Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

A monkey selecting tips at random would, on average, have equalled my 9 out of 18 in the last two weeks:
Round 4 tips
Belgrave v OLINDA (10 points) - we'll give them one more chance
Warburton v WANDIN (43 points)
MONBULK v Upwey (25 points) - I am on the Monbulk bandwagon now
MT. EVELYN v Healesville (8 points) - in an upset
WOORI v Yarra Glen (32 points) - well done last week, Yarra Glen

GEMBROOK v Seville (4 points) - in another upset
Powelltown v EMERALD (14 points) - danger game for Emerald
Yarra Junction v KINGLAKE (49 points)
YEA v Alexandra (7 points) - go Yea!

Olinda by a bees wanga
Wandin by a lot
Monbulk by a nifty
Healesville by a bag
Woori to outscore yarra glen total in a quarter

A monkey selecting tips at random would, on average, have equalled my 9 out of 18 in the last two weeks:
Round 4 tips
Belgrave v OLINDA (10 points) - we'll give them one more chance
Warburton v WANDIN (43 points)
MONBULK v Upwey (25 points) - I am on the Monbulk bandwagon now
MT. EVELYN v Healesville (8 points) - in an upset
WOORI v Yarra Glen (32 points) - well done last week, Yarra Glen

GEMBROOK v Seville (4 points) - in another upset
Powelltown v EMERALD (14 points) - danger game for Emerald
Yarra Junction v KINGLAKE (49 points)
YEA v Alexandra (7 points) - go Yea!

Mt Ev?????

Is Cupido back?

Olinda
Wandin
Monbulk
Healesville
Woori

Emerald
Kinglake
Seville
Alex

Hmmm... Interesting prediction there Monniehawk (even though I do have the benefit of an extra round). Olinda are now 1 & 3 with that win coming against Yarra Glen. I don't think they'll make the 5 let alone top. Olinda out, Belgrave in. Agree with the rest though.

According to this weeks local paper Wandin have signed Joel Coombes and according to the article he is a very well credentialed player. I can't help but thinking that even though Wandin is building a fair list, it seems to be at the chagrin of other clubs and that we may be in for a bit of a boring season. Yes, there will probably be a bit of interest in who gets fourth and fifth spot and who gets relegated but at the very top end; forget it.

I can see Wandin absolutely smashing some teams this year and then romping to a fairly one sided finals series. But then what? They (Wandin) will beat their chests saying how good they are, whilst the rest of the competition will be asking how they compete. Seems to have a bit of "Silvan" writen all over it.

Only 4 rounds in and I have no reason to change my opinion. Looks like they're starting to get used to playing together and I can only see them getting better. Have scored a total of 517 points and conceded only 190 for a percentage of 272.11; out scoring their opponents by nearly 3 goals to 1. The closest anyone has got to them is 46 points by Healesville, and even then Healesvile had their scored doubled.

Last edited:
Only 4 rounds in and I have no reason to change my opinion. Looks like they're starting to get used to playing together and I can only see them getting better. Have scored a total of 517 points and conceded only 190 for a percentage of 367.50; out scoring their opponents by nearly 4 goals to 1. The closest anyone has got to them is 46 points by Healesville, and even then Healesvile had their scored doubled.

history is littered with teams that have dominated seasons but fail to win the grand prize
gembrook
upwey
wandin
anyone can win
congrats to yarra glen today
unfortunately the scoreboard didnt reflect their efforts

history is littered with teams that have dominated seasons but fail to win the grand prize
gembrook
upwey
wandin
anyone can win
congrats to yarra glen today
unfortunately the scoreboard didnt reflect their efforts

Love your optimism mr healz, you seem like a glass half full kinda guy. There would be a couple of games that Wandin would've pencilled in for the home and away season. The first is Woori for obvious reasons and the second would be Upwey as Upwey have been a perennial powerhouse of the league. Woori were dispensed by over 60 points and they have Upwey next Saturday. Monbulk are in round 7 and Belgrave round 8. The only other threat after that is complacency.

You're right when you say that history is littered with teams who dominate through the year and fail to win the premiership; some don't even get to the big dance, but I can't see that happening to Wandin. Even though plenty probably hope it does.

Love your optimism mr healz, you seem like a glass half full kinda guy. There would be a couple of games that Wandin would've pencilled in for the home and away season. The first is Woori for obvious reasons and the second would be Upwey as Upwey have been a perennial powerhouse of the league. Woori were dispensed by over 60 points and they have Upwey next Saturday. Monbulk are in round 7 and Belgrave round 8. The only other threat after that is complacency.

You're right when you say that history is littered with teams who dominate through the year and fail to win the premiership; some don't even get to the big dance, but I can't see that happening to Wandin. Even though plenty probably hope it does.

i like to empty my glass and fill it up again
as to your post it reads like something written by dr evil

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both Emerald teams won, sorry to burst the bubble!

So was it Rusty who left?

Heard Wandin had 4 or 5 out on the weekend, making an impressive win a little glossier.

Upweys reserves team has had some serious quality in it the last two weeks, what's RVH been doing in the ressies, apart from dominating?

Anyway, there's some conversation starters to get us through the week.

Wandin were missing Wratten Ross Tavleski and Wilson all four would walk into any other team in the league. In saying that Warby were missing at least 4 players of there top 10 as well Wandin just has better depth. I heard Martin walked out on MtEv

Wandin were missing Wratten Ross Tavleski and Wilson all four would walk into any other team in the league. In saying that Warby were missing at least 4 players of there top 10 as well Wandin just has better depth. I heard Martin walked out on MtEv

What makes you think Wandin have depth?;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back