Ryan Crowley

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes but the efficacy of such a program 3-5 months prior to the start of the season is zero. That is my point. Anything that is going to last long enough to be effective is also going to show up in tests. Here is the top of the list you sent:
I agree, off-season juicing wouldn't do much for you on Game Day, but wouldn't it allow for a better pre-season?

E.g. Juice Oct-Nov, start pre-season stronger etc, have a better pre-season than you otherwise would have & be better set up for the season? In a round-about way, wouldn't it be a pretty handy positive?

I agree, off-season juicing wouldn't do much for you on Game Day, but wouldn't it allow for a better pre-season?

E.g. Juice Oct-Nov, start pre-season stronger etc, have a better pre-season than you otherwise would have & be better set up for the season? In a round-about way, wouldn't it be a pretty handy positive?
Possibly but we saw the outcome of the essendon program - soft tissue injuries.

I agree, off-season juicing wouldn't do much for you on Game Day, but wouldn't it allow for a better pre-season?....
When Justin Charles got busted he claimed he only started taking PEDs to overcome chronic injury. So there would be some value in off season juicing.

Mitch will be stoked. makes playing them in a final a lot less daunting knowing that mitch can just rack up the numbers.

Losing him certainly takes them out of top four contention for mine. They wouldn't want to lose Mundy or Fyfe for a period of times now as well.

Losing him certainly takes them out of top four contention for mine. They wouldn't want to lose Mundy or Fyfe for a period of times now as well.
I would go as far as to say that if Fyfe misses more than 3 games, they barely make the 8.

I would go as far as to say that if Fyfe misses more than 3 games, they barely make the 8.

Not sure I agree. Ross will ask someone else to play that role. Won't do it AS effectively, but, should probably get a decent result. Remember clinton jones. Ross Lyon, love him or hate, gets the best out of s**t players. People forget how injury prone their season was last year. No Johnson or Mcpharlin for finals. No walters throughout the year. Fyfe missed a fair bunch with suspension, etc. Freo, despite the loss of crowley, could still be very strong this year.

That said, I fear them less now that their best stopper is gone. People always love to point out how well held mitch has been in granny's. Well, he has had the misfortune of having to play on the two best taggers since libba. When he hasn't had an elite tagger (oxymoron?), he dominates. I still fear them less as it means mitch is more likely to set the game up for us.

Not just back pain. I was once prescribed steroids for acute gut pain. Worked a treat.

..... and 3 days later I won a body-building contest. Just kidding, but the steroids really did work on the gut pain.

The term steroid is just an umbrella term for a group of chemicals. Anabolic steroids are what people take to grow muscle etc. The steroids that you get for gout have the opposite effect and actually cause muscle breakdown. The last thing you would want to take if you were an athlete.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back