Sheffield Shield Round 8: NSW v WA @ Newcastle

Remove this Banner Ad

Our top 4 is just shite.
Maddinson has been good this season. But the rest nah. Potential in Patterson but still young. I rate Carters but I don't think he'll ever go beyond a solid shield batsmen.

Overall it's not a strong top four for a team aiming to win the whole thing.
In a way NSW have actually increased their chances of winning the game. Was gonna be a draw if left to a declaration
The way the table is, we just need to go for the draw. If we lose wickets, then obviously go for the win, but our priority needs to be draw this game, and reset going into the final two games.

WA have Qld in Brisbane in the last game so we are every chance of securing a final spot in the next round of games, but if we give WA 5 extra points here than that is a major blow to us.

The way the table is, we just need to go for the draw. If we lose wickets, then obviously go for the win, but our priority needs to be draw this game, and reset going into the final two games.

WA have Qld in Brisbane in the last game so we are every chance of securing a final spot in the next round of games, but if we give WA 5 extra points here than that is a major blow to us.

We play Queensland next at the Gabba and then our final game is against NSW in the return fixture at the WACA from 13-16 March.

We play Queensland next at the Gabba and then our final game is against NSW in the return fixture at the WACA from 13-16 March.
Sorry, yes that's correct and what I did mean to type. I'm a few beers in at the moment.

Either way, tomorrow is a huge day in the context of this years tournament. It will go a long way to deciding who gets that all important top spot on the ladder.

Sorry, yes that's correct and what I did mean to type. I'm a few beers in at the moment.

Either way, tomorrow is a huge day in the context of this years tournament. It will go a long way to deciding who gets that all important top spot on the ladder.

Hypothetically where would NSW host a final if you do finish first?

Canberra again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Manuka Oval would be ahead of Blacktown based on last years precedent.

Possibly but purely from a selfish point of view I'd prefer the final somewhere in Sydney- Blacktown, North Sydney Oval (although I hate this ground)

Manuka Oval would be ahead of Blacktown based on last years precedent.
The WC wouldn't own it any more so probably. Qld would be 'Gabba, SA , Tas and Vic can't host, but the only one that would be unable to host is the 'G.

Who would you bring in to replace him?
Simmons. :p

I'm not sure, there has to be someone at Grade level worthy of a chance? We could even promote Klinger to open/Marsh to 3 and bring in a worthy Futures League performer like Cartwright...or Turner to get a shot in the middle order?

Simmons. :p

I'm not sure, there has to be someone at Grade level worthy of a chance? We could even promote Klinger to open/Marsh to 3 and bring in a worthy Futures League performer like Cartwright...or Turner to get a shot in the middle order?

Would you give Beaton another go? Or is he pretty much a write off

Would you give Beaton another go? Or is he pretty much a write off
Oh yeah, Beaton in the middle order would be a shout too. I just look at Harris and his inability to convert starts/average more than mid 20s and think there has to be a better option.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back