Sando sacked - confirmed **** crows only ****

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So it appears we didn't have anyone else in mind. Even with Roo we're abit of a basket case aren't we.

But you don't hang on to the wrong person because there's no one obvious on the immediate horizon? We are first cab off the rank this season, for surely there will be others.

AFL Draft, Trade, Free Agency, List and General News
59 minutes ago
It's been revealed that the Adelaide Leadership group were a main reason behind Brenton Sanderson's sacking.

The leadership approached the Adelaide board shortly after the best and fairest, and voiced concern about the clubs direction, in particularly under Sanderson.

It's understood that Patrick Dangerfield's opinion was strongly taken into consideration, with thoughts the 2015 restricted free agent had sourced offers via his management about a move to a Victorian club either in this trade period, or via free agency next year.

With the Crows keen to extend Dangerfield's contract beyond next year, the removal of Sanderson as coach is said to be a "step in the right direction" to Dangerfield remaining at West Lakes.

It's been revealed and It's understood and is said, in journo parlance means 'I'm guessing' , 'It's prolly' and 'unsubstantiated supposition'. So the players gave honest feed back to the performance review at the end of season!

It's been revealed and It's understood and is said, in journo parlance means 'I'm guessing' , 'It's prolly' and 'unsubstantiated supposition'. So the players gave honest feed back to the performance review at the end of season!
Hmm - if, IF, there is any substance to that, the next coach would want to check the employment pages anytime he gets a ringing endorsement from Danger.

Kiss of death for both Craig and Sando

I just re-listened to the Fagan announcement video on AFC.com.au, and when asked if he thinks personnel changes are needed, he said "Look it's way to early for me to say".

heh.....heh......heh.....nervous giggle.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been reading all the posts since the rumo82 pages so far and most seem to think that the only coaches available are inexperienced coaches such as Goodwin, Dew or Bassett. Wasn't Ken Hinkley an inexperienced senior coach and look what he has done with Port. Goodwin and Bassett are former Crows, so maybe to get away from the "Boys Club"that everyone keeps talking about, why not Dew if no other candidates stick their hands up. Dew has had a very good coaching grounding with Sydney and is thought very highly by Roos. Was offered the Melbourne succession job but declined wanting more experience, what better experience than assistant coach at a club like Sydney and being exposed to the culture they and their players must strictly adhere to.

I don't know if Dew is a decent candidate or not, but I'm very wary of guys highly rated by Roos. Damien Drum was highly rated by him.

Mark Neeld was highly rated at Collingwood.

Not saying that he is a dud, I just don't place too much weight on the say so of senior coaches.

Let me say that if this club is even cursorily considering someone like Dew then the whole club is totally fxxxxx and I'm getting off at the next station. The guy has nowhere near the required stature/presentation for an AFL coach. Can I implore posters to stop splintering my mind with this talk of Dew! PULEASE!:straining:
Then can I ask who you would like? Be real - Clarkson is a no, Lyon is a no, Hinkley is a no, the Scott brothers are nos, Voss, Primus and Harvey are all failed coaches... and can I remind you that Hinkley did not have stature or presentation as an AFL Coach in 2012...

And where is the discussion about the appropriateness of the so-called "player revolt"?

I am not sure how I feel about a player-led sacking of our Head Coach. Mixed feelings IMO.

Will need to get further info on this but it is certainly a pivotal moment in the history of the club.

I don't know if Dew is a decent candidate or not, but I'm very wary of guys highly rated by Roos. Damien Drum was highly rated by him.

Mark Neeld was highly rated at Collingwood.

Not saying that he is a dud, I just don't place too much weight on the say so of senior coaches.
Sanderson was highly rated too.

He is a great guy. It's unfortunate that being a good guy alone doesn't get you flags. I felt gutted for him yesterday, but after sleeping on it for a night I feel much better about the decision.

Roo's chat on it on MMM made it sound like they're not making the wrong decision. He defended that they're not going to hire Goodwin UNLESS he is the best man for the job. Roo got quite fired up at Dits suggesting that Roo will maintain the boys club.

I just re-listened to the Fagan announcement video on AFC.com.au, and when asked if he thinks personnel changes are needed, he said "Look it's way to early for me to say".

heh.....heh......heh.....nervous giggle.....
Is that the same point of the video when chapman starts squirming in his seat?

I noticed some strange looks by chapman when the personnel question came up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back