News Sinclair re-signs till 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Fact is over the past two year the only times he's been out of the best 22 are when he's been injured. Very solid player and deserved the contract imo

Good move to re-sign him and I think the contract length is ideal. He's been effected by injuries and is still young and developing his game, in 2 years we should know if there's a long term place in the 22. Right now there is, his defensive game is ok and he has pace, which is one thing we lack.

I wasnt originally a fan but i now think he is a player we need.

The reason being he has pace which so many of our players lack.

Sinclair displays no leadership qualities. Your rebuttal is invalid.

my-hair-is-a-bird-your-argument-is-invalid_c_3405201.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both those players can kick. Sinclair wouldn't get a game at Hawthorn.
Hawthorn leave us (and probably everyone else) for dead as far as kicking skills are concerned, but Isaac Smith isn't great, and Hawk supporters cringe when Schoenmakers gets the ball. I think he has been dropped this week but he's still played nearly 100 games for them.

Good kicking skills or not, I'm sure if Simpkin and Spangher were at Collingwood you'd find something about them you didn't like.

i know sinclair, we're in the same circles. he is pretty much the best bloke i know and has an amazing attitude towards footy so obviously bucks just loves having people like that in the club. hes in there for role modelling as much as he is in there for his footy.

Really don't understand people not liking this.

At best, Sinclair is best 22 and an important part of our back 6.

At worst he's in the 22-30 rung of players, who not only provide a lot of depth in case of injuries/form, but who keep pressure on those above them to keep putting the effort in and performing.

Just rubbish belief about Sinclair. The haters keep saying he is a poor disposer of the ball. They focus on that, and don't give any other reasons why he is no good. Truth be told, that the stats don't lie. If he misses his targets by hand or foot, it would show up in the stats. Sinclair is the 9th best disposer of the ball this year with 76.1% effective.

1. Tony Armstrong 87.5%
2. Jack Frost 97.3%
3. Corey Gault 84.6%
4. Adam Oxley 78.5%
5. Travis Varcoe 78.4%
6. Patrick Karnezis 78%
7. Steele Sidebottom 76.8%
8. Scott Pendlebury 76.8%
9. Ben Sinclair 76.1%

So take Gault, Armstrong and Karnezis out of that, because they have only played a couple, Sinclair is almost in the top 5 in our club.

So please, to save embarrassment, pick on something else about Sinclair, and leave his accuracy in disposal out of it, because it doesn't add up.

Really don't understand people not liking this.

At best, Sinclair is best 22 and an important part of our back 6.

At worst he's in the 22-30 rung of players, who not only provide a lot of depth in case of injuries/form, but who keep pressure on those above them to keep putting the effort in and performing.
Yes, it's ridiculous thinking by quite a few people. It's not as if he's been put on a "Cloke-like" contract, either. He's still only 23, has pace to burn and plays with a lot of enthusiasm. Given that he's missed a fair bit of footy over the last couple of seasons he should still have a fair bit of improvement in him.

Yes, it's ridiculous thinking by quite a few people. It's not as if he's been put on a "Cloke-like" contract, either. He's still only 23, has pace to burn and plays with a lot of enthusiasm. Given that he's missed a fair bit of footy over the last couple of seasons he should still have a fair bit of improvement in him.
No, not here, surely

Remove this Banner Ad

Back