Silly season- Jeremy Cameron (update: has re-signed with GWS, thread now discussing Treloar)

Remove this Banner Ad

bcc09

Draftee
Sep 25, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hine said we have bigger fish to fry in next years trade period.

Out of contract next year, Pies supporter growing up, Cap space, Melbourne boy, Moore, Cloke, Elliot forward line- Tantalising.

What do we give to get him?

Hine said we have bigger fish to fry in next years trade period.

I think it's more of a Collingwood 2009 situation that he was referring to. As in no one in particular but more so if the club finds itself pushing top 4 they would have a look at the list as a whole and plug the holes with top shelf players to get that extra 10%.

Hawthorn obviously have been doing it for a while now, Brian Lake being the perfect example last year. We all know for the Pies it was Jolly, Ball and Brown with Krak and Taz the following year.

Maybe I'm way off having not being there at the members forum, but that's my impression anyway.

Was a new thread really needed? We already have 5 threads on the first page of the board discussing list changes/ trading/ FA etc. express an opinion in one of those threads and wait for it to get shot down (because we aren't recruiting Cameron). The clutter on our board is ridiculous ATM!

I was talking to my brother who lives in Sydney. He went to a prematch function before Coll V GWS. Officials form both clubs were there and Cameron. Said there was a bit of banter between the groups about Cameron and Cameron himself made a crack a our how he had come up I the lift with Pert and Pert had been helping with a couple of things. All light hearted but Rob reckons Pert gave a bit of a smirk at the crack and he wondered what sort of enquirys had been made.

No way Cloke has 2-3 seasons left
No that is the ball park for Cloke. Hopefully he inherits a bit of his old mans longevity but it would be a surprise if he was the same force he is now in 3 seasons time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No that is the ball park for Cloke. Hopefully he inherits a bit of his old mans longevity but it would be a surprise if he was the same force he is now in 3 seasons time.

If he could emulate Faser Gehrig it would be handy, retired at 31/32 absolute monster 195 cm 109 kg. kicked bags of goals up until his last year.

Last five years stats starting at the age Travis will be next year.
2004 103 Goals
2005 78 Goals
2006 71 Goals
2007 59 Goals
2008 9 Goals

Last edited:
How many guys go on past 30-31 these days? Not bloody many. Look how Quinten Lynch went to nothing from his West Coast days.

Quentin Lynch was useless even when he was at WCE. Hence why they got rid of him. They told him he wouldn't be getting a game ahead of Kennedy, Darling and Lycett.

Quentin Lynch was useless even when he was at WCE. Hence why they got rid of him. They told him he wouldn't be getting a game ahead of Kennedy, Darling and Lycett.
Hawthorne 2014

Burgoyne 31
Lake 31
Mitchell 31
Hodge 30
Gibson 30
Hale 30
Sewell 30

Out of that group i would say only Brad Sewell is the one in doubt to go on next year! They are currently all performing at the top level.

Didn't Tom Boyd train with us before he got drafted by GWS??
I'd be chasing him if we land Moore in this years draft.
Moore is more of your athletic tall Centre Half Forward.
Boyd is more of your stay at home monster type Full Forward.

Last edited:
Yesssss get him crucial to our flag chances.Moore,Cloke and Cameron super forward line with fasolo and elloit at there feet too hard to hold for any backline.

Just get him!

He was a Free Agent, he didn't need anyone's permission to go to wherever he wanted
That may have been how he ended up at Collingwood, but the reason he was looking was because he wasn't getting a game at WCE. Worsefold made it very clear that he wouldn't be getting a game, much like we told Bally this year.

Hawthorne 2014

Burgoyne 31
Lake 31
Mitchell 31
Hodge 30
Gibson 30
Hale 30
Sewell 30

Out of that group i would say only Brad Sewell is the one in doubt to go on next year! They are currently all performing at the top level.
Bs all probably have about 1 more year left in them. Lake battled all year he's been hopeless.
Mitchell copped the old mans injury and was missing for a while.
Hodge doesn't dominate the way he used to.
Sewell is finished now. No longevity in those.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back