Analysis Stadium deals - what, how, when - why we need a new one and the SA footy paradigm shift happening

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope the SANFL put a bit of thought into their last minute Christmas present to the AFL clubs...

christmas-dalmatian-puppies.jpg

Day 159 - Just in time.. o_O

The SANFL channeling Ferris Bueller - Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

JUST RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM THE CLUB!!!!!

"We'd like to inform you that your member pack and card is currently being processed and can be expected to arrive in approximately 10-14 working days." ;)
As Ted Bullpitt (Kingswood Country) would say, "Somebody should blow Grave Danger up." :)

They surely wouldn't announce anything at this time of year would they?

I would've preferred to hear that the all out and united attack on the SANFL was going to start stage 1.

The whole structure of SA footy needs to change, not just some wallpaper over the cracks. Just as I said when the AO rebuild was confirmed, AO will never be our saviour if we are constantly weighed down by the SANFL. We need the SANFL to restructure spending and become more self sufficient. Alternatively the funding across all states for junior development needs to be equalized through a central body like the AFL with every club, even the Vic clubs contributing evenly cause our current levels of contribution to the SANFL (versus the levels of funding from Geelong for example) are way too massive, and are resulting in a very uneven playing field when it comes to total AFL club revenue

Last edited:
yeah it's a weird time to expect something. i doubt we'll ever get the announcement that some seem to think we could get.. "hey Australia, here it finally is, the cold hard figures proving once and for all that you've been right and we've been pulling the wool over everyones eyes".. that's not how they play the game is it..

Yep. It was a turning point in negotiations. It wasn't KT alone though, I hear all parties were going to publicly distance themselves from the SANFL.

Nothing in the Media, no whispers on the radio, nothing on social media.. something tells me this is a hoax o_O

The media would be informed and lining up for the 'breaking news' if it was to be today!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha. Yes I'm toey about putting my balls on the line again, but not toey at all about the mail (should've been announced today, so not sure why not).

To weed out a leak ;)

Ha. Yes I'm toey about putting my balls on the line again, but not toey at all about the mail (should've been announced today, so not sure why not). We are in a great place with the outcome that's been reached - you won't be disappointed.

It's probably been signed, but they are waiting for Olsen to get back from New York so he can have his stupid face in the presser.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back