Smashtastic Cricket - Online Flash Game

Remove this Banner Ad

:thumbsu: Great game Sidog :thumbsu:

Have you made any other games? Make an Aussie Rules game?

I created Gilly & Roy in career mode, can you use your created players in slog mode?

Keep up the good work! :D

Killed a day and a half with this game lol. Good effort Sidog

Once you make it as a opener becomes too easy. With the field in the circle for the first 15 overs every ball you just hit for six.

Game is more of a challenge when batting down at 6th drop

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not really a cricket fan, but liking this game a lot!

This is a fantastic game, much better than stick cricket. Huge props sir.

The only thing is, the more exp you get, the less fun it is. Once you buff your stats, you just smash everything for six. This brings me to when the game is at its absolute best; the first WC campaign. No power ups, no buffed stats. You only hit a six with high stamina and when you time it sweetly. You have to seriously think about shot selection, field placement, etc. This is when the game is the most fun. Grinding out an innings, managing your stamina, knocking singles and trying to pierce the field for a boundary. It's no longer fun when you can smack everything for six.

After mucking around with Australia for a bit, I started a new campaign as Bangladesh. First up copped India who set us something like 400. Useless openers soaked up balls before getting out. I came in and smashed 198no off 80-90 balls. I picked gaps, conserved stamina, analysed the field etc. By the final overs my guy was puffing like crazy but I had got it down to 8 off the last over. Alas, the AI had strike and I didn't face a ball in the last. Lost by four runs.

I consider it my greatest innings by far, and far more fun than smashing endless sixes as a buffed Australian in his third WC.

Also notched up a 269no in my final game of the inaugural WC as Bangladesh. Only won 2 games and didn't get out of the group phase.

Cool thanks for all the feeback , it's really great to see people enjoying the game. Makes the at time hellish one man development of game like this worth it.

I agree that the game does suffer abit once you get your player buffed and needs some better balancing. Maybe the opening bowlers should be a lot faster to compensate for fielding restrictions in the first 15 overs.

Also at some point I'm going to add a high score table for most career runs so that might give people something to strive for once there dominating the game with their batsmen in Career Mode.

I'm currently working on a couple of other projects but hopefully before the end of this year I'd like to at least have a multiplayer beta of this game playable.

What would you be more interested in a better more in depth Career mode ? or Multiplayer ?

What would you be more interested in a better more in depth Career mode ? or Multiplayer ?

Multiplayer. :) Though I assume bowling will still be a random AI generated event for the fielding team?

Also I like the idea of the opening bowlers being more difficult in the first 15. I can rack up a century in the first 5 overs with buffed out stats.

Bowling will be user controlled similar to how it is in console games i.e. you postion a circle to pitch the bowl kinda thing and then apply turn/spin to the ball.

It should be pretty fun because you'll be able to get alot more swing and turn on the ball than most Cricket games.

Bowling will be user controlled similar to how it is in console games i.e. you postion a circle to pitch the bowl kinda thing and then apply turn/spin to the ball.

It should be pretty fun because you'll be able to get alot more swing and turn on the ball than most Cricket games.

Sounds good :)

I wouldn't mind seeing a bitter career mode tbh. Maybe playing from U/17's to international level, and then becoming captain of your nation?

Multiplayer I'm guessing would be a very large process, and would be good for a while.

But I would like to see a more in-depth career mode. Coming from district/local/state cricket and then playing international cricket would be awesome. And obviously not just playing the World Cups, have normal tours and what not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back