Moved Thread Stat's inability to run up hills

Remove this Banner Ad

Kummerspeck

Cancelled
Pokemon is Life
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
As I've put on record I'm pretty against the Buddy deal so if another poster says something similar - regardless of the club they support - I'm obviously going to agree with them.

You would have been the first to become a Kapo when the chance came.

You would have been the first to become a Kapo when the chance came.

I presume your mucking around and I don't actually get uptight and offended by the Kapo comment, but again the criticism of SM is unfair. Its not my job to defend him, im not sure how serious you are being, but there aren't many more passionate swans fans, if he occasionally disagrees with the club so be it, but he is a knowledgeable loyal fan putting in hard work on here and on the show, so if you are seriously having a go at him, think twice, he doesn't deserve it

Rant over

That might be taking it a step too far.
I presume your mucking around and I don't actually get uptight and offended by the Kapo comment, but again the criticism of SM is unfair.
All joking about Stat's clear deference to populism and inability to run up hills aside, when the podcast was essentially a spoken main-board style circle jerk making numbers up on the spot, reciting second hand twitter rumours as a basis of fact, and attempting to read the minds of players, I'd have liked to think anyone who put their hands up to give a swans perspective would offer the opinion that perhaps the apocalypse wasn't occurring.

All joking about Stat's clear deference to populism and inability to run up hills aside, when the podcast was essentially a spoken main-board style circle jerk making numbers up on the spot, reciting second hand twitter rumours as a basis of fact, and attempting to read the minds of players, I'd have liked to think anyone who put their hands up to give a swans perspective would offer the opinion that perhaps the apocalypse wasn't occurring.

Ahh now it all makes sense.

I was asked to go on the mainboard podcast, I didn't put my hand up.

I was asked to go on the mainboard podcast, I didn't put my hand up.

Just minding your own business and then one day a van rocked up, put a sack over your head and dragged you into the studio?

Just minding your own business and then one day a van rocked up, put a sack over your head and dragged you into the studio?

Not really sure what you're getting at? I was asked on to give my opinion, and that's what I did. You can disagree with my opinion, that's fine, but don't criticise me for not toeing the Swans line.

In regards to the Kapo remark, thankfully I'm not too sensitive about my roots, but given circumstances surrounding mine, and other's family history, it's probably not the best remark to make.

All joking about Stat's clear deference to populism and inability to run up hills aside

Some of the Kapos were nasty pieces of work, though.

Last edited:
Not really sure what you're getting at? I was asked on to give my opinion, and that's what I did. You can disagree with my opinion, that's fine, but don't criticise me for not toeing the Swans line.

So you were selected entirely at random with no outside factors influencing the choice to give your opinion on a matter relating to the Swans?

Well then, all criticism on your inability to point out obvious flaws in the circle jerk withdrawn.

So you were selected entirely at random with no outside factors influencing the choice to give your opinion on a matter relating to the Swans?

Well then, all criticism on your inability to point out obvious flaws in the circle jerk withdrawn.

I think you and I were listening to different podcasts if you thought that in any way resembled a 'circle jerk'. Questions related to how Buddy would fit into the Swans structure, whether the deal was good list management etc. Not one other cast member went into a COLA-induced rage, no one even mentioned it from memory, apart from saying that this spelt the end of it, which it more than likely does.

I was selected because I've been on it several times in the past, and evidently they rate my point of view as decent enough to be included. Not sure what else you're trying to suggest?

Is the thread title really necessary? :(

Aw, come on. It's silly season, you have to let the mods have a bit of fun too! :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

=
I was selected because I've been on it several times in the past, and evidently they rate my point of view as decent enough to be included. Not sure what else you're trying to suggest?

Ah, it becomes clear. You were a patsy.

Ah, it becomes clear. You were a patsy.

Nah, if they'd wanted a patsy, they would have chosen Vonn. On her last appearance she confessed to not even knowing who was playing in the other Semi-Final, so surely would have been very easy to confuse.

I presume your mucking around and I don't actually get uptight and offended by the Kapo comment, but again the criticism of SM is unfair. Its not my job to defend him, im not sure how serious you are being, but there aren't many more passionate swans fans, if he occasionally disagrees with the club so be it, but he is a knowledgeable loyal fan putting in hard work on here and on the show, so if you are seriously having a go at him, think twice, he doesn't deserve it

Rant over

I think its very sweet you sticking up for Stat all the time.. :hearts:

Whats the matter Stat, what are you talking about?

Just saying that if he only occasionally responds to people having a crack at me, it'll still mean he's doing it pretty regularly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back