4. We should get pick #5, though. Pies are going to get Moore under the F/S rule and McCartin looks like he'll go to the Saints or Dees before our pick. I'd probably prefer to trade for a proven key forward than pick the 3rd best in this year's draft TBH.
Yeah my bad, pick 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back