• 6 -> 10

Votes: 23 23.2%
  • 11 -> 15

Votes: 37 37.4%
  • 16+

Votes: 37 37.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing I noticed yesterday was an improvement to his outside game. His spread was really good and he got involved in being a link-up in some pretty efficient ball movement - particularly in the first quarter.

Add this to his already pretty strong contested, inside game, and we have a steal for P21..

He looks like he's loving life back home, too.

He's going to be a very good footballer for 10+ years for us.

One thing I noticed yesterday was an improvement to his outside game. His spread was really good and he got involved in being a link-up in some pretty efficient ball movement - particularly in the first quarter.

Add this to his already pretty strong contested, inside game, and we have a steal for P21..

He is definitely working on his outside game and decision making.

Seemingly inside only plodders can work on their uncontested game to become prolific in both areas. See Worpel yesterday, or Crouch recently. Even Green, Serong and Rowell are actively rounding out parts of their game that aren't just bulldozing through stoppages.

These are all players with a lot more experience as full time AFL midfielders than Bruhn. When Bruhn is in his 4th and 5th seasons as a permanent midfielder (as opposed to 2nd currently), look out.

He does look quicker than before, so he must have been working on his sprint work. Definitely has enough pace to do damage out of stoppages...

Interesting. Be hard trying to nail his worth ...but he seems happy at North
I’d put him in the same talent bracket as Bruhn tbh.
There was noise 2 years ago about him being linked to us. Has really grown as a player the last 18 months.
You need to remember these professional athletes want to win. It’s in their nature

If they have another bad season, he could very well be out

There was noise 2 years ago about him being linked to us. Has really grown as a player the last 18 months.
You need to remember these professional athletes want to win. It’s in their nature

Speaking of Norf, would we bother with Will Phillips?

Been disappointing to date, but for a token pick there's worse options out there if we're looking to do a repair job.

It counts for nothing once they're at AFL level, but he was considered at least as good as his former Oakleigh teamate in Rowell in his draft year.

Been disappointing to date, but for a token pick there's worse options out there if we're looking to do a repair job.

It counts for nothing once they're at AFL level, but he was considered at least as good as his former Oakleigh teamate in Rowell in his draft year.
Im not against bringing in players like Phillips but the conversation was around who’s out of contract and a kid who we would give up our first rounder for.
Turbo said Perkins and I mentioned Scott

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think he's been that disappointing. Forget what we know about Matty Rowell who was a freak from the off; in his second year, in a s**t team, he's been pretty decent.

Arguably, better than Bruhn's first two years at GWS.

It would be a nice reverse symmetry of his fathers move of gee to north.

Tanner was very, very good again last night.

He doesn't need huge numbers to have an impact but 20 odd touches every week from about 60% game time is still quite prolific anyway.

He's about 30 games into his AFL midfield career. I'm so glad I wasn't one of those writing him off after 2 games.

Never in doubt.

Tanner was very, very good again last night.

He doesn't need huge numbers to have an impact but 20 odd touches every week from about 60% game time is still quite prolific anyway.

He's about 30 games into his AFL midfield career. I'm so glad I wasn't one of those writing him off after 2 games.
Ah yes, but you also have to consider Jarrod Berry taught him a football lesson

Sadly 3 wins has seen Party scatter again.
6-0 and can't bag Scott or our trading anymore.

tumbleweed GIF

I'm not here to be helpful, I'm just here to observe the discourse.
Our midfield is getting smashed every week and Tanner is a key component of that midfield. Scott has found a way of winning. Will it last? Who knows.

Winning certainly papers over the cracks and will be interesting if everyone turns on the midfielders when/if we lose

Back