Toast Smith at home in Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm surprised this thread has no replies (until now).

I have a lot of respect for Smith, it's good that he's happy to be at the club. He'd make a good captain!

I likened him to Brett Kirk when he was still playing seconds. Quality player who I reckon will captain the club at some point.

Wow, that's a big call mate, but can see your logic in it though, especially if we're going to go on with the multiple captains. I would love to see both Nick Smith and Kieren Jack captain the club. They're the new Brett Kirk/Jude Bolton combination for us in my opinion.

Just a really good footballer. Not a modern age athlete capable of doing the freakish (although he has great skills) but just a smart player who knows exactly what he's doing at all times.

No weaknesses. Beats his man more often than not in one on one's, doesn't make bad decisions with the ball (by hand or foot), plays the percentages well every time and is as tough as.

Unlike many of his teammates, I never worry when he has the ball. He invariably hits a target or chooses the right option.

How good is he? He just always seems to do the right thing. He's calm under pressure, rarely gets beaten. My only problem is he doesn't get enough of the footy atm. But as he gains more experience he'll see more of it which is great 4 the swans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back