Teams SC 2015: Team Structure

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Start planning for sweet fa mid and def rookies

Yep I have done that since the start. I just can't see heaps of kids getting a run at it. Nakia Cockatoo might jump a few kids at Geelong. Dees / Pies and Blues where the kids will come from imo. How many though? 8 Bench spots up for grabs + how many rookie staring positions?

Yep I have done that since the start. I just can't see heaps of kids getting a run at it. Nakia Cockatoo might jump a few kids at Geelong. Dees / Pies and Blues where the kids will come from imo. How many though? 8 Bench spots up for grabs + how many rookie staring positions?

There will be enough rookies playing round 1. Just not as many as the last 3-4 years. But enough should play Rd1 as to not stuff up everyones structures. Only problem is with less rookies to choose from we'll all have the exact same rookies, which will make premo & midpriced selections even more crucial.

There will be enough rookies playing round 1. Just not as many as the last 3-4 years. But enough should play Rd1 as to not stuff up everyones structures. Only problem is with less rookies to choose from we'll all have the exact same rookies, which will make premo & midpriced selections even more crucial.

Can't wait. Love this game.:thumbsu:

Do any of the higher priced rookies come into consideration?

Depends on how many as well as the quality of cheapie rookies that are selected for Rd1. Will have to consider the higher priced rooks if there aren't enough cheapie starters for Rd1.

Also, depending on NAB form, I would probably go with a higher priced rookie than a mid pricer, especially in the midfield & fwds.

Depends on how many as well as the quality of cheapie rookies that are selected for Rd1. Will have to consider the higher priced rooks if there aren't enough cheapie starters for Rd1.

Also, depending on NAB form, I would probably go with a higher priced rookie than a mid pricer, especially in the midfield & fwds.

What do we pay for job security?

Van Berlo has to come back more into favour you'd think? o_O

What do we pay for job security?

Van Berlo has to come back more into favour you'd think? o_O

Van Berlo is an option. I'm sure plenty of teams will go with. Personally, I'd rather start a sub 140k 1st year rookie that looks like they have cemented a spot in their teams starting 21 after the NAB as far as cash generation goes. I'm willing to sacrifice the extra 10 points per game that VB might score in pursuit of quick cash. Each to their own though.

Van Berlo is an option. I'm sure plenty of teams will go with. Personally, I'd rather start a sub 140k 1st year rookie that looks like they have cemented a spot in their teams starting 21 after the NAB as far as cash generation goes. I'm willing to sacrifice the 10 points per game that VB might score in pursuit of quick cash.

Absolutely, the cheaper the better.

But JS is where it's at, if they can't get a game they can't make us the cashola.

I've cooled a bit on NVB, but am waiting on the NAB before deciding one way or not.

I'm liking Blease, possible bias, but given our need for speed I would say he should at least feature prominently early on.

Biggs, Hartung, Cripps, and Acres have all been thrown around as well.

I'm liking Blease, possible bias, but given our need for speed I would say he should at least feature prominently early on.

Blease yep,
Biggs yep
Cripps yep
Acres yep

Hartung (hawks are just so strong not sure who misses out)

At the moment i just dont see it.

With no GWS or gold coast it really reduces the rookie pot a lot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jed Anderson, cheaper than them all. Also Newton from Melbourne needs to be considered, can score points quickly.

Also, Zak Jones in the backline, tackling machine.

Last edited:
Thinking defence

0/5/3

Assume 5 players less than 400k more than 200k.

If I think a simpson versus a dusty martin i see far far bigger upside in dusty

Who are your 5 going to be though, could end up having to trade all of them within the first 10 rounds. Huge risk, but I guess reward is there, but still, hope your a gambling man.

Who are your 5 going to be though, could end up having to trade all of them within the first 10 rounds. Huge risk, but I guess reward is there, but still, hope your a gambling man.

No idea

In that range there's 10 I'll investigate further during nab.

Can't bring myself to take KK, just cant do it, would look at Docherty or Mayes depending on his role.

Or maybe Roberton to keep some cash spare. But cant see myself going 5 mid pricers and no premos in defense. Goes against every bone in my body.

Blease yep,
Biggs yep
Cripps yep
Acres yep

Hartung (hawks are just so strong not sure who misses out)

Spot on here toxic

You could put Jed Anderson in this bucket also. I'm expecting both to get games this year, and probably quite a few games at that, as we'll be looking to freshen up as many of the 30+ guys (Mitchell, Burgoyne, Hodge etc) over the course of the year. Huge vest candidates though I'd think. Looking at the GF team, they are all still available with Frawley a likely in. This perhaps forces out Spangher, and turns Gibbo into the third tall defender. What happens to the rest of the backline set-up is anyone's guess but puts pressure on the likes of Stratton, Suckling and Birchall I guess. Taylor Duryea was sub in the GF.

Hartung and Anderson will be thereabouts that is for sure, but as you say who comes out at their expense? Just not sure I'd take the risk even if one or both are picked early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back