Opinion Should Essendon Lose the right to play on ANZAC day?

Remove this Banner Ad

Just minor infringements, because of our stupidity. Not the same as Blooze and Drugs who actually planned to win premierships off of the cheating and actually got away with it

you dont get booted out of the PSD for minor infringements.

I agree, we were not as big as the Blues effort (or the others who lost ND picks like the Crows), we would have gotten a bigger whack if not for the amnesty

Our problem is we cheated and still didn't win :(

Yes. They should.

They should play a second Melbourne vs Collingwood game on ANZAC day to give Melbourne a "fairer" slice of the club-equalization pie.

Yes. They should.

They should play a second Melbourne vs Collingwood game on ANZAC day to give Melbourne a "fairer" slice of the club-equalization pie.
Nah QB was possibly the most boring game of the year. Plus you seem to have ANZAC eve now anyway.

To compare our small misdemeanours and label us as cheats alongside those blatent drug takers makes me sick specially when it's coming from a so called richmond diehard FFS stop trying to crawl up the arse of opposition
posters that's just not on .how bout ya act like a true tiger and give the enemy no sympathy and bathe in there misfortune of supporting an utter sh*tstain of a club .

Nah QB was possibly the most boring game of the year. Plus you seem to have ANZAC eve now anyway.
IKR. So looking forward to playing you guys then. Richmond has always been my favourite team to play against.

Yeah, QB was a shocker this year. Then again it also shows how far behind we have fallen from that amazing draw since 2010.

Yes. They should.

you're club is already one of the main financial beneficiaries of equalizations, and you already have the QB guaranteed as a Dees home game every year

The AFL subsidizes your CEO and your coach, and helped you pay your fine for not tanking.

How much more help do you want?

To compare our small misdemeanours and label us as cheats alongside those blatent drug takers makes me sick specially when it's coming from a so called richmond diehard FFS stop trying to crawl up the arse of opposition
posters that's just not on .how bout ya act like a true tiger and give the enemy no sympathy and bathe in there misfortune of supporting an utter sh*tstain of a club .

again, I'm not saying they are similar. I'm dispelling the original claim by the OP that ANZAC Day should be given to us because of our awesome reputation. I'm simply pointing out our reputation isn't that awesome (and thats ignoring all the on-field vomit we have spewed up for 30 years).

FWIW if the Dons were to lose the ANZAC Day slot we would be the last club to get it anyway. We already have Dreamtime and (supposedly) the opener. No chance the AFL granting us a third game. If it were to happen, I suspect it would be Carlton (assuming they don't get Good Friday)

you're club is already one of the main financial beneficiaries of equalizations, and you already have the QB guaranteed as a Dees home game every year

The AFL subsidizes your CEO and your coach, and helped you pay your fine for not tanking.

How much more help do you want?
A guaranteed spot in the grand final where we don't have to play a game for the entire season.

(I'm not being srs about any of this BTW, I just stumbled upon this thread when I heard we are playing you guys on ANZAC Eve for now on lol).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back