So, who's off to Sydney next week?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll be there. Got my plane tickets last night while sitting in the Southern Stand after the game. Managed to beat some of the price rises but am leaving at the crack of dawn on Friday.

Word of warning when buying tickets for the game - check the stadium map carefully before committing to tickets. The categories they put the seats in are all wrong (probably bsaed on rugby seating rather than AFL). Some of the bronze seats are much better than the silver, even some of the gold. In other places the platinum seats are no better than the gold etc.

I'm using this as my guide;

http://www.anzstadium.com.au/Libraries/Seating Maps ALL events/2012_AFL_Final_Series_Seating_CategoryMap.sflb

I'll be happy to get anything for the Bronze price near the goals on the bottom level.:)

... They can piss in my complimentary soup if they like. Just please guys, get me there on time!

Complementary soup you reckon?

The only thing complementary you'll be getting is oxygen!

Yep, so excited! Always love going to Sydney. Leaving crack of dawn Friday like others.

I'm only an MCC member so need to wait until Tuesday for tickets, but I should be able to get seats that aren't completely horrible, right?

Just managing your expectations here Pera ...

This bloke flew Tiger airways and was so disgruntled that he wrote a song about it. I know one of the guys referred to in the song.

Oh, and also my CEO flew with them recently (modest bloke, bless him) and was so appalled about the service he sent a mail out to the whole company warning us against flying with them.
I have seen Dale Watson twice at the Cherry Bar his last 2 times out here. Last time he sang his Tiger airways song in an effort to win anti TA support. He and his band put on a great show.

You'd think Pie In The Sky Travel would organise a package where they charter a plane and have a fleet of coaches waiting in Sydney to drive supporters directly to the game.
They are releasing packages tomorrow, but don't expect them to be cheap, never booked with them because it's been so much cheaper to book everything else on my own.

if you want a membership number let me know.
Thanks for the offer mate, but I'll just wait until Tuesday. My fellow travellers and I are a bit too paranoid about whether they will check for membership up there or not (very rare in Melbourne from what I know).

Does anyone know if the club is organizing buses from here to Sydney just for Collingwood fans.

I'm using this as my guide;

http://www.anzstadium.com.au/Libraries/Seating Maps ALL events/2012_AFL_Final_Series_Seating_CategoryMap.sflb

I'll be happy to get anything for the Bronze price near the goals on the bottom level.:)

Yeah, those bronze seats are probably the best value. You can see from the map that the silver seats are almost exclusively stuck in the pockets, so they are probably worse than the cheaper bronze seats. And the gold seats at each end of the ground are not really in a separate tier, just higher up because of the rake. So you are effectively further from the action than the cheap bronze seats.

And the platinum ones on the wing (401-412) are nowhere near as good as being on the second or third levels in the Southern Stand at the G, they are more comparable to being near the front of the top deck at the G. So while they are ok they're not worth paying $90 more than getting behind the goals with a bronze seat. I've never sat in the other platinum area (317-321) so can't comment on the seats there but they don't look particularly special for the crazy price. If you're not concerned about price I'd go for the 105-1 to 110-1 platinum seats.

If you're a club or AFL member you are guaranteed a seat as it's not going to sell out in the priority period tomorrow so I'm going to try out the different categories to see what they offer me before committing. I reckon I'll end up in the bronze section.

There's also an interactive seating plan with photos here:

http://www.anzstadium.com.au/Events/SeatingPlan/InteractiveSeatingPlan.aspx

however the photos show the rugby configuration so it's not 100% reliable for proper football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the offer mate, but I'll just wait until Tuesday. My fellow travellers and I are a bit too paranoid about whether they will check for membership up there or not (very rare in Melbourne from what I know).

Fwiw you can buy 6 tickets with one membership this week.

You won't get checked as you will have the tickets.

My brother, mate and I are driving up on early Friday morning and staying the weekend. Anybody got an idea for what we can do on Saturday?

I actually have to travel for work and happens so that I'm working in Sydney this weekend :)

Perfect scenario!

179 to Sydney and 109 back. I booked as I was walking out of the MCG. Was ready at 3/4 time. Prices will sky rocket.
I took a chance and booked my flights and accomodation Friday afternoon with Tiger Airlines , before we played Saturday night against the Eagles . Got flights up there for i think $70 and $50 to come back Saturday night .

Tickets bought. In the ANZ stadium members due to their reciprocal arrangement with the MCC, so hopefully there will a few other Collingwood supporting MCC members making the trip up!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back