SC 2016 - My Team (Pre-NAB Challenge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty solid.
Love the Gawn pick. Should be a great R2.
If you are comfortable that Wells is going to be a viable option, have you considered taking one less premo forward (likely Tippett or Buddy) in order to add an extra defender? Chances are Kerridge and Brown will both score ok early, better chance of doing so than the defender rooks IMO. Might be better off having those 2 on the field, turning Tippett/Buddy into another premo/sub-premo defender and therefore eliminating one lower scoring rookie defender.
Food for thought
thanks bud. good thoughts. bit to ponder. appreciate it.

Love Breust. I really think he could become an elite midfielder if he was given a permanent role - he's so clean in possession, tackles hard, is great in the air for his size and wins contested possessions.

However I was expecting this transition to happen this season just gone, but he's obviously one of the best small/medium forwards in the league so he offers more value up forward for now.

Though with the reduction in interchanges there will be many more rotations through the middle, especially with our aging stars. So I expect he'll get more time in the centre.

Cheers for the heads-up on Freeman.
I thought that might happen too. Last NAB as i recall he saw a fair bit of mid time.

Cheers man.

Goldy is too expensive ATM, I'm hoping he'll have a down game or two and then I can pounce on him... So really I'm just rolling the dice.
"My what big dice you have" said Goldylocks.

Small variation for Team number 3. Unless there is injuries these are the promos I'll run with. May downgrade Gresham and/or Kerridge to get playing rookies in. I have **** all cash left but I expect to start strong.

View attachment 214419
Very nice mate, 15 keepers if your lucky :thumbsu:

Don't like the Zorko pick, prefer Wingard/Barlow

Also reasons why you don't have Fyfe or Lids?

Nice overall team, I don't mind the overspending in the backline, but would prefer a more stock standard structure :thumbsu:

Small variation for Team number 3. Unless there is injuries these are the promos I'll run with. May downgrade Gresham and/or Kerridge to get playing rookies in. I have **** all cash left but I expect to start strong.

View attachment 214419
Good looking team. You might need a bit of luck with the cheapo rookies, but if it comes off you might be laughing. 15 keepers if all goes to plan.

Very nice mate, 15 keepers if your lucky :thumbsu:

Don't like the Zorko pick, prefer Wingard/Barlow

Also reasons why you don't have Fyfe or Lids?

Nice overall team, I don't mind the overspending in the backline, but would prefer a more stock standard structure :thumbsu:
Zorko & Wingard have both played 4 years, zorkos lowest average being 86. He's had 1 year at 99 and 2 years at 100.
Wingard has had a year at 97 & a year at 98 with the other 2 years irrelevant.
I can't see where Wingard is going to get extra points from last year. He kicked over 50 goals and averaged nearly 20 possessions a game. I think that's about what he'll stay at so for me I'd rather Zorko.
Won't be touching Barlow, I think Freo will slide a little bit this year and he'll be the first one to make way for Weller/Blakely/Langdon.
Would love to have Fyfe & Deledio but you can't have everyone. Hopefully they'll be my first 2 players traded in.

Won't be touching Barlow, I think Freo will slide a little bit this year and he'll be the first one to make way for Weller/Blakely/Langdon.
Freo finished on top of the ladder and made a prelim, so if they slide they'll make the eight at worst.

Why would a side in the mix for finals and aiming for a top 4 berth drop a 28-year-old 113-game midfielder to gift games to a couple of teenagers?

Zorko & Wingard have both played 4 years, zorkos lowest average being 86. He's had 1 year at 99 and 2 years at 100.
Wingard has had a year at 97 & a year at 98 with the other 2 years irrelevant.
I can't see where Wingard is going to get extra points from last year. He kicked over 50 goals and averaged nearly 20 possessions a game. I think that's about what he'll stay at so for me I'd rather Zorko.
Would love to have Fyfe & Deledio but you can't have everyone. Hopefully they'll be my first 2 players traded in.

Zorko is an interesting one. If I recall correctly his average before the bye last year was about 82, and he was around $430,000.

He finished the year very strongly, but it's worth noting that Beams didn't play during most of that time. My concern with Zorko is that with Beams back and a fit list, Zorko will see less mid time & go back to playing more of that forward flank role like he did before the bye.

Freo finished on top of the ladder and made a prelim, so if they slide they'll make the eight at worst.

Why would a side in the mix for finals and aiming for a top 4 berth drop a 28-year-old 113-game midfielder to gift games to a couple of teenagers?
No idea what relevance them making a prelim has to them sliding?
Barlow looked a lot slower last year, hence being subbed a couple of times. I expect that to continue.

Zorko is an interesting one. If I recall correctly his average before the bye last year was about 82, and he was around $430,000.

He finished the year very strongly, but it's worth noting that Beams didn't play during most of that time. My concern with Zorko is that with Beams back and a fit list, Zorko will see less mid time & go back to playing more of that forward flank role like he did before the bye.

Maybe so, but he still averaged 100 and has done it in previous years. Can't see his scores being totally dependant on one player.

No Redden or Aish this year. I'm expecting zorko at quite a few ball ups this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is my current team - appreciate any input thanks

DEF: Houli, Yeo, Rich, B Smith, Malceski, M. Brown (M Brown, R Bonner)
MID: Danger, Ablett, Sloane, Rockliff, Wines, Griffen, Libba, B Crouch (A Francis, Petracca, Polkinghorne)
RUCK: Sinclair, Lobbe (M Cox)
FWD: Dusty, Bird, Duggan, Simpkin, B Kennedy, Cockatoo (Kerridge, Kommer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back