Stop the boats. 5k a head. (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have a good point that we probably aren't getting our money's worth.

But it's still hardly a torture chamber just because there's a bit of rust on the mirror.

Yet a tangent that you felt worthy of derailing the thread for the purposes of deflection until you got pulled up on it.

No-one is saying torture chamber, just some humanity would be nice.

Yet a tangent that you felt worthy of derailing the thread for the purposes of deflection until you got pulled up on it.

No-one is saying torture chamber, just some humanity would be nice.

Actually, people were literally saying torture chamber.

If you're not drowning, you certainly are waving frantically.

Not my fault you haven't read the thread.

People were literally saying that keeping people in detention was torture, and the photos of the toilets were meant to back up that view.

Did you not leave your 5 star hotel in Malaysia?

Malaysian toilets are worse than Thailand's.

Penang airport's are some of the most disgusting I've ever used.
Actually stayed with friends mostly, sorry wrong still. Try harder next time.

If this is true, Morrison has well and truly gone full Mugabe. The guy is a dangerous menace. Not sure if paranoid, ego maniacal psychopaths are first choice for dealing with medical crisis.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-...ralia-response-to-deadly-ebola-threat/5834680
The ABC has been told Mr Morrison wants his Operation Sovereign Borders team to take control of Australia's response to the deadly virus, with new powers to force visitors from West Africa to be isolated in quarantine.

The nation's state and federal chief medical officers are meeting today to discuss the response.

It comes as foreign affairs officials confirm both the United States and the United Kingdom have asked Australia to send medical support teams to West Africa.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-...ralia-response-to-deadly-ebola-threat/5834680

If this is true, Morrison has well and truly gone full Mugabe. The guy is a dangerous menace. Not sure if paranoid, ego maniacal psychopaths are first choice for dealing with medical crisis.

Just said it in another thread...

This is the same Scott Morrison who LITERALLY BELIEVES IN:

a.) The ability of his pastor to channel the "power of God" to enable a "faith healing".

b.) Speaks in tongues and believes that this is an expression of the "holy spirit" working through him

c.) Miracles

d.) Angels

e.) all sorts of other weird, evangelical bullshit

THAT Scott Morrison??

I can't understand how he can be so cruel and downright dishonest as a government minister, then claim genuine spiritual bonafides.

I suppose it's just a front, I mean if they didn't use religion as a shield it would both undermine their support, and frankly reveal them as ideologically naked, power hungry psychopaths. There is some weird part of the human psych that seems to preclude such judgements, as long as a person perports to be of a belief and acting in the name of a belief. Remove that and all their terrifying behavior seems just that, terrifying.

I can't understand how he can be so cruel and downright dishonest as a government minister, then claim genuine spiritual bonafides.

I suppose it's just a front, I mean if they didn't use religion as a shield it would both undermine their support, and frankly reveal them as ideologically naked, power hungry psychopaths. There is some weird part of the human psych that seems to preclude such judgements, as long as a person perports to be of a belief and acting in the name of a belief. Remove that and all their terrifying behavior seems just that, terrifying.

It terrifies me that people so willingly swallow this crap.

People need to get along and actually witness for themselves what is happening under the cover of pentecostal/evangelical,/fundamentalist Christianity.

It certainly isn't about singing a few hymns, listening to a boring sermon and drinking watered down wine.

The couple that I have attended have been terrifying in their intent, their rhetoric and the zeal in which people grasp onto what is, quite obviously, a con job. And I have recently had to intervene in my family to "free" someone from this insidious rubbish.

The frightening thing, is that this type of happy-clapping appears to be growing exponentially.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People need to get along and actually witness for themselves what is happening under the cover of pentecostal/evangelical,/fundamentalist Christianity.

It certainly isn't about singing a few hymns, listening to a boring sermon and drinking watered down wine.

The couple that I have attended have been terrifying in their intent, their rhetoric and the zeal in which people grasp onto what is, quite obviously, a con job. And I have recently had to intervene in my family to "free" someone from this insidious rubbish.

The frightening thing, is that this type of happy-clapping appears to be growing exponentially.
I've get no real issue with religion, just leave me out of it. But I don't much like the God Inc. version of Christianity peddled by these frauds.

Also, how dare they appropriate the term fundamentalist. If they were fundamentalist they wouldn't be money worshipers, would be driving the money lenders from the metaphorical temple (back regulating the financial services industry), be pro-universal healthcare, happy with an open borders policy, be dismayed by calls for a judicial system intent on revenge, anti war and generally much more friendly down to earth people.

I'm not judging the intent of the common worshiper and have no right to cast judgement on their moral and ethical fibre, I just feel they are being taken for a ride by the unscrupulous, who are using faith as a means to push hate instead of christian values and therefore wield the power an angry, and captive supporter base provides.

I'm trying to work out how this turd became the way he did and how he came to be in a position of power
Abbott wanted like minds. Cue the crazies that make up the front bench.

I assume they also wanted a hammer. Someone who could belt their refugee policy into place without being bothered by consequence, honesty and conscience

I've get no real issue with religion, just leave me out of it. But I don't much like the God Inc. version of Christianity peddled by these frauds.

Having government ministers, both state and federal, as devotees is greatly disturbing. However a visit to Margaret Court's shonky wankfest, (as an example), in Perth shows how far and wide this influence goes in business, all levels of government, the bureaucracy, NGO's and supposedly independent advisory committees and panels.

It is truly frightening to see people like this actively speaking in tongues and happily believing somebodies miraculous "cure" on stage.

Also, how dare they appropriate the term fundamentalist. If they were fundamentalist they wouldn't be money worshipers, would be driving the money lenders from the metaphorical temple (back regulating the financial services industry), be pro-universal healthcare, happy with an open borders policy, be dismayed by calls for a judicial system intent on revenge, anti war and generally much more friendly down to earth people.

I'm not judging the intent of the common worshiper and have no right to cast judgement on their moral and ethical fibre, I just feel they are being taken for a ride by the unscrupulous, who are using faith as a means to push hate instead of christian values and therefore wield the power an angry, and captive supporter base provides.

Indeed.

However, if you challenge their hypocrisy, (and I have), you are threatened physically, verbally and financially.

They are an insidious cancer on our society.

No issues with anyone departing from countries, where Ebola cases have been confirmed being quarantined until cleared however it is very odd to tie it into Sovereign Borders, that is very concerning. Completely different scenarios that require different expertise.

Not my fault you haven't read the thread.

People were literally saying that keeping people in detention was torture, and the photos of the toilets were meant to back up that view.
Lies, pure lies, nothing of the sort to put both those together in the one statement.

No issues with anyone departing from countries, where Ebola cases have been confirmed being quarantined until cleared however it is very odd to tie it into Sovereign Borders, that is very concerning. Completely different scenarios that require different expertise.
The problem, is it's not really feasible. At least not at the moment. Plus it ammounts to a significant denial of rights re travelers.

Heat scans and non invasive medical checks, are surely on the cards. But quarantine is fairly serious.

The problem, is it's not really feasible. At least not at the moment. Plus it ammounts to a significant denial of rights re travelers.

Heat scans and non invasive medical checks, are surely on the cards. But quarantine is fairly serious.

How is it not feasible? In terms of denial of rights to travellers, in what legal sense? Only Australian citizens have automatic right of entry into Australia and in this case measures are still put in place to ensure prevention.

Our Politicians at work - exchange by Wyatt Roy and Josh Thomas.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...ver-asylum-seeker-policy-20141023-11a9n7.html
The very public argument started with 21 characters tweeted by the Please Like Me star to Roy: "You're being a twerp".
The comment was made in reply to the Queensland MP's tweet: "1100 deaths at sea, 1400 children in detention.Our polices have saved lives– a fact lost on Labor members".
. @Wyatt_MP You're being a twerp. — Josh Thomas (@JoshThomas87) October 22, 2014
Thomas, whose show has been nominated in the comedy category for an International Emmy, then fired off a series of tweets accusing the government of cruelty and hiding the truth.
.@Wyatt_MP If the goal of being cruel to asylum seekers is to deter people from getting on boats then why the secrecy?
— Josh Thomas (@JoshThomas87) October 22, 2014
.@Wyatt_MP And why not be crueler? We are a great, rich nation. Kick them in the balls, film it and put it on YouTube.
@Wyatt_MP Also, there are less because loads were sent back to danger. It's not good having @ScottMorrisonMP as your legal guardian.

Our Politicians at work - exchange by Wyatt Roy and Josh Thomas.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...ver-asylum-seeker-policy-20141023-11a9n7.html
The very public argument started with 21 characters tweeted by the Please Like Me star to Roy: "You're being a twerp".
The comment was made in reply to the Queensland MP's tweet: "1100 deaths at sea, 1400 children in detention.Our polices have saved lives– a fact lost on Labor members".
. @Wyatt_MP You're being a twerp. — Josh Thomas (@JoshThomas87) October 22, 2014
Thomas, whose show has been nominated in the comedy category for an International Emmy, then fired off a series of tweets accusing the government of cruelty and hiding the truth.
.@Wyatt_MP If the goal of being cruel to asylum seekers is to deter people from getting on boats then why the secrecy?
.@Wyatt_MP And why not be crueler? We are a great, rich nation. Kick them in the balls, film it and put it on YouTube.
@Wyatt_MP Also, there are less because loads were sent back to danger. It's not good having @ScottMorrisonMP as your legal guardian.

If Josh Thomas wants to make a difference he can run for Parliament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back