Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts NFL Board HoF
Oct 5, 2004
Athens, GA
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Phils, Eagles, Flyers, Sunderland
Just hearing that the NFL Network had Reggie Wayne miked during the game- and after the INT in the fourth quarter, Manning and Wayne had a conversation on the sideline.

Apparently, this conversation has been edited out by NFL Films from the final product- so we'll never know what was said.

Let the conspiracy theories fly....was it nothing of intyerest? Were the guys not happy with one another....

One of the first they did was Hank Stram, which was really good.

Re: Super Bowl cover up?

probably cause it contained a whole lot of **** ******* i dare say words were had, but you'd expect that. Would be interesting to hear though. NFL films shouldn't wimp out, that's what people would love to hear, the drama and all that.

I saw one NFL films with Peyton going ballistic at his O line and in particular his centre Saturay, and at one stage one of the other linemen had to be restrained from opening a can of whoop ass on Mr Manning! Is a good watch and shows that Peyton is not all ice cool!

from the footage of the game im tipping what was exchanged between Manning and Wayne might not of been to pleasant.

I also look forward to the footage of Brees extending his hand to Manning and Manning refusing to shake it.....

I saw one NFL films with Peyton going ballistic at his O line and in particular his centre Saturay, and at one stage one of the other linemen had to be restrained from opening a can of whoop ass on Mr Manning! Is a good watch and shows that Peyton is not all ice cool!

Here's the link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQtX6dm2KG8

This morning the NFL channel played the Sound FX from this past Super Bowl. The sound bite from the onside kick was good. NFL.com has all four quarters online.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-super-bowl/09000d5d8165ab42/Sound-FX-SB-XLIV-1st-Qtr

probably cause it contained a whole lot of **** ******* i dare say words were had, but you'd expect that. Would be interesting to hear though. NFL films shouldn't wimp out, that's what people would love to hear, the drama and all that.

agree

They should also show Manning refusing to shake Brees hand. Classless :)

I came to this forum hoping to find some Australians who actually know something about the NFL, i pray that everyone else is more informed than you. To refuse something, you must first be offered it. Manning said he walked off the field as to not take any attention away from the Saints.

Everyone who follows the NFL for more than the playoffs each year knows that Manning and Brees embraced after the press conferences and that they are good friends.

To be fair, it's not like someone doesn't understand NFL if they weren't aware that "to refuse something you must first be offered it." That's not really got anything to do with football, but a philosphical point.

It may be true that Manning's intention was just that (not take attention away from the Saints), but it still comes across as a sore loser just like Belichick walking off with 1 second left in the SB loss to the Giants.

Imo, clearly Manning was gutted, fuming, and part of him probably didn't want to be photographed in that situation----humbled by defeat.

Maybe i jumped the gun, but it's a common misconception that Manning is a sore loser, with people genuinely basing their opinion on his facial expressions (which i admit do make him look like a tool at times.) I also wouldn't put Manning not shaking his hand in the same boat as walking off while the game is still going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imo, Belichich is such a sour-puss and 'tool' because he's so competitive and hate's losing. It eats him up to lose. I reckon Manning is the same. Any great competitor will have those 'tool-like' reactions to losing...eg, LdT when they lost to the Pats. Or Brooking sooking at the Vikings running up the score. Tom Brady post-loss. Jared Allen pretty much 24/7. Etc etc.

I don't think it's implausible or disrespectful to say that Manning perhaps did sook a bit after that game. I mean, it was the SB and he blew it, they should've won. Etc etc.

I came to this forum hoping to find some Australians who actually know something about the NFL, i pray that everyone else is more informed than you. To refuse something, you must first be offered it. Manning said he walked off the field as to not take any attention away from the Saints.

Everyone who follows the NFL for more than the playoffs each year knows that Manning and Brees embraced after the press conferences and that they are good friends.

umad23xv.jpg

I dont blame Bellichick for walking off after the SB loss. They had the game and it slipped through there fingers. Honestly what happens once he walks off? Do you think Coughlin cared? Do you think anyone high up in the Giants cared? They just won the super bow.

I get angry losing any basketball game I play during the week, I can't imagine losing the super bowl. So for Coughlin or Manning to walk away and let the victors take the limelight is not wrong in any way

I dont blame Bellichick for walking off after the SB loss. They had the game and it slipped through there fingers. Honestly what happens once he walks off? Do you think Coughlin cared? Do you think anyone high up in the Giants cared? They just won the super bow.

Exactly.

BB does it and he's the biggest sook in the world. Egghead does it and its all "ohh he didn't want to detract from the city of NORLEANS/Brees/circle jerk NFL films material stuff"

They still shake hands at the net after a grueling Grand Slam Tennis Final. They shake hands and show sportsmanship to the opponent in many other sports. Formula One podium, AFL/RL GF, etc. It's such a high intensity moment, especially when an expected winner, the favorite, loses, as it happened to Colts vs Jets early SB, Pats ending up 18-1, and Colts having dedicated everything towards the playoff run for a SB they were 'destined' for.

i can understand why a loser can sometimes get so sore they walk off, deliberately not let a handshake occur etc. But clearly it happens whenever it happens because they're sore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back