Preview Sydney Swans v Adelaide, Rd 17 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was prominent in all the quarters early and then faded a bit in each. Played ok though in a side that plays just like the firsts insofar as they love to kick the ball to the other team for some reason.

No that is the Club game plan. The reserves have to play to the same game plan as the Seniors so that when they get into the seniors they know what to do. That's right kick it to the opposition every time you enter forward 50.

So we're crying out for leadership on the field and people are seriously suggesting we drop one of our captains?

The problem is if a captain is not playing well and he isn't getting the pill or using it well he is not leading. May as well not be there. In fact captains should lead by example. Take Hodge, Boak, Selwood, Callan Ward, Nick Riewoldt. They all lead by example. Our two don't normally. Against Hawks it was Goodes that stood up and tried at least to get us going not either captain. If either one is out of form and the form slump continues then they need to pop down and have a game in the twos. goodsie wasn't too much of a big shot to do that and look what happened. His form improved remarkably.

The gap between xr and ted is extremeley marginal. I would have have him another go

I thought after half time he was really good. He didn't let too many goals past him in the second either, 1 I think from darling. That was Darling's last for the game. So he did well after that. Once he got used to the pace and got rid of the nerves he was pretty good. By the way don't ever expect a perfect game from him. He does the most astounding and exciting things, the mundane and the monumental clanger all exceptionally well. Some of those early HB were par for the course and then in the reserves he will suddenly decide he has space to run up the middle and just will leaving the opposition so astounded at such a bold move they don't react until he is well and truly in the centre square. Butr one thing I noticed he does do to all the forwards he plays on the the Twos, he keeps them quiet.

Reckon that's a little harsh on XR to be honest. Getting beaten on the lead out to the 50 after quick ball movement and good delivery from the WC mids is very difficult to defend against. They were hardly gift wrapped.

that free for chesting in the back too was astounding. I was horrified. He did everything a defender has to do and he did it well and got penalised.

He was 10m off his man in the first place. He was very poor early. Improved as the game went on but this week isn't the game to gamble. We need to win, don't care how, just win. Especially as Hawthorn will flog Richmond thus giving us a 2 game buffer in the top 4.

Hard to get the pace of AFL footy after playing NEAFL. It is two levels at least slower. He did well and would be more on pace now.

He was 10m off his man in the first place. He was very poor early. Improved as the game went on but this week isn't the game to gamble. We need to win, don't care how, just win. Especially as Hawthorn will flog Richmond thus giving us a 2 game buffer in the top 4.

You have been way off the last few weeks, please change your tip to the Tigers to give us all some comfort.
:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not this week when we need Ted on the Adelaide talls. I agree XR got better as the game went on, but if we gift wrap Walker/Jenkins, etc 2-3 early ones considering our attack...

yeh because ted hasn't given away any goals this year.

he's been rock solid

Kieran Jack for starters would be one. Surely after two very poor performances a senior player has to get dropped and it isn't as if Jack has been brilliant.
Would totally agree if Jones had have been bog or something similar, however Jacks game was a better one than Jones on weekend, and at this stage warrants selection.

Could we try the Tiger's game plan?

Sure...do we have about 6-7 elite kicks of the ball...that is what their gameplan is based around...short kicks, not missing targets. Pity we would miss the 3rd or 4th target.

Could we try the Tiger's game plan?
Finally a team not sending 3 or 4 plays hard to the ball against the Hawks. They sit off the ball at every play and let one go hard in. Richmond did that tonight and I feel we are trying to do the same thing the last month. Just takes a fair bit of adjustment. Hopefully we can by the finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back