Certified Legendary Thread Sneaking in to the Grand Final............

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't there a story about the Record Boy's making loads of cash by "lending" spare uniforms to people outside the stadium for a fee, thus enabling them to get into the ground?

Only way a bomb hoax would work if a Payphone was used. Even then you're still an idiot for trying. Surely more conventional, less-than-completely illegal ways exist. e.g. getting a while group of mates to rush the gates, or pretending to deliver something. Those suggestions aren't as illegal as a bomb hoax, just frowned upon like masturbating on an aeroplane.

Dad snuck us into the 96 grandfinal.

told us to run through the gate then he jogged up behind us telling us to wait up come back and handed the attendant expired tickets from another game and kept running.

Doubt you will get away with it with all the security and barcodes nowadays.

Dad snuck us into the 96 grandfinal.

told us to run through the gate then he jogged up behind us telling us to wait up come back and handed the attendant expired tickets from another game and kept running.

Doubt you will get away with it with all the security and barcodes nowadays.
I thought they had turnstiles back then which were locked until the attendant pressed the button to let you through.
Maybe he did it at one of the old pass out gates which from memory just had an attendant and no barrier.

I thought they had turnstiles back then which were locked until the attendant pressed the button to let you through.
Maybe he did it at one of the old pass out gates which from memory just had an attendant and no barrier.

no idea was the first time at the G my dad is one of the dodgiest people around so it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't even an actual entry gate.

Just photocopy a mates ticket and find a young looking attendant. get him to go in a few people before you, and have another mate directly behind you (preferably a scary looking dude or middle aged woman). Once you scan your ticket and it doesn't work, get the person behind you to kick up a fuss at the attendant and tell him to hurry up, while you sigh and blame it on technology. Young attendant will probably let you through to save himself from the wrath of angry mate behind you.

Then get the attendant to give you some pass outs.

Best way is to make multiple copies of the handouts that you get from the game in all the different colours they come in, when you get to the game figure out what colour they're using and use that one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You didn't hear it from me, but the cheer squads drive a car and enclosed trailer into the players car park 3 hours before every game to bring in the flags, banner etc.

I doubt they keep a close eye on their pass outs so you could probably just pickpocket that before they drive in.
Instructions unclear, stole car and left mcg

It can be done, even in large groups.

Apparently back in the late 90's, say 1999, the whole Carlton team snuck into the gf.

Granted, they set everything up the week before, but it can be done :)

* sorry if joke has been done before, not reading through 50 pages to check

How about doing a bomb hoax? The amount of prevailing panic and running out of the stadium will give you an infinite amount of chances to sneak in.
Only way a bomb hoax would work if a Payphone was used. Even then you're still an idiot for trying. Surely more conventional, less-than-completely illegal ways exist. e.g. getting a while group of mates to rush the gates, or pretending to deliver something. Those suggestions aren't as illegal as a bomb hoax, just frowned upon like masturbating on an aeroplane.
LOL what do you mean a bomb hoax might work? A bomb hoax would result in a mass evacuation and cancellation of the game. No one is watching the GF that day if you manage to convince someone theres actually a bomb planted.

Mate from work is a big Hawks fan and reckons he got in last year with the following simple technique.

Rock up to the ground an hour early, walk around the outside going to every few security guards and say "ive got a 50 in my hand thats yours if you walk me in". Says the first few laughed and said no, one or two were smart asses saying theyd call the cops but around the 8th bloke he asked shook his hand, pocketted the money grabbed him by the arm, walked to one of the staff entrances scanned him in then released him into the crowd and walked back out without saying a word. The key is to look for those people who dont give a s**t about their job and are happy to make an extra 50 that day at work.

Contigancy plan: walk to the nearest pub 10 minutes before the game and spend the 50 on beer watching the game there. Its a win win situation and $50 for a standing room ticket at the last minute isnt bad.

Fair enough. Been through a few bomb hoaxes in my life when I was at school a family friend would get off on it. I doubt the gf
Would get cancelled though? Surely a few grand finals have had people ring up etc. weirdos get off on that stuff.

If they think there's any chance there's a bomb in the MCG they're not going to let the game go ahead until they search the whole stadium, which would take a long time.

Apply to work for the MCG, get rostered on for Grand Final Day, get entry into stadium, then get changed in casual gear and watch the match.

Would require some leg work during the year though and you are guaranteed to lose the job and a chance to do it next year. might have to wear some disguise nose glasses to aviod dedection from workmates.

Apply to work for the MCG, get rostered on for Grand Final Day, get entry into stadium, then get changed in casual gear and watch the match.

Would require some leg work during the year though and you are guaranteed to lose the job and a chance to do it next year. might have to wear some disguise nose glasses to aviod dedection from workmates.
I should have done this when I worked there, the last game I worked at was the 2012 grand final. The good thing was though we all made sure everything was tidied and locked up as soon as the fourth quarter started and I was changed and watching the last twenty minutes of what was the greatest show of Hawthorn misery I've seen...and even then I got paid for it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back