Teams SC 2015 - My Team (Prior to NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
sc 2015.PNG

Decided on Bellchambers as bench cover. I think with only 1 cover this season you're flirting with disaster picking some nobody who wont play. I consider Swan,Thomas,Titchell, Wines,Griffen all as underpriced prospects who will either make or break my team this year.

View attachment 106338

Decided on Bellchambers as bench cover. I think with only 1 cover this season you're flirting with disaster picking some nobody who wont play. I consider Swan,Thomas,Titchell, Wines,Griffen all as underpriced prospects who will either make or break my team this year.
No point having 300k sitting on your bench. If you reckon Bellchambers can average 85+ then pick him as a fwd with Cox/Read on your ruck bench

No point having 300k sitting on your bench. If you reckon Bellchambers can average 85+ then pick him as a fwd with Cox/Read on your ruck bench

In which case i will have a dud sitting on my fwd bench instead. It was all well and good having a non playing R4 option, the games changed, change with it or be left behind. If a cheaper ruck option opens up like Griffin or one of either Nankervis/Naismith i will select them instead, for now TBC is my option. Everyone had some sort of cover when we had 4 ruck slots open to us. We lost one, therefore we lost the dud option not the cover option.

In which case i will have a dud sitting on my fwd bench instead. It was all well and good having a non playing R4 option, the games changed, change with it or be left behind. If a cheaper ruck option opens up like Griffin or one of either Nankervis/Naismith i will select them instead, for now TBC is my option. Everyone had some sort of cover when we had 4 ruck slots open to us. We lost one, therefore we lost the dud option not the cover option.
You don't understand, if you have Bellchambers playing fwd, due to his fwd/ruck flexibility, and having Cox/Read on your ruck bench, who both have fwd/ruck flexibility, then you can swap them very easily. Say if example Goldstein cops a 1 week suspension then you can swap Bellchambers with Cox, and then put Cox on your fwd bench with one of Laverde/Lambert coming onto your forward field. Therefore there is no 0's. I take it you've never understood the concept of a DPP.

You don't understand, if you have Bellchambers playing fwd, due to his fwd/ruck flexibility, and having Cox/Read on your ruck bench, who both have fwd/ruck flexibility, then you can swap them very easily. Say if example Goldstein cops a 1 week suspension then you can swap Bellchambers with Cox, and then put Cox on your fwd bench with one of Laverde/Lambert coming onto your forward field. Therefore there is no 0's. I take it you've never understood the concept of a DPP.

I understand perfectly fine, no one said anything about 0's. Its also long term injuries that concern me, not the off chance they will get suspended. Im also not putting any Fwd/Ruck combos in my Fwd line. No DPP required, i like my team fine the way its setup...with TBC or someone cheaper(who will get games) at R3 :)

Heres my first team version for the year....
I suck at this and never get it right... so im sure you dont want much a input into who I think should be in your team, but I need help in mine! :oops:
Although there are a couple of players which look cheaper at the moment, so im hoping they spring back to life; ie. Swanny, Rich, plus a couple of guys who went missing, or were injured last year who were good previously, or had potential, ie; Goodes, Waters, Acres
I have put in a couple of rookies who seem to be shoved in our faces this year as 'must haves'... so we will see how they go in the nab cup... if they get a game...
Hows it looking folks... Criticism welcome! :)

oh... I have about $40k leftover...

He's not a spud, his 2013 season was brilliant, he was considered the number one ruck ahead of Ryder at the time. He had an interrupted 2014 pre-season and struggled to get fully fit, hence his lack of form. Backing him in for 2015 to reach those highs again.

He averaged 85.8 and scored over 100 four times. Hardly brilliant.

First attempt, feel as if it still has a little room for improvement. Any suggestions or tips?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-02-01 at 7.59.10 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-01 at 7.59.10 pm.png
    79.4 KB · Views: 4
I suck at this and never get it right... so im sure you dont want much a input into who I think should be in your team, but I need help in mine! :oops:
Although there are a couple of players which look cheaper at the moment, so im hoping they spring back to life; ie. Swanny, Rich, plus a couple of guys who went missing, or were injured last year who were good previously, or had potential, ie; Goodes, Waters, Acres
I have put in a couple of rookies who seem to be shoved in our faces this year as 'must haves'... so we will see how they go in the nab cup... if they get a game...

Too much money wasted on Goodes, Rockliff and Stef Martin has left you with a very weak forward line.

Goodes to a rookie, Rocky to Sloane/Parker and Martin to Goldy/Nic Nat. Should allow you to upgrade Salem to Mitchell at least, maybe even Goddard/Deledio.

There are a couple of PODs in there like Shaw that I like. Not sure on Langdon... but that's your own choice.

The main two I have problems with are Goodes and Martin.

Goodes firstly: Honestly, he's a great VFL player. Not that great an AFL player. I don't think he'll get much AFL gametime, and I don't think he'll score too well if he does.

As for Martin, with Leuenberger coming back there are much better options, especially for 600K.

Keep goodes if picked is insane value IF upgraded and IF picked
rich has to go
Langdon has to go
acres needs to become a rookie
stef martin to a maric, nicnat, goldy, will

Use the cash to grab premiums where possible

First attempt, feel as if it still has a little room for improvement. Any suggestions or tips?
You only have 7 solid premium players (including Liberatore). Too many mid pricers and unproven players. Lumumba, Ibbotson, Duncan, Ebert, Kreuzer, Motlop, Bontempelli and Walters are all speculative picks. Personally i would change Duncan and Ebert to rookies and use the cash to upgrade most of the others to premiums.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You only have 7 solid premium players (including Liberatore). Too many mid pricers and unproven players. Lumumba, Ibbotson, Duncan, Ebert, Kreuzer, Motlop, Bontempelli and Walters are all speculative picks. Personally i would change Duncan and Ebert to rookies and use the cash to upgrade most of the others to premiums.

I was thinking the same, but majority of the mid price players like duncan and ebert can earn a bit of $$$ for me early and then i could upgrade to a premium

I was thinking the same, but majority of the mid price players like duncan and ebert can earn a bit of $$$ for me early and then i could upgrade to a premium

How much cash do you think Ebert and Duncan will make and what average do you think they are likely to achieve? Neither will average 110 and they will likely make you 50k each. You are committing two trades to players who will make you almost no money when the cash could and should be better spent. Look over at some other teams here, read what people have recommended and then apply it to your team. This will help you a lot.

Better? Or worse? ahaa

Any ideas of another DEF rookie? I have ibbotson but i think i could downgrade him to a rookie and upgrade ebert for another premium MID

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-02-01 at 9.07.19 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-01 at 9.07.19 pm.png
    78.5 KB · Views: 6
Better? Or worse? ahaa

Any ideas of another DEF rookie? I have ibbotson but i think i could downgrade him to a rookie and upgrade ebert for another premium MID

Ebert seems to go through long periods where he can't crack the ton.

I think he started the season off on fire, though.

Better? Or worse? ahaa

Heaps better i think. I've seen Goddard and Maynard in a lot of teams, but rookies are all wait and see until we know who is named for round 1 anyway.

yzZLq8P.png

Team #4

Waiting for toxic to let me know which spud I need to remove.

yzZLq8P.png

Team #4

Waiting for toxic to let me know which spud I need to remove.
I'll get in before toxic.

Get rid of Rance. There's also far better options than Roughead for his price range.

I'll get in before toxic.

Get rid of Rance. There's also far better options than Roughead for his price range.

Like?

I don't have much cap left so anyone I change needs to be to someone around the same price.

Rance/Roughead are two I'm looking at as POD's atm though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back