Official Match Thread Sweet FA S15 Round 16: Southern Dragons V West Coast Wonders @ Dragon Island {MOTR}

Remove this Banner Ad

You'll need to improve on your stats first and foremost, for your statement of "leading your team to victory" to have any merit.

You may be after team glory (as we all are) but the buck stops with you in the ruck. Unfortunately your improvement won't come this week, so your team glory needs to be put on the back burner for now.
My quick learning of a new position was personified last week where I was easily entrenched as a top ruckman in this league, constantly palming the ball down to my supreme midfield and thus, giving them first use of the ball that ultimately led us to victory.

Now, knowing that you just pointed out the blatant obvious that the buck stops at the ruck, I will see this duel as a challenge, and like any noble warrior, I shall take this s**t on and will leave you wondering what the * happened. You don't need to worry about this young chap, as the team glory that our team seeks will lie in the hands of our Wonders engine room, something that is more superior and consistent to yours.

And in other news, okeydoke7 re-establishes himself as an idiot after giving the third placed Dragons favourites over the top-of-the table leaders the Wonders. What's next? Rick18 for the Mobbs Medal and mellowyellow to win the AlfAndrews medal?

Who knows what's happening in the glorious SFA, where the better teams are favoured to lose.
The punters frame the market, not me!

Geelong were overwhelming favourite for the 2009 Grand Final despite the fact the Saints had one of the most successful seasons in AFL history, losing just 2 games and finishing with an amazing percentage. Position on the ladder doesn't always give a good indication for a result, there are other factors to consider.

There's a free grammar and spelling error check website that usually advertises on this forum. You should give it a look so you don't look like an idiot, as much. Maybe Chief purposely approved of the ad because of you? I might be clutching at straws here but at least I can type properly whilst doing so.
What?

You'll need to improve on your stats first and foremost, for your statement of "leading your team to victory" to have any merit.

You may be after team glory (as we all are) but the buck stops with you in the ruck. Unfortunately your improvement won't come this week, so your team glory needs to be put on the back burner for now.

Don't get BoshtrichBurger wrong. His stats are great, he is just always trying harder to improve his game. However if his development stagnates this week he should still be able to atleast break even with you. His taps to advantage saw us dominate the clearances last week. The only reason we let the Gumbies get close last week is because they suprised us with an old school flood and we wanted to stay fresh for the finals so didnt over do it last week, just doing what we needed too.

ShaunDuggan and the fitness coaches are doing all that they can to ensure we don't peak to early. They even gave me some sort of nasal spray to stop any premature celebrations. Who knew that Nasal delivery technology would be utalised in the SFA.

It's never to early to delve into the depths of intellectual conversing between two teams vying for bragging rights in a Match Of The Round blockbuster.
Yes it is

My quick learning of a new position was personified last week where I was easily entrenched as a top ruckman in this league.
I'm sorry but 1 OK performance doesn't entrench anybody as elite in that position. You have a long way to go to catch up to the output I consistantly produce. Like I said earlier, watch and learn.
Constantly palming the ball down to my supreme midfield and thus, giving them first use of the ball that ultimately led us to victory.
Considering your side only just fell over the line against a side sitting on the bottom of the table with 4 wins, suggests you and your sides performance wasn't too crash hot, or your hitouts were misdirected. Which is it?
Now, knowing that you just pointed out the blatant obvious that the buck stops at the ruck,
which is why I'm confident of victory, up against a novice ruckman.;)
I will see this duel as a challenge,
I really hope for your sake you come to Dragon Island well and truly prepared.
and like any noble warrior,
By the sounds of things, I thought you were the 8th Wonder.
I shall take this s**t on and will leave you wondering what the **** happened.
I'm sorry I'm not into bathroom meetings. I will wait for you in the middle of the ground though. I know you're nervous and feel the need to defecate yourself, at least now I'm fully aware why you mightn't front.
You don't need to worry about this young chap,
Thanks for the kind words. You've just put a spring in my step.:thumbsu:
as the team glory that our team seeks will lie in the hands of our Wonders engine room, something that is more superior and consistent to yours.
I beg to differ, but our midfielders let their actions do the talking, as you will find out on Monday.

The punters frame the market, not me!

Geelong were overwhelming favourite for the 2009 Grand Final despite the fact the Saints had one of the most successful seasons in AFL history, losing just 2 games and finishing with an amazing percentage. Position on the ladder doesn't always give a good indication for a result, there are other factors to consider.
Geelong were better than St. Kilda. As evident by the result of that game and in similar instances... the Wonders are better than the Dragons and the results WILL show. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the only reason we let the Gumbies get close last week is because they suprised us with an old school flood and we wanted to stay fresh for the finals so didnt over do it last week, just doing what we needed too.
Firstly how are you old Pal? I hardly recognised you with your facelift. Take us for granted this week to the determent of your side. We have a solid defense, (actually best in the comp) so you'll want to make sure the youngster is on top of his game in the ruck.(giving you first use) I've got some measures to counter his productivity and influence and may even go the same route as Stevie Baker in certain instances. You may not have him fully fit for the finals. Anyway all the best (except the Wonders) and let's have a cracking contest.
Hey MD
Nice avatar ;)
Yes it is. I missed the first episode of season 5 and I'm waiting for my brother to upload the whole season before I watch. No spoilers.;) I'll probably watch as a celebration of the Dragons premiership.
Geelong were better than St. Kilda.
Agree.:thumbsu:

the Wonders are better than the Dragons and the results WILL show. ;)
Disagree, which will be proven when we win the war.

Well you screwed that up MD...

If you want a lesson on formatting, I suggest you contact Gibbsy as he is quite fluent in all that tango.
All good now, mistake fixed. I just hope the Wonders will be able to recover from this weeks mistakes, next week.;)

I'm sorry but 1 OK performance doesn't entrench anybody as elite in that position. You have a long way to go to catch up to the output I consistantly produce. Like I said earlier, watch and learn.
Of course, there is always room for improvement, and I aim to take that rapid step to eliteness this game. And of course, I will watch and learn... But as I said, I am a fast learner, so I may give up a quarter to use the information I have garnered, and facilitate that into something far better than what you can muster up.

Considering your side only just fell over the line against a side sitting on the bottom of the table with 4 wins, suggests you and your sides performance wasn't too crash hot, or your hitouts were misdirected. Which is it?
Now I know your team are lazy susans, but please take a moment to read the post by Wise Guy Sam in regards to why our game against the Gumbies was so close.
The only reason we let the Gumbies get close last week is because they suprised us with an old school flood and we wanted to stay fresh for the finals so didnt over do it last week, just doing what we needed too.
which is why I'm confident of victory, up against a novice ruckman.;)
Up against a novice ruckman, it may seem... However, never underestimate the abilities I possess and what the Wonders midfield can conjure up with. You, it seems, will be a lone hand in trying to will your team to a win, whilst my team will have a collective effort to put this result beyond doubt.
I really hope for your sake you come to Dragon Island well and truly prepared.
Need you not worry about my preparation, as it will be you that will up against a rude shock at home come Monday gameday.
By the sounds of things, I thought you were the 8th Wonder.
Nonsense! It should be common knowledge by now that a human being cannot truely represent a Wonder of the world! I'm more of a prodigy if you must know. ;)
I'm sorry I'm not into bathroom meetings. I will wait for you in the middle of the ground though. I know you're nervous and feel the need to defecate yourself, at least now I'm fully aware why you mightn't front.
I'll front up to the contest, easily... I'm just perplexed that you have no comprehension of any slang or jargon. Actually, nevermind, it is afterall an irrelevancy to my team yet very true and close to what your team will be doing during the game, shitting yourselves at every contest and resulting in an emphatic loss to the hands of the Wonders.
Thanks for the kind words. You've just put a spring in my step.:thumbsu:
This acknowledgement puts a skip to my lou...
I beg to differ, but our midfielders let their actions do the talking, as you will find out on Monday.
Of course, actions speak louder than words... But it takes balls to proclaim that our midfield is better than yours, and we say so emphatically... We can talk the talk, and walk the walk! Same can't be said about your team...

Geelong were better than St. Kilda. As evident by the result of that game and in similar instances... the Wonders are better than the Dragons and the results WILL show. ;)

Saints had a lucky Preliminary win anyway ;)

Wonders win without doubt each time.

Thanks for the kind words Clarkey. Looking forward to this match.
Oh that's right, you're currently at the Dragons. I was tagging you in here on the basis of pure truth and not for any form of flattery.

Firstly how are you old Pal? I hardly recognised you with your facelift. Take us for granted this week to the determent of your side. We have a solid defense, (actually best in the comp) so you'll want to make sure the youngster is on top of his game in the ruck.(giving you first use) I've got some measures to counter his productivity and influence and may even go the same route as Stevie Baker in certain instances. You may not have him fully fit for the finals. Anyway all the best (except the Wonders) and let's have a cracking contest.

I'm 26 off the field and 24 and a half on it. I've had no facelift though. I've just grown out the mustache and being experimenting with rogain so left the hat at home.

We will test out the best defense in the league with the most potent attack in the league*. Demon Jim is the best forward in the comp (number 1 for goals) whilst muttweed is all about the crumb, 3rd for goals at our club in limited games due to injury. Our best form of attack though is actually our midfield. Works out well as we can assume your defense will mostly nullify our advantage in the forward line. When our mids have the ball they kick goals, when they don't they tackle until they get it. Like me who is first in the league for tackles.

Steve baker hey? Never heard of an aggressive tagger playing on a ruck playing his 2nd game. You must be actually quite nervouse of BoshtrichBurger if you need to resort to such Tactics just to stop him. I know you said your skills will outmatch him but you are already putting in a lot of thought on how to best him.

*Burger may me modest but not me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back