Southern FL Div One 2015

Who will win the SFL Div 1 Flag in 2015

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I would be worried about a lot of the other clubs with so many new coaches coming on next year
Dingley
East Brighton .... New Coach
East Malvern
St Pauls ... New Coach
Mordialloc ???
Clayton
Bentleigh
Cheltenham... New Coach
St Kilda City ....New Coach
Oakliegh Districts

It is actually a positive sign. New coaches tend to provide an infusion of new ideas and recruits. 2016 promises to be an interesting season.[/QUOTE]

i'm not sure it is a positive sign. if EB, St Pauls, Mordi, Chelt and SKC all change coaches, not only does that mean half the Div 1 clubs have changed coaches in 1 off season, that would also mean Morwood would be the only Div 1 coach who is still coaching his team from 2013 (OD, Bent and Clay all had 1st year Coaches this season, EM Coach I think in 2nd year). and when you consider that no coach in Div 2 would have coached his side in the same period, it's a massive turnover. that's 19 out of 20 coaches in 2016 in either their 1st, 2nd or 3rd seasons....

I would be worried about a lot of the other clubs with so many new coaches coming on next year
Dingley
East Brighton .... New Coach
East Malvern
St Pauls ... New Coach
Mordialloc ???
Clayton
Bentleigh
Cheltenham... New Coach
St Kilda City ....New Coach
Oakliegh Districts

It is actually a positive sign. New coaches tend to provide an infusion of new ideas and recruits. 2016 promises to be an interesting season.[/QUOTE]

Why did the East Brighton coach leave?

It is actually a positive sign. New coaches tend to provide an infusion of new ideas and recruits. 2016 promises to be an interesting season.

i'm not sure it is a positive sign. if EB, St Pauls, Mordi, Chelt and SKC all change coaches, not only does that mean half the Div 1 clubs have changed coaches in 1 off season, that would also mean Morwood would be the only Div 1 coach who is still coaching his team from 2013 (OD, Bent and Clay all had 1st year Coaches this season, EM Coach I think in 2nd year). and when you consider that no coach in Div 2 would have coached his side in the same period, it's a massive turnover. that's 19 out of 20 coaches in 2016 in either their 1st, 2nd or 3rd seasons....[/QUOTE]

interestingly, heard from reliable source last night that Morwood has resigned, can you confirm or deny ?

It is actually a positive sign. New coaches tend to provide an infusion of new ideas and recruits. 2016 promises to be an interesting season.

i'm not sure it is a positive sign. if EB, St Pauls, Mordi, Chelt and SKC all change coaches, not only does that mean half the Div 1 clubs have changed coaches in 1 off season, that would also mean Morwood would be the only Div 1 coach who is still coaching his team from 2013 (OD, Bent and Clay all had 1st year Coaches this season, EM Coach I think in 2nd year). and when you consider that no coach in Div 2 would have coached his side in the same period, it's a massive turnover. that's 19 out of 20 coaches in 2016 in either their 1st, 2nd or 3rd seasons.

How is that a bad thing? It's not like clubs are appointing the first person who put up their hand to coach. Clubs are trying to improve and this is part of the evolution.

i'm not sure it is a positive sign. if EB, St Pauls, Mordi, Chelt and SKC all change coaches, not only does that mean half the Div 1 clubs have changed coaches in 1 off season, that would also mean Morwood would be the only Div 1 coach who is still coaching his team from 2013 (OD, Bent and Clay all had 1st year Coaches this season, EM Coach I think in 2nd year). and when you consider that no coach in Div 2 would have coached his side in the same period, it's a massive turnover. that's 19 out of 20 coaches in 2016 in either their 1st, 2nd or 3rd seasons.

How is that a bad thing? It's not like clubs are appointing the first person who put up their hand to coach. Clubs are trying to improve and this is part of the evolution.

I'm not saying changing coaches is a bad thing, I'm asking if changing THAT MANY Coaches is. Sometimes players and clubs need a bit of continuity. It seems these days that most Coaches coach one club for no more than 2-3 years Max. and even less for Reserves.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are people's thoughts on points system coming in for 2016. I notice that East Malvern had 3 players in the top 10 league best and fairest, all attracting an extra point due to not being home grown
St kilda city had 2 players.
Is 50 points too high, low or just right?

Back