Southern FNL Div One 2016

Who will win the SFNL Div 1 Flag in 2016

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It is a really bad look for Div1 if a team is getting smashed by 30 goals and their seconds have to forfeit. The League went through that a few years ago with Heatherton. The SFL has a very strong Div 2 competition. It should ask if any club is willing to come up. I would be surprised if any club took up the offer, but there may one willing to do what Caulfield a few years ago and they seem to have benefitted from that courageous act. At the very least EB would continue to play and it would allow them to regroup as a club.

Good post. And if only 1 side nominates to go up, that they can be relegated in that year. I guess for that to be successful the team going up would have to perform better than the team going down. Interesting one!!

Did Port Colts decide to play div2 or did they want to go straight to div1. This could also be your answer if the Colts wanted to play div1. It's a bit late into pre season to be changing your plans but who knows.

Will east brighton be worse than a top 5 div 3 side?

Amazing....East Brighton have played in 4 grand finals for 2 wins and a prelim in the last 5 seasons.....Now people are talking (rightly or wrongly) that they should, before the season has started, drop down to Div 2.....if they do finish last this season, will this be one of the biggest falls from grace seen in the SFL???

Springvale Districts (Div 2 SFL) are looking for a practice match for either Friday April 1st (NIGHT) or Saturday April 2nd (DAY)

Seniors & Reserves. @ our ground

Please send any enquiries to 0423 332 068

Cheers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clayton supposedly smashed theirs today, according to their Facebook atleast
You'd expect that as Korrumburra only won 1 game last year in the Alberton league which isn't as strong as it used to be.
Oakleigh Dist beating Doveton really surprises me. Looks like districts will be more than just competitive this year

Any other practice match results?

Personally don’t put all that much emphasis on practice games but Cheltenham must be a little concerned that they got pushed aside quite easily by a D grade ammo team last weekend. And this was from a club has been stuck in the lower VAFA ranks for a decade and finished mid table last year.

Better result for Mordi yesterday knocking over a VAFA B grade club, albeit one that is tipped to struggle. Solid result for the dingoes against a strong MPNFL club. YCW have dominated that comp for a few years now.

St Pauls only bothering with one pre-season game which seems a bit strange.

And thats how you should leave it Billy. Personnel available often dictates result so result means nothing. Zero.

Fair enough Super. While matches between different leagues can be of some interest I accept that at best they are a guide. You must have had plenty missing otherwise it would be a cause for at least some mild concern.

Back