Injury SUNS Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Weller has done his ACL again..

Nah this sucks. He was my player buddy for a few years and I still have a soft spot for him. Speedy recovery GLR!

Our classiest player gone again! Poor Lachie

We’ll never see 0 players on the injury list. We were so close too. Damn Joel Jeffrey

Weller has done his ACL again..

Not sure what the standard protocol for a second torn ACL is but if it's 9 months again then we should re-gain Weller around about the time the 2024 season starts.

Gold Coast SUNS defender Bodhi Uwland will be sidelined for the next six weeks after injuring his hamstring last week.

Uwland sustained the injury in the main training session last Thursday, with GC SUNS Head Physiotherapist Lindsay Bull saying the defender was a chance to return for the VFL Finals series.

“After injuring his hamstring, Bodhi has undergone a thorough assessment and has unfortunately sustained a significant injury,” Bull said.

“It will see him out of action for six weeks as we prepare him for a potential return in line with our VFL Finals campaign.”

Lachie Weller will undergo surgery on his ACL this week, with a timeline on his recovery to be determined in due course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“It was a good opportunity to give him last week to recover” Wowee, King rested for a must win to keep our season alive game, but a test to return this week… Surely a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Bummer for Holman, but a perfect opportunity to try and inject some class in the forward 50 for the rest of the season rather than grunt and see if it does anything.

Hollands could play there, perhaps, at the very least, and give his wing role to someone better suited for it.

Atkins to a wing. Long in the backline, give Hollands a game against Carlton as a pure forward.
I was thinking along the same lines. We know Atkins can’t defend, so stick him as an attacking winger. It does mean our defensive exiting could be dicey with now Powell either though…

Hollands as a forward (with some mid rotations maybe between him and Humphrey). Two matches left to see how he goes in a more “natural” role.

I wouldn't mind seeing Farrar get a gig in that pressure forward role.

I think he has Beau Mcreery traits.

Very quick, great tackler.
Could be dangerous on fast plays given his lightning speed.
Getting more cheap goals over the back would be handy..

I thought he spent the second half in the forward line once heeny was finished bending him
Over and coughing

He looked pretty useless last weekend tbh

Not a bad shout at all. Certainly gives us a bit of flair and speed up forward which we need a lot more of.

Rather that than re-trying Macpherson back in the forward line for example.

Ben King (knee), Jack Lukosius (achilles) and Bailey Humphrey (finger) will all miss the match through injury.

GC SUNS Head Physiotherapist Lindsay Bull gave additional information on the trio.

“Ben missed the match against Carlton on the weekend after presenting late with swelling in his knee and we have decided to take a no-risk approach with him this weekend,” Bull told the Qscan Injury Update.

“Jack has been managing significant achilles pain over past month and it’s progressed to the point where he’s unable to play this weekend.”

“Bailey unfortunately injured his finger in last weekend’s match and will undergo surgery today to repair that damage, so will also be unavailable for the match against North Melbourne.”

Tom Berry has been sidelined with a shoulder injury and will undergo surgery this week.

“Tom has been managing an ongoing AC joint injury this season and similarly to Jack, it’s progressed to the point where he’s now unable to play,” Bull said.

“He’ll undergo surgery tomorrow and we expect him to be available to train fully when we return for preseason training.”

In positive news, Joel Jeffrey (foot) and Bodhi Uwland (hamstring) are progressing in their rehab and are expected to return to the field for the VFL qualifying final next weekend.

So Jeffrey can play vfl finals? Has only played 5 vfl games this year.

Or is it more about how many afl games played?
Found this.

Competition rules state that players must have featured in six VFL games during that particular season, and played no more than 12 AFL games, to be eligible to play in the VFL finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back