Stop the boats. 5k a head. (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At a time like this, more than ever, I'm glad Tony Abbott is no longer PM.

Of course you would.

This is why:

Thus does the Prime Minister of Australia signal to the multi billion dollar criminal international people smuggling syndicates that he is a soft touch and Australia might be open for business again. Fairfax Media, ABC and Sky News all fall about in a swoon.
Cue Gough.

All his dreams come true.

Of course you would.

This is why:

Thus does the Prime Minister of Australia signal to the multi billion dollar criminal international people smuggling syndicates that he is a soft touch and Australia might be open for business again. Fairfax Media, ABC and Sky News all fall about in a swoon.
Cue Gough.

All his dreams come true.
I seriously don't get you, this is such a tragic time for many in Paris, and you want to score political points.
Is that all you care about?

Those who want the boats back, sign up here.

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2015/s4351791.htm

Fazel Chegeni had been found to have a legitimate asylum claim but he was being held on Christmas Island after being convicted over a brawl four years ago that lasted less than a minute.

Interesting report for those that think the policy is working. Another senseless death.

Fazel Chegeni denied bridging visa after conviction for fight in detention

Iranian refugee found dead after escaping on Christmas Island one of four men found guilty of ‘vicious, sustained but short’ assault on fellow detainee in 2011

We don't allow vicious criminals in!

I seriously don't get you, this is such a tragic time for many in Paris, and you want to score political points.
Is that all you care about?

With the hardening of community attitudes it will sway EU governments to toughen up and the flow with slow. These migrants will look elsewhere.
It's easy to google how Australia is the "Lucky Country" built on the hard work of British empire citizens.

Fazel Chegeni denied bridging visa after conviction for fight in detention

Iranian refugee found dead after escaping on Christmas Island one of four men found guilty of ‘vicious, sustained but short’ assault on fellow detainee in 2011

We don't allow vicious criminals in!
Did you see what happened? Maybe you would just sit there if you were hit with a plate in your face. If so you are more tolerant that me or Fazel.

You would not put yourself in that position in the first place.
You obviously haven't even bothered to view the vision. By saying that I wouldn't be in the position of sitting down to eat, you are wrong, I do it every day.
Why don't you take a couple of minutes and fully inform yourself of his situation before you comment?
I will give you a clue, Magistrate originally gave him six months which was overturned on appeal but the conviction remained on record.
Magistrate was criticised and she is now no longer in the job.
Also remember he was classified as a genuine refugee.
But please continue to make your own case but I am not interested.

You obviously haven't even bothered to view the vision. By saying that I wouldn't be in the position of sitting down to eat, you are wrong, I do it every day.
Why don't you take a couple of minutes and fully inform yourself of his situation before you comment?
I will give you a clue, Magistrate originally gave him six months which was overturned on appeal but the conviction remained on record.
Magistrate was criticised and she is now no longer in the job.
Also remember he was classified as a genuine refugee.
But please continue to make your own case but I am not interested.

So it is a woman's fault he is dead?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At a time like this, more than ever, I'm glad Tony Abbott is no longer PM.

Odd thing to say given he has just been proven right with respect to immigration.

Remember the domino theory? That worked well.

China, North Korea, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia.

Yep there was nothing too that theory.

At least the Indos weren't communist though, thus Gough's actions in letting them massacre the Timorese gets a free pass. What a grub he was.

Got ya-so you don't live in London?

Yes I do. However to compare someone temporarily living in London and contributing heftily to HMRC with mass migration of poorly skilled illegal immigrants who will have be far more likely to be unemployed, involved in crime etc than the general population (and get a right to family reunion) is utterly absurd.

The absence of logic by the apologists on here is truly amazing

Yes I do. However to compare someone temporarily living in London and contributing heftily to HMRC with mass migration of poorly skilled illegal immigrants who will have be far more likely to be unemployed, involved in crime etc than the general population (and get a right to family reunion) is utterly absurd.

The absence of logic by the apologists on here is truly amazing
Its not about all your justifications for why you are a 'good migrant'.
Its about the global nature of the world and quite frankly, a person living in Syria, has a far greater need to choose to live elsewhere than you do.
Most migrants enrich a community, simple as that.

Its about the global nature of the world and quite frankly, a person living in Syria, has a far greater need to choose to live elsewhere than you do..

Its not about NEED, its about what is good for the country. Why should anyone get to choose what country they go to? I can live in other countries because I can benefit them, that's an entirely logical proposition.

Most migrants enrich a community, simple as that.

Simply not true. Highly skilled migrants do, non skilled ones typically don't.

So why take the latter instead of the former?

Its not about NEED, its about what is good for the country. Why should anyone get to choose what country they go to? I can live in other countries because I can benefit them, that's an entirely logical proposition.

Coz their kids end up being the former, Ol' chap

Of course its about need also.
Your sole criteria seems to be based on what is good for the country in economic terms and that is a limited view.
As far as I can see the Italian migrants, Greek, Vietnamese refugees etc have enriched Australia greatly-all unskilled?

Typical of your selfish attitude to everything. Its all about what you can get out of something.

We are a global citizen. There are people in Syria that have a real and pressing need to be resettled. Their skills should not be a factor in any decision, only the likelihood of their persecution in their current situation (or whether they present a threat to our safety and security).

Typical of your selfish attitude to everything. Its all about what you can get out of something.).

Comprehension Fail. Its whats good for the country, not the individual ie illegal immigrants.

We are a global citizen

Meaningless phrase inserted due to lack of argument.

Their skills should not be a factor in any decision, only the likelihood of their persecution in their current situation (or whether they present a threat to our safety and security

And how will that be figured out when there are fake Syrian passports and illegal immigrants without documentation?

As far as I can see the Italian migrants, Greek, Vietnamese refugees etc have enriched Australia greatly-all unskilled?

Define enriched. Refugees in the last 30/40 years have much worse economic outcomes than the general population. Given that how do they "enrich" Australia? Would you argue that Arab migration has "enriched" France?

Your sole criteria seems to be based on what is good for the country in economic terms and that is a limited view

You can have both. We take only skilled migrants from UN camps. win/win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back