List Mgmt. Welcome to Geelong Jack Bowes....

Remove this Banner Ad

Dermie was saying Bowes might lack the endurance to be a full-time Mid... Not sure on that one, I'd think if he's had 80 games at AFL, his tank would be okay.

Dermie was saying Bowes might lack the endurance to be a full-time Mid... Not sure on that one, I'd think if he's had 80 games at AFL, his tank would be okay.

I think the commentary was ordinary. The money he is owed is what will be spread over next 4 years. Agreeing to move... he is like many players where his contract is less than he was previously playing for.

On his stamina ... time will tell, He will eitehr be able to do it or her will not. The commentary sound like it was Two Haw player and Haw player grumbling about Geelong getting anotehr talent kid.

Be interesting to see where he plays next year. Got a glut of young midfielders now and no half backs, but he's physically better prepared for a midfield role than most of those other players.
Many HB's are superfluous mids anyway- Boris is the classic.. Milburn.. Duncan this year. We can easily turn "mids" into great HBFers.

I think if he goes past Atkins, he'd need to be Brownlow Medal likely, that's how good I think Atkins is!!!
Realistically if next year he's 75% Atkins he's the steal of this decade so far, plus a pick 7 is insane trading, off the charts.
We win a flag now this, wonder who Mackie now has in mind with the P7, this is ridiculous.

Good to see no mention of UniCORN's in this welcome to the club

In some of that footage, he seemed almost Pendlebury like. In traffic he had a calm demeanour and thought through what he was doing by backing himself in and not panicking. A few really nice candys sold. The boy has talent.

What does games played have to do with having a tank or not? Being moved out of the midfield to half back is an indication he didn’t have the tank for midfield. Though it could also just have been to get a better ball user behind the ball.

Bowes’ manager in trade radio now. Said Bowes had 40-odd disposals in a VFL game this year and Danger messaged his manager asking “What’s Jack Bowes doing next year?”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In some of that footage, he seemed almost Pendlebury like. In traffic he had a calm demeanour and thought through what he was doing by backing himself in and not panicking. A few really nice candys sold. The boy has talent.

Yep Pendles crossed with Duncan is where my mind went watching those highlights. Have said all along he's basically a 24 year old Dunc...but his baulk, balance and sidestep is seriously the closest I've seen to Pendles in a while.

Seriously so excited about this kid

Bowes is a very high talent player. I can see him walking past Atkins and Parfitt is everything goes well for him.
I don’t want him walking past anyone.
I want them all working as a cohesive unit each playing their role to their strengths and the team be fitting from that.

That’s why we are premiers..: but because one block walked past another.
We tried that.. and GAJ, PFD et Al can’t do it alone.

Go Catters

I think if he goes past Atkins, he'd need to be Brownlow Medal likely, that's how good I think Atkins is!!!
Realistically if next year he's 75% Atkins he's the steal of this decade so far, plus a pick 7 is insane trading, off the charts.
We win a flag now this, wonder who Mackie now has in mind with the P7, this is ridiculous.
Atkins didnt have one single brownlow vote this year. Not one. Even mengola got votes and he barely played. And you think he is in brownlow contention? A 27 year old is just going to dramatically improve in one year?

i expect, or atleast hope, bowes goes past atkins as a player.

now can we stop talking about atkins and focus on bowes?

Atkins didnt have one single brownlow vote this year. Not one. And you think he is in brownlow contention? A 27 year old is just going to dramatically improve in one year?

After the Blicavs "5 vote" debacle I respect your inclination to try and mozz Atkins into winning votes, but still. Atkins was top 10 best and fairest. There will be some level of positional overlap but they will play entirely different roles. And you do realise that making a post entirely about Bowes/Atkins will invite more comparisons rather than less, right?

Reckon we were soft as in this deal, should have dug our heels in and demanded their number five pick.

I understand why this trade was done (I think) but it begs the question in my mind, are the Suns overpaying their players, surely their list isn't that great that they need salary cap relief?

Reckon we were soft as in this deal, should have dug our heels in and demanded their number five pick.

I understand why this trade was done (I think) but it begs the question in my mind, are the Suns overpaying their players, surely their list isn't that great that they need salary cap relief?
They have really different forces that have lead to them having salary cap problems that "shouldn't" happen on a middle of the pack team.

They are loaded with top end prospect (ie. high draft picks), guys who wouldn't mind looking elsewhere, and who they have had to pay to retain or risk losing them to an entire competition worth of clubs lining up for their services.

They've had to take a punt on some of these guys after only 1.5-2 years in the system, giving them "overs" on dollars and years just to retain their services.

Meanwhile we are paying misfits and rookies and steeplechasers (lol), some of whom (Atkins, Zuthie) are just happy for the opportunity.

They have really different forces that have lead to them having salary cap problems that "shouldn't" happen on a middle of the pack team.

They are loaded with top end prospect (ie. high draft picks), guys who wouldn't mind looking elsewhere, and who they have had to pay to retain or risk losing them to an entire competition worth of clubs lining up for their services.

They've had to take a punt on some of these guys after only 1.5-2 years in the system, giving them "overs" on dollars and years just to retain their services.

Meanwhile we are paying misfits and rookies and steeplechasers (lol), some of whom (Atkins, Zuthie) are just happy for the opportunity.

Thanks for the reply, and yeah that explanation seems perfectly feasible.
Puts them (The Suns) between a rock and a hard place I guess, bad for them, good for us (and other clubs) though.

What a brilliant deal brokered by the club! We are taking the piss in this league lol

Welcome to Geelong Jack Bowes and Pick 7! 👏

Atkins didnt have one single brownlow vote this year. Not one. Even mengola got votes and he barely played. And you think he is in brownlow contention? A 27 year old is just going to dramatically improve in one year?

That, in itself, is a joke. How he didn't poll in the Port Adelaide game is truly baffling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back