Stop, I want to get off

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Have to say that for the first time in my life, if a federal election were held tomorrow I think I'd genuinely cast a donkey vote.

I just have zero interest in participating in this democratic "system".

We have two parties, neither has any polices, neither has any vision or leadership. They just make populist slogans, no matter how contradictory they are, and the other side just opposes because they're the opposition.

I can't think of a federal government in the past 10 years in this country that I'd want to vote for. I may vote for the opposition just to get rid of the government, but before long they're just as bad a government as that which they replaced. Shorten will be the same I think. He's got nothing to say except to oppose things - including things the ALP introduced in government!

The other option of course is a minor party or an independent. But I'd be reluctant there because the vote just ends up being for one of he major parties via preferences. And even if by miracle one of them wins, I think they'd just trade everything for a few minor wins and then basically become a defacto member of the govt, voting with them on everything else.

Nobody has a vision for our economy, which is a huge issue and in transition now, or the environment, or education, or fixing this campaigner of a tax system, or sustainable population growth and associated infrastructure. There's no leadership anywhere.

My participation is via my vote and I really have no interest in being a part of it. Anybody else feel the same?

“If you are bored and disgusted by politics and don't bother to vote, you are in effect voting for the entrenched Establishments of the two major parties, who please rest assured are not dumb, and who are keenly aware that it is in their interests to keep you disgusted and bored and cynical and to give you every possible reason to stay at home doing one-hitters and watching MTV on primary day. By all means stay home if you want, but don't bullshit yourself that you're not voting. In reality, there is no such thing as not voting: you either vote by voting, or you vote by staying home and tacitly doubling the value of some Diehard's vote.”

― David Foster Wallace, Up, Simba!

I've been writing things like "you have nice ****'" on the lower house ballot paper for over a decade. i vote on the senate though, i put all the racist self interest groups last, liberals/one nation/pup/nationals/motoring enthusiasts/xenphon/katter Australia party ect..

I do share the sentiment to a large extent Bunk. We are forced to vote for the lesser of two evils constantly.

ALP like a variation of GST but campaign against it when Libs want to introduce it. Libs like a variation of carbon tax but campaign against it when ALP introduce it.

In Qld Libs were quoted as saying that leasing assets is the same as selling them when in opposition now they are leasing them. The only flip flop I can entertain is Labor being against selling assets in Qld now, because they were decimated at the polls for doing just that. The LNP campaign calls it hypocrisy, ALP rightfully call it learning from their mistakes and listening to the voters.

I've been writing things like "you have nice ****'" on the lower house ballot paper for over a decade. i vote on the senate though, i put all the racist self interest groups last, liberals/one nation/pup/nationals/motoring enthusiasts/xenphon/katter Australia party ect..
I write, Gay Power, Black Power and Horse Power at Council elections.

I don't get why it's thought of as suddenly the cool thing to do to vote informal. It's idiots that hate the major parties but then vote informal that reinforce the major parties' hold on power.

Every person that would've voted for a minor party or independent above the majors but who votes informal instead means the minor party needs a greater % of the remaining vote than they otherwise would have. Of course your preferred candidate also gets less public funding than they would if you vote formal and for them making it harder for minor parties and independents to run competitive campaigns.

In short if you hate the major parties and vote informal because of it you're being an ignorant moron who's helping the major parties. If you vote informal because "they're both as bad as each other" you're being an ignorant moron who's helping the major parties. And if you can't be bothered choosing the lesser of 2 evils you're being an ignorant moron who's helping the major parties.

The only way to remove the major parties is to vote them out. Voting informal hinders that from happening.

I don't get why it's thought of as suddenly the cool thing to do to vote informal. It's idiots that hate the major parties but then vote informal that reinforce the major parties' hold on power.

Every person that would've voted for a minor party or independent above the majors but who votes informal instead means the minor party needs a greater % of the remaining vote than they otherwise would have. Of course your preferred candidate also gets less public funding than they would if you vote formal and for them making it harder for minor parties and independents to run competitive campaigns.

In short if you hate the major parties and vote informal because of it you're being an ignorant moron who's helping the major parties. If you vote informal because "they're both as bad as each other" you're being an ignorant moron who's helping the major parties. And if you can't be bothered choosing the lesser of 2 evils you're being an ignorant moron who's helping the major parties.

The only way to remove the major parties is to vote them out. Voting informal hinders that from happening.
I only do it at Council elections.
Despite the fact that I live in a very strong Labor seat (Federally and State), I still like to think that my vote counts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does that mean that you vote for the Greens?

Does that mean that you vote for the Greens?

No, I tend to put lab high up in my senate preferences because they have policy that addresses the future of our children, health, education, environment, economy. They are not a self interest group like the current gov who are lining the pockets of rich outdated old men and women. If I wanted I could join the lab and be part of the process that decides policy and direction. Because I am not rich, because I am not racist, there is no process inside the liberal party I could be part of.

the greens?

you know the song Khe sanh? The line, ' sod my soul with my cigarettes to the black market man" Greens under the last leader sold thier arse to corrupt democracy for a shot being a third party, have been overrun by feminists publicizing hate speech towards men.

No, I tend to put lab high up in my senate preferences because they have policy that addresses the future of our children, health, education, environment, economy. They are not a self interest group like the current gov who are lining the pockets of rich outdated old men and women. If I wanted I could join the lab and be part of the process that decides policy and direction. Because I am not rich, because I am not racist, there is no process inside the liberal party I could be part of.

the greens?

you know the song Khe sanh? The line, ' sod my soul with my cigarettes to the black market man" Greens under the last leader sold thier arse to corrupt democracy for a shot being a third party, have been overrun by feminists publicizing hate speech towards men.

And whining bitches like SHY.

I'm an ignorant moron.

And whining bitches like SHY.
She's been given immigration, she's not a politician, has no grounding other than a few years at uni meetings in McDonalds restaurants, its hard for her.

Its the Queensland senators you need to worry about.

Well if you're voting informal you're making it harder to get rid of the major parties which is apparently what you're trying to do. I'd say that's pretty ignorant and moronic.
What and vote for the islamaphobe xenaphon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back