10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Feb 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
#rompingwins
190646_d67793a6cea5e85e8fb3ac39f8814116.jpg

Anyone surprised at number 18.
"he's waiting for his 150th" or "he's foxing so the club can focus on landing a big fish during trade week"...

Clearly our high rating is due to JUBJUB not using words at all... Ever :D
Also thanks must go to our resident grammar police who are quick to let posters know when they have incorrectly utilised those tricky your, you're combinations and the always popular there, their and they're ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know if grammar use alone is the best determinant of intelligence, but I guess I'll take it.

A sample size of 10k words per team across all three platforms also seems rather low, and I'd like to know how they determined which posts they glean text from for use in their survey. If they just did a sample of the most recent posts on a platform over a short period of time, then the result could be severely shaped by a poster with good use of grammar posting a lot or a long post versus someone with bad grammar doing the same on another board.

Don't know if grammar use alone is the best determinant of intelligence, but I guess I'll take it.

A sample size of 10k words per team across all three platforms also seems rather low, and I'd like to know how they determined which posts they glean text from for use in their survey. If they just did a sample of the most recent posts on a platform over a short period of time, then the result could be severely shaped by a poster with good use of grammar posting a lot or a long post versus someone with bad grammar doing the same on another board.

I guess that means we shouldn't take it seriously, then.

Also thanks must go to our resident grammar police who are quick to let posters know when they have incorrectly utilised those tricky your, you're combinations and the always popular there, their and they're ;)

Don't forget the other repeat offenders:

- elude / allude
- lose / loose (this has me reaching for sharp objects)
- bias / biased
- lackadaisical

And no doubt many others. The grammar police are saving us from anarchy.

Come on BB. Stop raining on our parade, dammit! :mad: Don't be an Eeyore.
We rank first at something - bask in the glory!!! :D

Don't forget the other repeat offenders:

- elude / allude
- lose / loose (this has me reaching for sharp objects)
- bias / biased
- lackadaisical

And no doubt many others. The grammar police are saving us from anarchy.
Resign and re-sign

Remove this Banner Ad

Back