Taliban attack school in Pakistan; 100+ children dead

Remove this Banner Ad

Australians are so hypocritical.

If those exact same children knew about the attack two weeks ago and took a boat to our shores asking for protection, we would torture them.

oh dear

If ever anyone thought there were levels certain people would never cross they are wrong. Evil in its most base disgusting form. These are the sort of people that just need eradicating like vermin. At least with vermin gas gets pumped in and they have half a shot. These scum deserve nothing. Only way to fight the Taliban and those of their ilk is to destroy them.

I thought the same thing.

There comes a point when enough is enough.

Killing my kid would certainly be that point.

Point has well and truly passed.

Apparently Pakistan is going to hang all the known Taliban members currently in prison

While at surface level this seems and is extreme and a breakdown of legal principles we are not in the middle of it (not withstanding the terrorist attack in Sydney). Any time for negotiation has failed. These people are beyond brutal and have to be destroyed. Actually find it hard to figure out how you would talk down their military/police from lynching every last one they could get their hands on. Pakistan is also not a stable society so convening a committee and review and a thorough investigation isn't an option in the middle of a border line war zone, as parts of it are. You just hope cool heads prevail and a laser like focus exists in destroying the enemy but not what has been built, created and left of civil society in the process.

Last edited:
education, employment, wealth, health, social order and to create that you have to stop corruption and yes........fn religion needs to be put back in its box.

Agreed. Not only put in its box but it must remain completely seperate from the mechanics of the state not form the basis of social principles and laws. Sure believe whatever the hell you want but any claims made get scrutiny and the blow torch applied. No hiding behind Religion to make and promote outrageous and disgusting principles.

When horrible s**t happens I usually try to look for a context at least as to why it happened. This crime is beyond my comprehension. Just disgusting.

Apparently Pakistan is going to hang all the known Taliban members currently in prison

It's going to get very ugly, and escalation of atrocities on both sides and all that.

Attacking a school run by the Pakistani military for the children of military personnel isn't going to be a wise move in the long run. It will probably harden the resolve of the military to go after them, and give them less propensity for mercy.

It's going to get very ugly, and escalation of atrocities on both sides and all that.

Attacking a school run by the Pakistani military for the children of military personnel isn't going to be a wise move in the long run. It will probably harden the resolve of the military to go after them, and give them less propensity for mercy.

Slight correction here.

The school is run by the military but it's a normal public school. There are many children of military personnel there because they get discounts (and the children of dead servicemen get free education) but it is a normal public school that happens to be run by the military. Many of the children are from civilian families

Slight correction here.

The school is run by the military but it's a normal public school. There are many children of military personnel there because they get discounts (and the children of dead servicemen get free education) but it is a normal public school that happens to be run by the military. Many of the children are from civilian families

Ok, I stand corrected.

So have India and Pakistan

10616161_963951646968308_3121332046062210639_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pakistan haven't wasted much time since this horrific act. Over the weekend, 6 death row terrorists were executed by hanging. Of course that's just upset the Taliban further and they have promised reprisals.

An example of the insidious Wahhabi influence in Pakistan which has existed for decades, but which few Westerners know of. How come? Because Saudi Arabia and Qatar are our 'allies' for resource and geopolitical reasons, bugger the consequences.

Too complicated I assume. Easier to be suspicious of all 1.6 billion of them..

As you say, it seems we are sposed to think saudis are the 'good' guys.

Too complicated I assume. Easier to be suspicious of all 1.6 billion of them..

As you say, it seems we are sposed to think saudis are the 'good' guys.

Why wouldn't you be suspicious of them, there is a bit of a common theme going here. Their brother Chechyns did a similar thing a few years back so they have a bit of a record in the child murder stakes. But still it's only a minor % of them, is t it, problem is it only has to be a minor % to be a lot of people/radicals. 1% = 16m that's more than half the population of Australia.

I don't trust the Saudis, I don't know anyone that trusts the Saudis and I certainly don't think they are the good guys, why are we supposed to think they are the good guys?

Cause the fact is you have four more times the chances of to die by lightening than terrorism

Odd of dying of lightening strike ~1 in 700,000 (US figures, but I imagine it would be similar globally).

So worldwide, 7 billion people = ~10,000 deaths from lightening.

According to the NCTC (US national counter terrorism center) report on terrorism (for the year until March 2012), 12,533 people died from terrorist attacks.

The breakdown...
8,886 were perpetrated by “Sunni extremists,”
1,926 by “secular/political/anarchist” groups,
1,519 by “unknown” factions,
170 by a category described as “other”, and
77 by “Neo-Nazi/Fascist/White Supremacist” groups

CNN asked them for a breakdown of other terrorism by other religions than Sunni's, and were told that was it (basically, there is none).

Now, obviously this is by US definitions, so lets not put too much faith in the exact numbers, but I think it's clear you're not 4 times as likely to die from a lightening strike.

Or in other words NOT A FACT

1. How Scared of Terrorism Should You Be? - Reason.com
    reason.com/archives/2011/09/06/how-scared-of-terrorism-should
    Sep 6, 2011 - Not very. You are four times more likely to be killed by a lightning bolt than by a terror attack.
March, 2011, Harper‘s Index noted:
Number of American civilians who died worldwide in terrorist attacks last year: 8 — Minimum number who died after being struck by lightning: 29.

You are 12,571 times more likely to die from cancer than from a terrorist attack.

--You are 11,000 times more likely to die in an airplane accident than from a angry Islamic

kAs CNN reporter Fareed Zakaria (cool guy) wrote last year:

“Since 9/11, foreign-inspired terrorism has claimed about two dozen lives in the United States. (Meanwhile, more than 100,000 have been killed in gun homicides and more than 400,000 in motor-vehicle accidents.) “

President Obama agreed.

According to a 2011 CDC report, poisoning from prescription drugs is even more likely to kill you than a car crash. Indeed, the CDC stated in 2011 that – in the majority of states – your prescription meds are more likely to kill you than any other source of injury. So your meds are thousands of times more likely to kill you than Al Qaeda.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back