Stop the boats. 5k a head. (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so if you're just going to troll I'm going to put you on the ignore list next time. Just a warning.
i was replying to you, and if you check the maoist insurgency is in far north areas of India where the indigenous tribal areas are, and is rather limited. wasn't trolling just correcting impression you gave India had a major maoist insurgency. i will leave it at that

i was replying to you, and if you check the maoist insurgency is in far north areas of India where the indigenous tribal areas are, and is rather limited. wasn't trolling just correcting impression you gave India had a major maoist insurgency. i will leave it at that

Sorry, if you actually knew what you're talking about I'd be happy to discuss it with you. But you've spent about 3 seconds googling (and got it wrong) and you've ignored the vast bulk of my post. My assessment is that you have no excuse for thinking the insurgency is limited. That kind of ignorance is either deliberate or breathtaking. Last warning.

How is that a contradiction to be critical of both India and Cambodia on practical grounds as well as legal grounds?
Because it is incredibly an example of having your cake and eating it too in regards to try and justify the supposed failings of the Asylum seeker system currently operating. There is no agreeance to the treaty in India yet Tamils have good rights. Yet apparently the reason which people including yourself bitch that the government is not being proper by dealing with non signatories is then completely thrown out the window when they deal with a country which has ratified the treaty.

Because it is incredibly an example of having your cake and eating it too in regards to try and justify the supposed failings of the Asylum seeker system currently operating. There is no agreeance to the treaty in India yet Tamils have good rights. Yet apparently the reason which people including yourself bitch that the government is not being proper by dealing with non signatories is then completely thrown out the window when they deal with a country which has ratified the treaty.

Tamils from Sri Lanka don't have good rights, they have no rights. I also gave reason for why Cambodia isn't safe in reality for refugees (even asylum seekers within Cambodia are protesting about Australia sending more there because of the conditions they face).

You ignored that part of my last post, you are welcome to address it.

Well why wouldn't someone be critical of something that's anti-asylum seeker?

Its like being anti-puppies.

What a ridiculous post, now your saying India is unsafe, its one of the few democratic countries in the region, it has problems but which country wouldn't with over a billion citizens. I wondered why other forum members seemed to single your posts to have a go at, now i know why.
Source? At least when I commented, I provided a link and yours are?

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-po...ekers-its-your-own-fault-20141001-10ot16.html
"Look, I'm neutral on government policy, regardless of what shade the government of the day happens to be," he said.

But when asked about recent reports of self harm on Christmas Island, Mr Haase replied: "Well there would be no self harm in the centre if they hadn't gotten on a leaky boat and paid thousands of dollars to be there".

Do you feel the love?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't vote for either major party in 2007 so yet another strike for your sterotyping.
Just a question mate. If you didn't vote for KRudd you were in a distinct minority. Do you have any pattern to your voting? I don't mind stating that I'm historically an ALP voter but not since 2007. They say an informal vote is a wasted privilege, but I'm comfortable that no matter which way I vote in the lower house I'm not going to find anyone who even remotely represents my interests. I only care about seeing diversity in the upper house from people who don't represent the 2PP status quo.

World was changed a lot. If we must bring in people why not be a little selective?
There's being 'a little selective' and then there's, um, where we're at. Which of the multitude of ethnicities currently represented in Australia would you have 'selectively' refused?

I used to remember when we were a tolerant and compassionate society, now we fit nicely in between Russia and China.
We are we just don't feel we should take queue jumpers and economic refugees.

Just a question mate. If you didn't vote for KRudd you were in a distinct minority. Do you have any pattern to your voting? I don't mind stating that I'm historically an ALP voter but not since 2007. They say an informal vote is a wasted privilege, but I'm comfortable that no matter which way I vote in the lower house I'm not going to find anyone who even remotely represents my interests. I only care about seeing diversity in the upper house from people who don't represent the 2PP status quo.

There's being 'a little selective' and then there's, um, where we're at. Which of the multitude of ethnicities currently represented in Australia would you have 'selectively' refused?

Lower house voting has been pointless for me for some time. Hence why I don't bother. I tend to make more interest in the upper house voting at both a state and federal level.

Voted LDP at the last federal election and the Hemp party at the state level.

I would select immigrants based on their skills and their ability to contribute economically. Why would ethnicity even enter into it?

Not everything is a race issue.

Last edited:
The billowing smoke signals that eminates from activist affiliated groups is almost inquiry worthy.

More than once now......from high ranking people across both recent federal governments, have raised concerns over the conduct of refugee advocate groups.

The billowing smoke signals that eminates from activist affiliated groups is almost inquiry worthy.

More than once now......from high ranking people across both recent federal governments, have raised concerns over the conduct of refugee advocate groups.

Save the Children are not activists or activist affiliated by any measure. One of the most respected humanitarian organisations in the world in fact and has been for decades (must be getting close to their 100 year anniversary actually).

You really need to be less ignorant about stuff if you want to avoid these mistakes.

Save the Children are not activists or activist affiliated by any measure. One of the most respected humanitarian organisations in the world in fact and has been for decades (must be getting close to their 100 year anniversary actually).

You really need to be less ignorant about stuff if you want to avoid these mistakes.
Their conduct's completely questionable in this situation.

Not good

Attachments

• 10646994_705618759528775_7057911227969616259_n.jpg
    10646994_705618759528775_7057911227969616259_n.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back