Preview Sydney Vs Western Bulldogs - Yeah let's revisit that again

What is the biggest controversy in sport?

• Lance Armstrong

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • OJ Simpson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tonya Harding

• The Hand Of God (Maradona)

• Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (Vestrappen Win)

• 2016 Bravedogs (Oh so brave)

Votes: 34 91.9%
  • Other (let us know)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oi. This is no place to be talking sense
Except it's not talking sense, because Rankin can't be sub as he's not an emergency.

Just on that, I do think it would've been nice to see him named among the emergencies this week, just as an acknowledgment of his form and a gesture of confidence from the coaches. His last maybe two months have been as solid as anyone's in the VFL side.

Fox back to pinch hitting in the ruck?
Season 11 Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m just completely ECO after hearing Gus has a syndesmosis injury (i.e., season ending).

This year just bites.
If it's any consolation, he's ticked off pretty much every box we'd want him to tick this year.

• Played well in the VFL.
  • Earned his senior call-up.
  • Got midfield opportunity.
  • Showed promise.
  • Contract extended.

Yes. Not happening best is 9th and that requires a million things to go our way. Probably end in the same position we are
Best would be 8th I'd imagine, 7 games left equals 28 points. We're on 26 points so that would equal 54. No team in the last 10 years has missed finals with at least 52 points.

If it's any consolation, he's ticked off pretty much every box we'd want him to tick this year.

• Played well in the VFL.
  • Earned his senior call-up.
  • Got midfield opportunity.
  • Showed promise.
  • Contract extended.
Yeah, I know - I just feel for the kid.

Lost a large part of his first year to a knee cartilage & now this.

Syndesmosis is a bugger. I remember reading an interview with Cam Guthrie where he said he didn’t get full strength back in his kicking foot for 12 months.

Gus was remarkably tough to play three quarters with it. He must be so disappointed. But at least, as you pointed out, he showed plenty this year and has the security of 2024 and 2025 to look forward to.

Unfortunately Rankin is not on the emergencies list. Do you actually watch the reserves? Rankin was bloody good and he had a high efficiency date. On the other hand Clarke got plenty of ball and wasted it badly.

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I do watch part of games , but normally busy with my own footy commitments , he's not ready this week

mcveigh mentioned they like getting papley up around the ball as he can go missing when he's deep. I wonder if they put him or heeney more in the mids with corey playing forward.

mcveigh mentioned they like getting papley up around the ball as he can go missing when he's deep. I wonder if they put him or heeney more in the mids with corey playing forward.

Mcveigh underestimating Papley, he can go missing anywhere

Best would be 8th I'd imagine, 7 games left equals 28 points. We're on 26 points so that would equal 54. No team in the last 10 years has missed finals with at least 52 points.

We ain’t winning all our games have you seen our draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back