Taliban attack school in Pakistan; 100+ children dead

Remove this Banner Ad

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/pakistan-taliban-attack-military-school-kill-27626582

Breaking news:

The Taliban have attacked an army run school in North-West Pakistan, killing more than 100 people. Four to five men strapped with explosives are said to have entered the school, walking from classroom to classroom opening fire.

Says in the article they were between grades 1-10 - but were they civilian children or military cadets? The article suggests the latter. Horrible either way, but I find an attack on a civilian target completely reprehensible. I have no political sympathies for the Taliban whatsoever but an attack on a military training school, horrible as it is that these students were all probably underaged kids who had likely never even seen a battlefield let alone fired a shot in anger, is an attack on the fighting assets of the State.

Which I suppose is Insurgency 101.

Horrible that it was children though. Absolutely horrible:thumbsdown:

What a horrendous state of affairs when kids can't safely go to school. :(

I believe mosques are the "usual" targets of the Pakistani taliban, which is shocking in itself, but this is a whole new level of sadness. Surely this will cast serious uncertainty to the support the taliban receives in Pakistan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:mad:

What makes this even worse, is that people within the Pakistani Government, Military and Intelligence Services (ISI), willingly work with these ******* animals.

:mad:

What makes this even worse, is that people within the Pakistani Government, Military and Intelligence Services (ISI), willingly work with these ******* animals.

I wonder if this is a turning point in the relationship?

I thought the same thing.

There comes a point when enough is enough.

Killing my kid would certainly be that point.

You'd hope so, especially after the Taliban made a point of going after kids who are more likely to have parents in the military.
Of course, you still have Imran Khan quite obviously NOT mentioning the Taliban in his statements on this.

Says in the article they were between grades 1-10 - but were they civilian children or military cadets? The article suggests the latter. Horrible either way, but I find an attack on a civilian target completely reprehensible. I have no political sympathies for the Taliban whatsoever but an attack on a military training school, horrible as it is that these students were all probably underaged kids who had likely never even seen a battlefield let alone fired a shot in anger, is an attack on the fighting assets of the State.

Which I suppose is Insurgency 101.

Horrible that it was children though. Absolutely horrible:thumbsdown:

It's a regular public school.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back