List Mgmt. Welcome to Geelong Jack Bowes....

Remove this Banner Ad

Truly Jack is the one recruit that has me excited to see what he can do i remember when he was coming through the Suns academy they though he was equal to Jaeger as a junior if he can stay fit he's a vital cog in our attempt at B2B

This part of the story is disappointing . The bleating about players wanting to depart and return to Vic... and it seems they have thrown out a local that was happy to stay.

Atkins didnt have one single brownlow vote this year. Not one. Even mengola got votes and he barely played. And you think he is in brownlow contention? A 27 year old is just going to dramatically improve in one year?

i expect, or atleast hope, bowes goes past atkins as a player.

now can we stop talking about atkins and focus on bowes?
i think he'll get more votes this year now people have taken notice- these 4th quarter performances would've been hard to ignore now he's done it 3-4 times now

i think he'll get more votes this year now people have taken notice- these 4th quarter performances would've been hard to ignore now he's done it 3-4 times now
In most of those games where he played a good fourth, that was the only good quarter he played. I like me some Tommy Atkins but realistically he doesn't put up the numbers.

I see Jack Bowes as the most talented of our trades.
This kid is something special to behold
He'll get a lot of the ball and use it very well.
Our forwards will be licking their lips with Bowes and Duncan delivering the ball
Really hope he and Stengle and Close develop a strong bond. Between them they could be magic to watch
A future with Bowes Parfitt and Stengle could be shimmy paradise
This club never cease to amaze with recruiting

I see Jack Bowes as the most talented of our trades.
This kid is something special to behold
He'll get a lot of the ball and use it very well.
Our forwards will be licking their lips with Bowes and Duncan delivering the ball
Really hope he and Stengle and Close develop a strong bond. Between them they could be magic to watch
A future with Bowes Parfitt and Stengle could be shimmy paradise
This club never cease to amaze with recruiting

Feel like Bowes is a rich man’s Sam Simpson. Both smart, good users and exceptional through traffic. Bowes just a better size (187cm, 85kg).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Far better kick? Simpson is a pretty elite kick, would be one of the better kicks in our squad.
Bowes is basically Duncan level with his kicking. Was the best kick in his draft year from memory, and easily best kick at GC. Have followed him closely and can guarantee he has Simpson covered (and I have a lot of time for Simmo)

Can edit it to get rid of the Pick 7, IMO - now that we know Jhye was taken with Pick 7 (8). Feels disrespectful lumping Bowes in with the pick now that there's a name attached to the pick
Fair point.: it done

Go Catters

I watched a VFL game replay the other day where Bowes had 39 and kicked 2.1

Funnily enough I wasn't impressed early but he worked into the game nicely.

He started basically every center bounce in the middle when on the ground.

After watching the game (will watch more) I do feel he is made to play the big-bodied mid more than a half back like what they had him doing at the GC.

Certainly has a good frame for it and his poise in tight at times is impressive.

I do feel he doesn't look the type that will add much run and carry but has some good attributes for sure.

Could be a real bonus pickup for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back