2nds Semi Final: Port Adelaide vs Norwood - @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the word on Buddha's coaching job, safe or up for renewal

No insinuations just asking , as I'm so far away and don't get the gossip around the grounds.

What's the word on Buddha's coaching job .....
Buddha's a PAFC assistant coach, tasked only this year (so far) with coaching our reserves. He'll be in the box with Hinkley today. As a PAFC assistant I reckon he has runs on the board and would imagine he'd be there next year if he wants.
In coaching the Maggies I thought he did fairly well. The Maggies' fortunes have largely mirrored the Power's i.e. excellent early in the season, struggling late. I'd have no problems seeing him out there again in 2015 if the SANFL even allow the Maggies to remain in the comp.

Thanks for that Harold. I accept that Haren is down on form but at least he is a ruckman and if he gets picked it means that we do not have to use the likes of Shaw and Harvey in ruck and they can focus on playing forward. I cannot see the point in playing inexperienced players in ruck as they are going to get towelled up anyway. We might as well play Haren and let the others play in key positions.

Anyone know if John Butcher is likely to front next week?

Good points Raptalia, and like you I would have played Big Ben, despite his poor form, to free up others to play roles they're best at. Perhaps Ben is hampered physically which has caused this drop in form because he was excellent earlier in the year.

Anyone posted stats yet?

Geez, I thought the Butcher stuff was bad. Flynn isn't up to playing consistently good football at senior SANFL level after having played about 10-15 games of Aussie Rules in his life? Spud, delist :drunk:

Not to mention because of our lack of defensive talls Flynn plays as a KPD sometimes.

If he was on the wing/halfback for 100% of the game instead of being moved around all the time he would find it easier to know how to play.

What's the word on Buddha's coaching job, safe or up for renewal

No insinuations just asking , as I'm so far away and don't get the gossip around the grounds.

He's done ok. The first half of the season almost cancels out the second half. If he loses the prelim then it becomes a 50/50 but none of that will mean nothing as he will still be coaching in 2015.

Personally I am worried that Hocking doesn't have what it takes to be a premiership coach. I'll stand to be proven wrong but I don't think he's good enough to take us to an sanfl flag, from what I've seen in close games.

Buddah is a first year SANFL coach, top of the table. Could be playing in a GF in 2 weeks.

I think he deserves our praise instead of us questioning his position.

Not to mention because of our lack of defensive talls Flynn plays as a KPD sometimes.

If he was on the wing/halfback for 100% of the game instead of being moved around all the time he would find it easier to know how to play.

To be fair on him, I think he's instructed to 'play on' and 'take the game on' just like they tell Pittard. The issue is that it seems that it is the only thing he's developing in his game. He wouldn't be any better on the wing because he does not measure the attention of his opponents. If anything, if he gets selected again, play him half forward.

To be fair on him, I think he's instructed to 'play on' and 'take the game on' just like they tell Pittard. The issue is that it seems that it is the only thing he's developing in his game. He wouldn't be any better on the wing because he does not measure the attention of his opponents. If anything, if he gets selected again, play him half forward.
As long as he has space to go for a run. We need to exploit the best part of his game and minimize the chance of his lack of experience getting exposed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching Flynn is like watching a young gazelle in Africa getting run down by a lion. Sometimes they get away and bolt off. Others they get caught and whilst lying horizontal the legs are still going a million miles an hour whilst the lion feasts on the intestines. Thats what it was like watchign Flynn yesterday. Got caught, legs still going, still holding the ball. Get rid of the ball. Dont just lay there having some Norwood flog feast on your intestines.

He'll get there though. Im not concerned.

I was more concerned about Heath. Arguably the worst individual game i've ever witnessed. Kicked out on the full 3 times, straight to an opponent twice, handballed to an opponent 3 times. They moved him to deep FF in the last quarter just to get him away from it. Its a pity as I love Heathy and he arguably shouldnt have been playing.

The form of Stewart, Gray, Slattery & Summo was really down. When all our big number mids have bad days its not gonna look pretty.

The disappointing part for me which Ford touched on was that it really did look like the reserves out there, and not the PAFC. They just didnt try anything when Norwood got the momentum. No different strategy, no try and close the game down, no positional changes, no flooding the midfield, no flooding the defence, nothing. Just keep playing the same game and hope that it turns around. Not good enough.

As long as he has space to go for a run. We need to exploit the best part of his game and minimize the chance of his lack of experience getting exposed.

His main problem is he's running all the time without any thought that there are players ready to grab him. This guy takes a mark and turns directly into the man on the mark, gets thrown down to the ground holding the ball, and then puts his hands up asking in wonder of what did he do wrong. No, I'd even accept him being played in the forward line to run at the ball, take a mark because he does have good hands, be told that if he takes a mark inside 50m he does not play on, he walks back and takes a kick at goal. He will run at defenders and he'll likely help keep the ball in our forward lines.

Watching Flynn is like watching a young gazelle in Africa getting run down by a lion. Sometimes they get away and bolt off. Others they get caught and whilst lying horizontal the legs are still going a million miles an hour whilst the lion feasts on the intestines. Thats what it was like watchign Flynn yesterday. Got caught, legs still going, still holding the ball. Get rid of the ball. Dont just lay there having some Norwood flog feast on your intestines.

He'll get there though. Im not concerned.

I was more concerned about Heath. Arguably the worst individual game i've ever witnessed. Kicked out on the full 3 times, straight to an opponent twice, handballed to an opponent 3 times. They moved him to deep FF in the last quarter just to get him away from it. Its a pity as I love Heathy and he arguably shouldnt have been playing.

The form of Stewart, Gray, Slattery & Summo was really down. When all our big number mids have bad days its not gonna look pretty.

The disappointing part for me which Ford touched on was that it really did look like the reserves out there, and not the PAFC. They just didnt try anything when Norwood got the momentum. No different strategy, no try and close the game down, no positional changes, no flooding the midfield, no flooding the defence, nothing. Just keep playing the same game and hope that it turns around. Not good enough.
Did we want to win the game coz at times it didn't look like it. Norwood were great but we lacked intent. Players playing this week helps the Power

..... This guy takes a mark and turns directly into the man on the mark, gets thrown down to the ground holding the ball, and then puts his hands up asking in wonder of what did he do wrong ....
When be bounced while a Norwood player was holding his guernsey and got pinged he clearly had no idea what he'd done wrong. I know there's lot of new rules to learn but when your speciality is run and carry I'd have thought the holding the ball rules would have been ones you studied.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back