• 11 -> 15

Votes: 37 37.4%
  • 16+

Votes: 37 37.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Bruhn vs Warner

Here's the Footywire comparison when selecting 'at the same age'

There's some areas Warner has Bruhn covered, while other areas our guy leads the way - overall though, it's pretty close, especially when factoring in the extra TOG for Warner

1713835778600.png

1713835870432.png

Warner is on an entirely different level than Bruhn.

It's a weird comparison because they are very different players.

My boy Bruhn is tracking nicely, but Warner is an absolute star.

Yeah Warner at this point to be sure has been the better footballer and is a gun both inside and outside but come The Swans Vs The Cats round 14 game at the SCG and hopefully with an additional finals game, I sure hope they spend a bit of time 'one on one' playing on each other because I think 'my boy and yours' Bruhn will pleasantly surprise how far he has progressed and how good a footballer he has become!

Yeah missed the ToG% line when I skimmed it.

Still the 18% difference is nearly the same as a full quarter of football for Warner at 81% ToG%

Yeah, exactly. Makes it even harder to compare the stats on top of different roles. I'd be happy if Bruhn gets up to regular 70-75%, which he isn't far away. That would be in line with our mid rotation policy and give him a bit more chance to impact. Not that far away as it is, probably next year?

Warner is on an entirely different level than Bruhn.

It's a weird comparison because they are very different players.

My boy Bruhn is tracking nicely, but Warner is an absolute star.

That’s certainly public opinion but I was interested to see what the difference was statistically as a bit of a benchmarking exercise against the gold standard.

And the answer appears not much on a per minute basis but a fair bit on a game basis. Warner is doing a little more outside and hitting the scoreboard, Bruhn is doing a bit more inside.

The major discrepancy apparent in terms of stats is TOG and I’m interested as to why. Is it fitness, versatility, or just Geelong’s game plan? Can Bruhn linearly scale his numbers with more TOG and have a similar statistical output to Warner or is that asking too much?

That’s certainly public opinion but I was interested to see what the difference was statistically as a bit of a benchmarking exercise against the gold standard.

And the answer appears not much on a per minute basis but a fair bit on a game basis. Warner is doing a little more outside and hitting the scoreboard, Bruhn is doing a bit more inside.

The major discrepancy apparent in terms of stats is TOG and I’m interested as to why. Is it fitness, versatility, or just Geelong’s game plan? Can Bruhn linearly scale his numbers with more TOG and have a similar statistical output to Warner or is that asking too much?

Only Geelong's inner sanctum can really answer that question DanA:..... could be one, could be the other, could be a bit of both but either way in time he'll get plenty of game time and end up being excellent, both as a inside and outside mid with a few additional goals during season to compliment his already great work...... we've found a long-term beauty in Tanner to be sure, he's one tough cookie!

Back